Old 16th October 2007, 19:08   #161
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

It also helps if you read the first post in the thread first.
Old 16th October 2007, 19:56   #162
deadp0et

Quote:
Originally posted by Kn0tte
But you cant do that right now, because it is not implemented yet.. But he said that it might be possible, so they might look at it for a future release..?
I do hope so. Let's hope for an implementation in the next release.

Edit: For DJEgg: Yes, it helps I just read the common requests lists, and it's there: "Album Art window for classic skins (if possible?)". Sorry, I had read the first post, but I had skipped that part.

Cheers
Davide
Old 16th October 2007, 20:48   #163
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Hey... DJ Egg, I would be glad if you could answer some questions in this post in this thread.
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....76#post2255176

1. I want some help/answer on the thing I wrote last (in the end of that post) - The Bento skin(s) spectrum analyzer/vis (especially in Big Bento skin)... Why does it act so much slower than the one in the Modern Skin? I like the Modern skin alot, but I may want to try out the Bento skin too.. But I want the spectrum vis to be as fast as in the one in the Modern skin without adjusting the "Timers resolution" so much..
The spectrum vis must fit to the music (if you know what I mean) =)

2. An answer on the songticker "smooth(ie)" scroll thing which some people has brought up a discussion about would be great.

3. (Another question, and I know this is in the first post): Is a browser (like in the Bento skin) planned for the Modern Skin? If it is, it may not be necessary to have more windows... Just have the Media Library window, and then we can choose between "Media Library", "Browser", and maybe "Vizualition" in that window too (buttons on the top, like in Bento - then you dont need to make a whole, new window, but integrate it into the ML window).. Just a suggestion..

Last edited by Kn0tte; 16th October 2007 at 21:04.
Old 16th October 2007, 21:14   #164
MasterViVi

iPod G4 colour.

Same problem as some versions ago (I forgot about it due to the album art goodness, but since it's not fixed, it's back to iTunes again, and I hate iTunes :'( ): existing songs are being replaced ( = data loss!).

For example, a song by Arctic Monkeys that's been one my iPod for almost two years, has now suddenly been replaced by one of the new Radioheads, but who knows what others have been replaced too. The screen says Arctic Monkeys, but the speakers say Radiohead.

Now I can go search for database errors with ml_ipod and recopy the missing songs, but the last time it took a while to do that. Please pay more attention to this bug (shouldn't a simple If FileExists() do the trick? but I imagine it's already there).
Old 16th October 2007, 21:20   #165
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Kn0tte
I couldn't reproduce your other two issues (ML not on top in Winamp Modern skin, songticker title not showing on Winamp startup), and can't repro either of these two either.
The songticker scrolling and spectrum vis are working perfectly ok for me in Bento.

Benski said he could repro the ML not on top issue, and might have an idea what's going on with the songticker not updating corectly. So maybe he might also have an idea about these two other issues. I know I certainly don't.

@deadp0et
Re: AlbumArt window for Classic skins
As far as I know, it would have to be a gen plugin...
Old 16th October 2007, 21:21   #166
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

@MasterViVi
Don't use winamp and itunes at the same time. iTunes likes to do things like that.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
Old 16th October 2007, 21:24   #167
MasterViVi

Quote:
Originally posted by will
@MasterViVi
Don't use winamp and itunes at the same time. iTunes likes to do things like that.
I use Winamp after iTunes (with as much abstence of iTunes possible), so Winamp is the last program to update the db. iTunes was not running at the moment. Or is that still not recommended? (maybe I should simply start my iPod library from scratch, but I can never convince myself to do that)
Old 16th October 2007, 21:27   #168
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Not originally posted by will
@MasterViVi
Don't use iTunes
Looks better ;-)
Old 16th October 2007, 22:21   #169
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@Kn0tte
I couldn't reproduce your other two issues (ML not on top in Winamp Modern skin, songticker title not showing on Winamp startup), and can't repro either of these two either.
The songticker scrolling and spectrum vis are working perfectly ok for me in Bento.

Benski said he could repro the ML not on top issue, and might have an idea what's going on with the songticker not updating corectly. So maybe he might also have an idea about these two other issues. I know I certainly don't.

@deadp0et
Ok.. But does this means that since atleast one of you (developers) can reproduce the issues, it will be tried to fixed? Im just asking since I remember you said before that if you could not repr, you was not able to fix it..
It will be looked into for 5.5x....?

Hm, so spectrum vis is not slower than in other skins (Winamp Modern)? For me it "goes up and down" (act to the music..) slower.. I just might have to try the "Timers resolution" thing, but then I might use more CPU.. But I will try.. What setting are you using on that "Timers resolution"? I can try it.. I have used it on default (33ms) and then it seemed to me that it was slower in Bento than in Modern..

If you are making a browser for the Modern skin, remember my tip (have it all, Media Library and browser in one window - if it is possible)

Keep up the good work Winamp Developers.. You are doing a great job, making Winamp the best player (with many features and customizeable things) out there.. Nothing can beat it
Old 17th October 2007, 01:54   #170
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Re: Known Bugs/Issues

-Winamp/in_mp3 crashes on some mp3's (when playing/adding to playlist, or scanning Watch Folders, or using Auto-Tagger or Playlist Generator, etc) (info + fix) *

in_mp3 patch for Winamp 5.5
http://stashbox.org/44399/Winamp55_MP3_Patch.exe
Old 17th October 2007, 07:16   #171
soulstace

Quote:
What setting are you using on that "Timers resolution"? I can try it.. I have used it on default (33ms) and then it seemed to me that it was slower in Bento than in Modern..
Autodetect, 15ms here.

Bento, Thick bands, Show Peaks, Fast, Fast, Fire

The only time it starts to get slow is when I scan the media library. Thought it might be because of my single-core CPU, but my laptop with dual core and Windows Vista seems even slower..
Old 17th October 2007, 07:46   #172
hugo25

Request : In File Info Component, possible to add 'Disc #' ?
Old 17th October 2007, 08:42   #173
alexjoey

Please remind burn issue

Please, if 5.51 will be released just for an in_mp3 id3v2 it will be poor ;
is someone can burning with 5.5 ?

I've just tried to insert an empty CD-R, so the ML yet display the empty disc, but it's just can't help to have a burn button anyway.

For two, at least, Writer Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-109 is concerned.
Some of ones here tell it's should be happening for writer where the driver was an M$ Windows provided (means instead of a join'CD), which is actually for ALL drivers.

no writer appears in the send menu.
For information, I have an LG-GSA 2164D, but using saved playlist @ Nero .

Restore the burn ability please.
Old 17th October 2007, 09:42   #174
deadp0et

Quote:
@deadp0et
Would be great
Old 17th October 2007, 09:44   #175
Stone Free

Quote:

-Winamp/in_mp3 crashes on some mp3's (when playing/adding to playlist, or scanning Watch Folders, or using Auto-Tagger or Playlist Generator, etc) (info + fix) *

What about proxy authentication for CDDB CD plugin!
Old 17th October 2007, 09:49   #176
Stone Free

Will it be possible to have a warning message when trying to close winamp when it is in the middle of transfering songs to a device (iPod in my case) as I once aciddently closed it when clicking somewhere in the skin whilst I was reloading my iPod from scratch at around 98% and ended up with 0 entries in the iPod database despite all the songs being on the hard disk. I suspect winamp actually crashed. It would be good if winamp would write some sort of progress file so that it could restart from where it left off.
Old 17th October 2007, 14:18   #177
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@alexjoey

There's a thread in Bug Reports about the "No Burn button" problem here:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=278919

@Stone Free
I reported the issue about proxy not being detected/used for Gracenote MusicID/CDDB, so hopefully it will be looked into....?

All other posts have been noted, as always.
Old 17th October 2007, 15:11   #178
djpete
Major Dude

Quote:

djegg,
can u pls explain this patch.
should i install?
thanks for a great build guys and girls.
wow.

found the thread with more info.
thankyou.

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 17th October 2007, 15:20   #179
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

UPDATE

http://stashbox.org/44502/Winamp55_MP3_Patch.exe

This also fixes the "Winamp UI freezes when loading corrupt mp3's" issue, as reported here

@djpete1959
Click the "Info" links for more info.
Yes, I recommend that everyone installs the updated MP3 Decoder (in_mp3.dll), even if you weren't getting any crashes/lockups when trying to load/play/scan/etc any mp3's.
Old 17th October 2007, 19:11   #180
pjn123
Major Dude

Winamp bug: When you have only winamp open... with any modern skin... Click the Show Desktop quick launch button... this will hide everything... now click it again. Ugly Old Classic winamp window on the screen. If you use double size classic skin it will be double size.

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
Old 17th October 2007, 19:18   #181
hugo25

Quote:
Originally posted by hugo25
Request : In File Info Component, possible to add 'Disc #' ?
It is possible ?
Thanks.
Old 17th October 2007, 19:57   #182
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Quote:
Originally posted by hugo25
It is possible ?
Thanks.
@ Hugo25
If you don't see the Disc # Field, then you have probably installed an 3rd party MP3 decoder. There was an old one that people used to use called MPG123 I think. Get rid of that. Your file info should look like ths screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clipboard.jpg (88.2 KB, 351 views)
Old 17th October 2007, 20:24   #183
hugo25

Quote:
Originally posted by Juanus
@ Hugo25
If you don't see the Disc # Field, then you have probably installed an 3rd party MP3 decoder. There was an old one that people used to use called MPG123 I think. Get rid of that. Your file info should look like ths screenshot.
Sorry, I am not clear, I ask 'disc #' for the bento skin, in the windows near the player.
Old 17th October 2007, 21:59   #184
Serpher

Quote:
2. An answer on the songticker "smooth(ie)" scroll thing which some people has brought up a discussion about would be great.
It's new Winamp Modern skin fault. I've tested older version of Winamp Modern skin and there was no problem with songticker. Unfortunately in this new version, songticker looks like forgot some fps...

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
MB: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 GHz) || RAM: 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz || Audio card: ASUS Xonar D2X || Video card: GeForce 460 GTX || OS: Windows 7 SP1 || DirectX: 9.0c (latest) || Winamp version: latest || Winamp skin: Modern
Old 17th October 2007, 23:27   #185
ecereb

Quote:
Originally posted by soulstace
Encode your mp3s to a higher bitrate. If you do it right, you should hear little or no difference between an mp3 and a wav file. And mp3s save a hell of a lotta space..
Question, if I recommended a set of what I would called “Lama Kicking” speakers that had as one of its characteristics an 8 to 10% distortion factor, would you be interested? No, you’d look at me as if I had roaches crawling out my nose and sell me to…

Well…That’s exactly what MP3s at the highest possible bit rate have as a chrematistic. Lower bit rates have an even higher distortion factor.

The people who are shelling out the big bucks for the 160G iPod Classic are buying it for the roooom to put their lossless files on.

And, Winamp lends itself very well to the task of ripping CDs down to lossless formats. It just needs to be able to correctly update the iPod library database…
Old 17th October 2007, 23:34   #186
Grimm Fandango

Anyone know how to enable the default modern skin for this version? It reverted to the classic skin when I installed this new version and I have no idea where the regular modern skin is...

edit: thank you, Sawg.
Old 17th October 2007, 23:42   #187
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Skins Menu > Modern Skin

If it isn't there reinstall the FULL version.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Old 18th October 2007, 02:19   #188
Lonely Shepherd

BUG:
The "Open file dialog" doesn't shows the files with the 'wav' extension.
It only shows it when the "All files (*.*)" mode is selected but not when "All supported types".
Old 18th October 2007, 02:36   #189
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Problems with 'All Supported Filetypes' in Open File Dialog
(eg. it either shows all extensions, or some supported types are missing)
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=238906

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Old 18th October 2007, 03:20   #190
Lonely Shepherd

So what is it?: (In winamp 5.5 changelog)
* Fixed: 'All supported files' showing all filetypes in Open Files dialog
What was exactly fixed?
Old 18th October 2007, 03:47   #191
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Basically, the issue referenced via the link provided by Sawg is a Windows limitation, where the Open File Dialog can only support a maximum string of 260 characters.

What this means, is that if Winamp supports too many extensions, and the 'All Supported Types' string exceeds 260 chars, then any extensions which appear after the 260 char limit will not be shown.

The workaround is to remove support for the rarer extensions in in_wave, in_midi, in_mod etc configs, to bring the total chars down to under 260, and then .wav will be shown again.

The bug/issue that was fixed in 5.5 was that if the 260th character ended up being an asterisk or period (eg. the "*" or "." in *.wav), then this made the Open Files Dialog show all extensions (ie. even those which Winamp had no native support for, such as txt, doc, htm, etc etc), because an asterisk/period denotes all filetypes (*.*)
Old 18th October 2007, 04:34   #192
Lonely Shepherd

DJ Egg
A fully constructive answer!
Respect.
Old 18th October 2007, 07:41   #193
Lonely Shepherd

Here another winamp bug: (see attach)

Small Bento (not large)

How to reproduce:
Play any song. Press the “Change the content this area holds” button in right window and
choose “Skin settings”. Then choose “Notifier” and dblclick on the “Show notifier” option.
Then press at the left-arrow button appeared. Then choose next menu (“Visualisation”) and dblclick at the same place where left-arrow button was in the previous step.
Not always but very often Winamp crashes.

winamp caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module gen_ff.dll at 001b:1202bd75
Read from location 000005cc caused an access violation

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Reproduced, and edited in some extra info.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamp_error.jpg (63.6 KB, 340 views)
Old 18th October 2007, 13:31   #194
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
That's exactly what I get all the time and where you said you couldn't reproduce it.

The point is, I actually *can* reproduce it the way Lonely Shepherd describes it. And additionally, it occurs randomly some times on my Laptop.

By the way - nothing to do with WA5.5 or issues etc, but: What actually does "Allow Surround"? What effect does it have on a PC with an analog, stereo-only AC97 card? Something like "Dolby Surround/ProLogic LT/RT Downmix for MP3-surround"?
Old 18th October 2007, 14:06   #195
soulstace

Confirmed here as well.

Sometimes, I can change color theme without even being in color themes menu. It's like the left arrow button is still there even though I can't see it. (e.g. Select "Color Themes" in the menu, you will see some buttons labeled

[<-][SET][->]

Now switch to "Visualization" menu, the buttons disappear but I can still change colors by clicking where the [<-] button was).

Bento small version btw.
Old 18th October 2007, 14:36   #196
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Serpher
It's new Winamp Modern skin fault. I've tested older version of Winamp Modern skin and there was no problem with songticker. Unfortunately in this new version, songticker looks like forgot some fps...
Nah.. Now it is exact the same as in Classic skins (which I love, and then I love the Modern too).. And we can choose "Classic Scroller style"
But since some people say that they want it to be more smoother, I have talked a little bit about it.. It is the same for me.. If it is possible, I could test it though.. Whatever.. Heh..

Keep up the good work..

But to another thing.. It could be useful to have the same songticker in the winshade mode too (so we can choose Classic scroller style etc).. But that is in my opnion though
Old 18th October 2007, 15:04   #197
Franky_B

Quote:
Originally posted by pjn123
Winamp bug: When you have only winamp open... with any modern skin... Click the Show Desktop quick launch button... this will hide everything... now click it again. Ugly Old Classic winamp window on the screen. If you use double size classic skin it will be double size.
Yes, I see this, too. And it stays on the desktop, even when winamp is closed. But it cann be "rubbed" away with every window or the desktop icons.
Old 18th October 2007, 20:24   #198
woeger

Just wanted to let the Winamp devs know that the libpng library has been updated to fix several known exploits involving PNG graphic files. Might want to update to the latest 1.2.22 version of libpng in the next Winamp refresh/update, as Winamp is still using version 1.2.20 of libpng per the version 5.5 changelog.

News about libpng updates/bugs fixed/exploits plugged

This update to the PNG graphic library code fixes the following security exploits:

iCCP crash bug (CVE-2007-5267)
crash bugs (CVE-2007-5266, CVE-2007-5268, CVE-2007-5269) that can be triggered by visiting a malicious web site.
Old 18th October 2007, 22:02   #199
soulstace

How can I burn an Audio CD with this version?

I tried Send To, but my drive letter isn't showing up.

Rip & Burn shows the blank rewritable disk (CD-R), but no matter what I do, I cannot get my tracks go into the list. (Not even by directly dragging the WAV files that I converted to manually)

What am I doing wrong? TIA

EDIT -
Oops, sorry I didn't noticed a new Known Bug/Issues in the first post! I will try suggestions posted here
Old 19th October 2007, 12:54   #200
Concept211

Send a message via AIM to Concept211
Awesome job!!!

You guys just keep making this great app better and better every year! I love the new skin and design and all the little features here and there. Again, great job and keep it up!!!
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion