Old 19th October 2007, 15:39   #201
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Hey.. DJ Egg.. I dont know if you have read the whole "Songticker scrolling not smooth for Modern Skin" thread, but I came up to an idea, and I want you to think about it, and then maybe close that thread after that..
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....15#post2256815

My idea is to have the ability to set the "Text scroll speed" to something between the standard options (Slower, Slow, Average, Fast, Faster).. Add numbers, and we can set it to what we want (free setting, like the Timers Resolution thing, where we can set it to what we want, and there is numbers at the top - 15ms etc..)
Then we can set the "Timers Resolution" to 15ms, and text speed to something between for example "Faster" and "Fast" if one get to fast, and the other is a little bit to slow (if you know what I mean).. This is a good idea IMO..
This is not actually a must-needed thing though, but it is a very good idea, since the setting is more "free"..

Last edited by Kn0tte; 19th October 2007 at 16:57.
Old 19th October 2007, 19:38   #202
TheUniqueTiger

About the smooth songticker, I did a few tests and found that if the timer resolution (mine is 15 ms), is lowered or increased, text scroll speed invariably decreases with the maximum being at the optimum level thats 15ms. However CPU usage never jumps beyond 4%.
Does the songticker use a different timer resolution? Or any changes thats been done to the number of pixels it scrolls?

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 19th October 2007, 19:40   #203
soulstace

I wrote an Audio CD with Winamp v5.35 (because I cannot burn with v5.5 atm). When I play it in Winamp v5.5, the Gracenote MusicID opens but does not find any results. Also, a window labeled "no matches found" always opens underneath Winamp (when winamp is set "always on top"), so I have to switch to windowshade mode in order to get to it. (it took me awhile to figure out what was actually going on.. because the Gracenote window would not close after I clicked Abort; it just stayed open "Querying.." and the button changed to "Aborting...")
Old 19th October 2007, 20:02   #204
Serpher

@Kn0tte
Thanks for interest my case
But for real, in this new version, Winamp Modern skin songticker is working worse that previous... ; /

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
MB: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 GHz) || RAM: 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz || Audio card: ASUS Xonar D2X || Video card: GeForce 460 GTX || OS: Windows 7 SP1 || DirectX: 9.0c (latest) || Winamp version: latest || Winamp skin: Modern
Old 19th October 2007, 21:45   #205
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Serpher
@Kn0tte
Thanks for interest my case
But for real, in this new version, Winamp Modern skin songticker is working worse that previous... ; /
Nah.. Or, it is up to each other what they like or not.. But if you like the songticker in Classic skins, you should in Modern/Bento too...
One remaining thing is that windowshade songticker should be updated too... And classic skins winshade songticker should be scroll-able (now it doesnt scroll at all in classic skins)..

Quote:
Originally posted by TheUniqueTiger
About the smooth songticker, I did a few tests and found that if the timer resolution (mine is 15 ms), is lowered or increased, text scroll speed invariably decreases with the maximum being at the optimum level thats 15ms. However CPU usage never jumps beyond 4%.
Does the songticker use a different timer resolution? Or any changes thats been done to the number of pixels it scrolls?
Yes it does.. I know that But I would still have the ability to more "free" "Text speed" setting (so we can set it between Fast, Faster etc..).. But thats what I think though...
About the pixels.. It may have changed (since we now can choose "Classic scroller style"). The code from Classic Skins was imported I think, and that changed the pixels... But it is OK for me.. But then winshade should also be the same IMO
But I agree, it was a little bit smoother before..

How is it going on 5.51 etc?
Keep up the good work DEVs

EDIT: People, and DEVs - Download and try this skin.. It is possible to see that the songticker scrolls more smoother here (this is a skin from 2005)..
But I like it as it is now (in 5.5) though..
http://www.winamp.com/skins/details/146704

Last edited by Kn0tte; 19th October 2007 at 22:45.
Old 20th October 2007, 06:24   #206
THPSFG

speaking of 5.51, i was able to save about 12.7kb by running the Bentoo images through optipng -o7, except numfont. i'm sure the other included skins could save a little, however i'm not sure how this affects performance if by speed or memory footprint or both. since it's open source i don't think there are any legal reasons to include images that were optimized by it.
Old 20th October 2007, 10:55   #207
Ojay

I am using the original in_mp3 and the replacement in_mp3 (as posted above in this thread) for mp3 playback and I have a problem with the sound quality since: middle-to-high frequencies are quite noisy and in part distorted (I compared the sound with other decoders and the effect seems to be real) and in part it sounds like a low-bitrate aac+ rather than mp3.

Last edited by Ojay; 20th October 2007 at 13:16.
Old 20th October 2007, 17:53   #208
Ojay

to add to my previous post with several additional investigations: I tried it several times, with 24-bit, without 24-bit, with surround, without surround: it is always the same - very noisy upper frequencies by decoding mp3 files with distortions I do not hear on other mp3-players. I changed the normal output from DirectX to WaveOut Output - the problem didn't go away. The files aren't clipping, I checked that.

Ah, and before I forget it, the quality of the files I tried wasn't below 192kbps CBR (usually I tried files with >200 kbps VBR MP3) and had a bandwidth of 44.1 kHz.

I am quite sure that the problem didn't exist during the beta stage - it started with -final 5.5. For me it seems as if the decoder is broken somewhere...

Last edited by Ojay; 20th October 2007 at 20:46.
Old 20th October 2007, 20:21   #209
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Hey.. I and TREADJF came up to an solution about that songticker "smooth" thing (so people who dont like it as it is now, can change it to be more smoother).. Here we go Let me know what you think

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....05#post2257605

Last edited by Kn0tte; 20th October 2007 at 20:43.
Old 20th October 2007, 20:52   #210
Serpher

Unfortunately it wasn't so smooth as I wanted. In 5.35 Modern skin was better. Thats the truth.

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
MB: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 GHz) || RAM: 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz || Audio card: ASUS Xonar D2X || Video card: GeForce 460 GTX || OS: Windows 7 SP1 || DirectX: 9.0c (latest) || Winamp version: latest || Winamp skin: Modern
Old 20th October 2007, 21:31   #211
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Serpher
Unfortunately it wasn't so smooth as I wanted. In 5.35 Modern skin was better. Thats the truth.
Did you read my post at all? Because of that, I got that idea of a choice (smooth scroll, and less smooth scroll).. OK? Then you can choose what you want..
That is just an idea though .. I dont know if it is possible or not (to have that choice), so we have to wait for an answer on that
I think this idea is ok, since so many are saying that it was better in 5.35.. Therefore, the choice idea is better than having only one thing
Old 20th October 2007, 22:40   #212
Ojay

Final addition to my error reports about the in_mp3 decoder of Winamp 5.5.

I went back to 5.5 beta 3 and it sounded as horrible as Winamp 5.5 final. I then went back further (install of 13. September, not sure which beta it was but it was a 5.5beta, I had a backup folder with it) and checked the sound quality of that decoder - it was okay. I then re-installed Winamp5.5-final and used it with the in_mp3 of the Winamp beta from the 13. September. That worked and the sound quality was okay and back to normal again.

So what happened in between? Between 13. Sept. and Winamp 5.5 (final)? Why is the sound quality so bad now?

Last edited by Ojay; 20th October 2007 at 23:09.
Old 21st October 2007, 03:00   #213
lordsky

Send a message via AIM to lordsky
Bad Ampersand

This is really a cometic issue since this does not affect the tagging but in the Send To -> Auto tag option, any song field with an ampersand will show an underscore. Presumable, this is because windows attempts to make it a shortcut key.

Old 21st October 2007, 13:30   #214
MasterViVi

Weird stuff.

Yesterday I've been updating my cd rips with artwork and album artists tags. I used iTunes, since it's easier to tag multiple items and it embeds the album art.

However, when importing the edited items in Winamp, there are several problems with some (not all albums, some):
- Album Artist is not recognised (empty in Winamp). I've checked with The Godfather and it recognises both Winamp's tags and iTunes' tags as the same.
- Covers not recognised. I've checked one album its tags with The Godfather, and it's a .PNG, maybe it's because of that?

In one case, I've changed the album title from "2046 - OS" to "2046", and Winamp still sees "2046 - OS", even on another computer. I've noticed that it's still in the old way in the ID3v1 tag, but shouldn't v2 have priority?

Also, another bug: when editing the album name, and importing a cover, it uses the old album name for the cover.jpg.

edit: also, this version of Winamp seems to produce an occasional "crackle", or however you describe it (the sound of the mp3 lagging for a millisecond). I never had this with the previous versions.
Old 21st October 2007, 13:39   #215
Ojay

I get the impression that this thread is not monitored by Devs anymore... I switch to a different player now. The most basic thing for a good player is the decoder and here especially the mp3 decoder (and not the playlist design and Artwork but I get more and more the impression that nobody cares about audio quality here) - and the decoder doesn't produce "clean" audio anymore.
Old 21st October 2007, 14:15   #216
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Ojay
I get the impression that this thread is not monitored by Devs anymore... I switch to a different player now. The most basic thing for a good player is the decoder and here especially the mp3 decoder (and not the playlist design and Artwork but I get more and more the impression that nobody cares about audio quality here) - and the decoder doesn't produce "clean" audio anymore.
Calm dowm.. The DEVs read this thread, but that doesnt mean that they have to answer on each thing.. You say that you have problems with the mp3 deocder - maybe they are working on it? :P
Dont switch to another player.. Nothing can beat Winamp
Just be patient, and wait..

Also, have you tried to post your issues in the "Winamp bug report" forum/Winamp core bugs thread? That is a tip
Old 21st October 2007, 14:15   #217
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Trust me, the devs are reading the postings.
Quote:
I get more and more the impression that nobody cares about audio quality here) - and the decoder doesn't produce "clean" audio anymore.
This is the biggest crap, I've ever read. The MPEG audio decoder was vastly improved over the old version, which was bundled in Winamp 2.9x.

Software always contains bugs, no software is perfect.

Bugs can just be fixed, if somebody is able to reproduce this. I'm sure, that the devs will check the issue so stay tuned.
Old 21st October 2007, 15:06   #218
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Ojay
Post in the Bug Reports forum, and include a link to a sample mp3 which exhibits this alleged poor decoding playback quality.

We can't reproduce the problem here, but if we can get hold of a sample mp3 which exhibits the problem, then the problem can be fixed.

Also attach a List of Plugins to your post.

@MasterViVi
If you're using some external tag editor, then you'll need to select the items in Winamp's Media Library, then: right click > Read metadata on selected items.
This way the externally updated metadata will be re-read into Winamp's mldb.

Easier solution? Use Winamp instead.
iTunes is notorious for an ID3v2.4 unsynchronization bug when embedding albumart, and to boot, you'll also save a bit of disk space by not having the same image embedded into all the tracks on the same album ;-)
Old 21st October 2007, 19:18   #219
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ojay
Final addition to my error reports about the in_mp3 decoder of Winamp 5.5.

I went back to 5.5 beta 3 and it sounded as horrible as Winamp 5.5 final. I then went back further (install of 13. September, not sure which beta it was but it was a 5.5beta, I had a backup folder with it) and checked the sound quality of that decoder - it was okay. I then re-installed Winamp5.5-final and used it with the in_mp3 of the Winamp beta from the 13. September. That worked and the sound quality was okay and back to normal again.

So what happened in between? Between 13. Sept. and Winamp 5.5 (final)? Why is the sound quality so bad now?
There were absolutely no changes to the decoder code between these two dates. Maybe you're imagining it?

I just did a "bit compare" on the same mp3 decoded in build 1550 (sep 13) and the final 5.5 release
Old 21st October 2007, 19:24   #220
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
@Ojay...

As Ben said, maybe you're imagining it?
OR...
Maybe you have "Allow 24bit" checkmarked and your sound card can't support it, and therefore produces shitty/crap sound?

If that's the case...
CTRL+P for Winamp Preferences > General Preferences > Playback
In the right pane, under Audio, UNcheck "Allow 24bit" if it's checkmarked. Close out of Preferences, close Winamp, and then restart Winamp.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Old 21st October 2007, 21:49   #221
MasterViVi

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@MasterViVi
If you're using some external tag editor, then you'll need to select the items in Winamp's Media Library, then: right click > Read metadata on selected items.
This way the externally updated metadata will be re-read into Winamp's mldb.
Yeah, tried that already, but didn't have any effect unfortunately.

Quote:
Easier solution? Use Winamp instead.
iTunes is notorious for an ID3v2.4 unsynchronization bug when embedding albumart, and to boot, you'll also save a bit of disk space by not having the same image embedded into all the tracks on the same album ;-) [/B]
I should've known it was iTunes again. I wish I could stop using it, but like I said, I actually prefer having the album art embedded into the files. Not that I care much, I listen to music, don't really look at the covers. All you need is Winamp for that.
Old 21st October 2007, 23:24   #222
djpete
Major Dude

Well so far this version is stable as a rock for me.
I used to have the occasional crash when djing using winamp especially when searching through mlibrary.
i have used 5.5 since release and no crashes on my main pc.

Used it for 6 hrs straight at a gig the other night with the paptop and it was bulletproof.

Fingers crossed this could be the release I have been waiting for.

Sure people will find small bugs but I am talking about the core player and search system and I reckon you guys have got it spot on. The rest is just a little fine tuning as it goes along.
Good one.

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 22nd October 2007, 02:00   #223
only_johhny

I'm having a strange issue now that I'm not sure how to recreate 'cos of I've only just noticed it. Basically it seems to be the media library reading for my generic usb portable device (iAudio M3) has the id3 tags wrong or something. They either show up with no artist at all, or as some weird attempt at the artist taken from the song or album, e.g. Sleater-Kinney's self-titled album has become just artist - "Sleater", album - "Kinney", and Pixies song U-Mass has become artist - "U", song - "Mass". Clearly the hyphen is having some effect.

The id3 tags appear to be fine, v1 and 2, so it seems to be a reading issue, rather than Winamp messing up the id3 tags when it writes to the player. I tried removing the Winamp xml file off the player but it makes no difference once a new one is created.

I can't think of any relevant info that'd help diagnose. Oh one thought just came to me, this possibly happened after I manually copied some stuff to the player, though that's possibly just a coincidence.

Edit: Just to confirm it must've been a reading issue because I have no idea what I just did, but everything is back to normal, all the artists are correct.

Last edited by only_johhny; 22nd October 2007 at 02:49.
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:07   #224
tomkorver

BPM column view

I saw that there should be a BPM column list for Local View in version 5.5, but....where is it?
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:21   #225
flocksoft
Major Dude

Common Requests:

Commonly requested features taken from all of the 5.36/5.5 beta threads.
Feedback is welcome, though there's no need to keep making requests for any of these:
  • Bento skin: Vertically resizable main player area
  • Bento skin: Options to hide Info Pane / tabs / etc
  • Bento skin: Options to detach vid/vis/other windows
  • Bento skin: Options to add/edit tabs or rearrange windows/components
  • Gecko/other engine for Bento browser (instead of IE)
  • Winamp Modern skin: AlbumArt in Notifier
  • Winamp Modern skin: Any other missing new Bento features
  • Album Art window for classic skins (if possible?)
  • Lang pack updates for other locale translations
  • Same scrollbar/buttons for Playlist as ML
  • BPM column for Local Media views
  • Select/Edit fields in Mass Autotagger results before updating
  • Publisher (or other fields) shown in AlbumArt Columns and/or Details view
  • Anything else already covered in the above notes, eg. AlbumArt (in)completion
  • Any other items already on the official Wishlist
  • Watch this space for more
from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....78538#wishlist (recommended post)
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:06   #226
TheUniqueTiger

The following is really weird...
Today I had a power failure. Winamp was running then (Bento skin). The next time I managed to start my system, and tried to run Winamp, it showed a fatal script error in the file songticker.maki. There was no way to get Winamp running. I then tried to install over the existing installation, but it still came up with the same error. I then uninstalled Winamp and again installed it. (the Essentials pack files were not deleted). Now Winamp post-installation screen came up with the choose-skin dialog... I chose Bento then Finish... and then the Bento display never came up. Task manager showed full CPU being used by Winamp! I then reverted back to an older Winamp.ini and now its working. I wonder what the problem was! In general this version seems to be dangerous if not closed properly.

I posted this here, as I had numerous power failures before while running Winamp, but never experienced such trouble to get it back again! I wonder what changes in this regard have been done in this version!

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:47   #227
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
For the Bento Skin, I have another request, not listed above:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=279297
Old 22nd October 2007, 14:40   #228
tomkorver

Quote:
Originally posted by flocksoft
Common Requests:

Commonly requested features taken from all of the 5.36/5.5 beta threads.
Feedback is welcome, though there's no need to keep making requests for any of these:
  • Bento skin: Vertically resizable main player area
  • Bento skin: Options to hide Info Pane / tabs / etc
  • Bento skin: Options to detach vid/vis/other windows
  • Bento skin: Options to add/edit tabs or rearrange windows/components
  • Gecko/other engine for Bento browser (instead of IE)
  • Winamp Modern skin: AlbumArt in Notifier
  • Winamp Modern skin: Any other missing new Bento features
  • Album Art window for classic skins (if possible?)
  • Lang pack updates for other locale translations
  • Same scrollbar/buttons for Playlist as ML
  • BPM column for Local Media views
  • Select/Edit fields in Mass Autotagger results before updating
  • Publisher (or other fields) shown in AlbumArt Columns and/or Details view
  • Anything else already covered in the above notes, eg. AlbumArt (in)completion
  • Any other items already on the official Wishlist
  • Watch this space for more
from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....78538#wishlist (recommended post)
Yes this is exactly my point, I can't get the BPM column view while it says that it should be possible.
Again:
When I do 'Choose columns' I can NOT choose a BPM column.....how do I do this if it is possible?
Old 22nd October 2007, 14:44   #229
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Yes, you cannot. That is why it is a "Common Request" and not a current feature.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:08   #230
sacredyuja

Nice! I can finally change radio stations without Winamp freezing up on me! This is great!

However, how do I disable the popup when the song changes?
Old 22nd October 2007, 19:40   #231
3ntity

Thanks

After becoming frustrated with v5.5 repeatedly crashing, i downloaded the `in_mp3 patch for Winamp 5.5' from the first page, which seems to have solved the issue. Thanks for this; i'll have a look at which tags could have been wrong
Old 22nd October 2007, 19:43   #232
3ntity

Quote:
Originally posted by sacredyuja
...However, how do I disable the popup when the song changes?
Options -> Notifications -> Never show.
I quite like 'em but wish i could customize them properly... Maybe i missed something Or i could install toaster or something of the likes i guess...

But then again, why even use Windows? :P
Old 23rd October 2007, 13:23   #233
sacredyuja

Quote:
Originally posted by 3ntity
Options -> Notifications -> Never show.
I quite like 'em but wish i could customize them properly... Maybe i missed something Or i could install toaster or something of the likes i guess...

But then again, why even use Windows? :P
You rock, thanks! <3
Old 23rd October 2007, 17:19   #234
celticchrys

love it!

I've been a winamp user since the beginning. Love the new version with the Bento skin! Keep up the good work!
Old 23rd October 2007, 17:39   #235
3ntity

Re: love it!

Quote:
Originally posted by celticchrys
I've been a winamp user since the beginning. Love the new version with the Bento skin! Keep up the good work!
I started really using it when version 5.x came out, quite some time ago...
The Bento skin is definitely a great addition! Just a few more tweaks and this player is as close to perfection as can be, hehe. Great success!
Old 26th October 2007, 15:29   #236
Gilgamesh83

thanks...

Just wanna say that you guys do an excellent job and I especially love the new auto tag function. Just what are you guys gonna come up with next?
Old 28th October 2007, 22:16   #237
MasterGoa

I like 5.5 a lot!

Noticed that transcoding is flawless, would often
GPF in 5.35.

I like the new look.

Noice!

MG
Old 29th October 2007, 13:45   #238
TheUniqueTiger

Here I've found Winamp showing two different covers for the same file on the screen! I don't know if this is intended to be a bug, so didn't post in the bugs section. The cover shown in the MCV is a front cover downloaded by WMP in the same folder and named folder.jpg. The one shown below the PL is the back cover thats embedded in the MP3. On opening Artwork in File info box it shows the back cover (by order of priority the embedded artwork gets preference!). I think its a bug and should be fixed to show only the one according to priority (at both places!).

(The front cover may also be embedded in the MP3, but I can't determine it.)

Here's the screenshot.

Old 29th October 2007, 14:43   #239
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by TheUniqueTiger
Here I've found Winamp showing two different covers for the same file on the screen! I don't know if this is intended to be a bug, so didn't post in the bugs section. The cover shown in the MCV is a front cover downloaded by WMP in the same folder and named folder.jpg. The one shown below the PL is the back cover thats embedded in the MP3. On opening Artwork in File info box it shows the back cover (by order of priority the embedded artwork gets preference!). I think its a bug and should be fixed to show only the one according to priority (at both places!).

(The front cover may also be embedded in the MP3, but I can't determine it.)

Here's the screenshot.
Hmn.. I have some questions and other things here:

1. I have songs in my playlist editor. When I listen to a song, I dont see a picture of the album at the top.. How do I get it to show? Do the songs need to be in the Media Library? Im kinda new to this.. I havent tried it before :P

2. I tried to add one song to the local media (audio)..
In the local media, it is like this:

Artist-----------------Album
....-------------------....

Artist

To delete that song I added, I had to rightclick on the song under Artist at the bottom of the library. I could not do it on the other Aritist or Album thing (if you understand me).. Why not?

3. On TheUniqueTiger`s screenshot, we can see that he has a extra "window" to show album picture under the playlist too. How do I get that?

4. As for the songticker bug when starting Winamp (showing "Winamp 5.5" instead of song) (which I posted a long time ago) - I have some extra info.
It happens only with the Winamp Modern Skin. It does NOT happen with Bento. I thought that this might help you find the problem and fix it.. What about just copying the code from Bento into Winamp Modern skin? Or doesnt that work?
Dont get me wrong - When starting Winamp, it should say "Winamp 5.5" in the songticker.. But not for a long time (it is perfect in Bento at startup). In Winamp Modern skin, it shows all the time until I click another song than #1 in the playlist..

/Kn0tte
Old 29th October 2007, 18:15   #240
TheUniqueTiger

@ Kn0tte,
Looks like you didn't try the features of the Bento/Big Bento skin.
1. The top pane is the Multi-component view (MCV). Click the rightmost button and select File info components and check Album art. Also make sure that File Info in that same menu is checked. Only those tracks which have embedded album art or a corresponding image file in the same folder will show the album art when played, whether its in the ML or not.

2. The ML view you are mentioning is not the Local Media but Audio. The top 2 panes list the artists and albums in the ML for easy reference and limiting your search to find the track... If you click on the appropriate artist and/or album the bottom pane shows the result of the search, thus limiting to only the proper results. Since the bottom pane lists the tracks (the upper panes list artists and albums), which is the individual file in your ML, right-clicking on the item in the bottom pane gives you all the functionality for the file.

3. In Bento/Big Bento skin, Options -> Playlist -> Check both the options.

4. I never paid attention to it... Sometimes it shows Winamp 5.5 and sometimes the song title, but it doesn't make any difference whether its a bug or not.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion