Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Yeah, my bad. It requires some extra fixes that are in winamp.exe :-(

Stick with the first patch for now.

Here's the url for anyone else experiencing the problem:
http://stashbox.org/54116/Winamp55_MP3_Patch.exe

Note, this was the first patch released a few weeks ago, and only has fixes for various crashes with corrupt id3v2 tags, and none of the other fixes from the newer patch.
DJ Egg, do these changes in winamp.exe also affect the Replay Gain calculations? I was having some problems with calculating the gain for mp3 files if I was using the update 3 for in_mp3. Reverting to update 1 solved this. Also was there ever a (public) update 2?

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
Old 29th November 2007, 02:01   #282
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Hmm, it's possible....

No, update 2 wasn't public. Infact, I made it for just one person, and that was a couple of days before update 3.

If you're not getting any crashes with update 1, then stick to using that for now.

Everything is working fine in the latest internal builds, so it's highly likely that update 3 also requires a few other fixes from winamp.exe and elsewhere for all functionality (ReplayGain, Transcoder, etc).

Sorry about that, heh.
Old 29th November 2007, 15:14   #283
Hawk

Quote:
Originally posted by J_Darnley
DJ Egg, do these changes in winamp.exe also affect the Replay Gain calculations?
I had trouble with replay gain as well. I reverted back to Winamp 5.5 without any patches. Now it works again. :-)
Old 30th November 2007, 15:22   #284
eboe

Send a message via AIM to eboe Send a message via Yahoo to eboe
OK, I've looked around here and I don't seem to be able to find any mention of the bug I'm getting - when I'm using ML to rip CDs, it used to (before 5.5) clear out the CD info when I ejected a disc and then automatically poll CDDB for the info on the new CD once it loads up. It stopped doing that with 5.5. I have a clean install with no add-ons. I can get it to refresh by going out of the CD drive and then back into it, but I'm not sure why it's not refreshing the info automatically anymore. I suppose it would be fine if there was a button to refresh the view but there is not. I have a workaround now, but I figured that if you were not already aware of it, that it would be something you would want to look at for the next release. Also, I am using the Modern Skin, on Windows XP SP2 on a Dell Dimension E310 at my work.
Old 30th November 2007, 17:31   #285
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
eboe--
I used to have that problem in some of the betas of 5.5, but when final was released, that problem was gone. I remember DJ Egg saying that in_cdda.dll needed some optimization. Since the problem was gone, I figured the devs had done that already. Maybe he could post some info.
Old 30th November 2007, 19:34   #286
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Yeah, I think that happens if CD Autoplay is disabled in the registry, or maybe even if you've got the Windows Autoplay popup dialog thing set to 'Take No Action'.

Another issue that is already fixed in 5.51 internal betas.
Old 30th November 2007, 21:27   #287
jph6t
Major Dude

Quote:
Yeah, I think that happens if CD Autoplay is disabled in the registry, or maybe even if you've got the Windows Autoplay popup dialog thing set to 'Take No Action'.

Another issue that is already fixed in 5.51 internal betas.
Just as an FYI ... I have AutoPlay disabled in my registry …
and my Winamp CD View clears/loads automatically with the ejection and loading of CDs.
Old 2nd December 2007, 04:54   #288
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
I've noticed that some MP3 files won't allow replaygain to be calculated for some reason. How do I correct something like that?

Erase and rebuild the ID3 tags?
Old 2nd December 2007, 10:43   #289
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Are you sure that only some won't run the calculation? I found that all MP3 files failed if you have the Update 3 in_mp3 patch. Otherwise you could try removing the tags on a copy of the file and then re-trying the calculation.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
Old 2nd December 2007, 18:58   #290
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Ahh, crap. That seems to be the problem. Though before the Update 3 patch there were a couple that still would refuse ReplayGain.

I'll try those in fb2k and see what happens.
Old 2nd December 2007, 19:06   #291
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Use the Update 1 patch instead... for now.
The link/info is in the Updates section of the first post.
Old 3rd December 2007, 17:01   #292
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Goodbye bugfest

5.51 Public Beta preview now available :-)
Old 3rd December 2007, 19:33   #293
jph6t
Major Dude

Quote:
Goodbye bugfest

5.51 Public Beta preview now available :-)
"Rock & Roll!" Thank you DEV team!!!

Last edited by jph6t; 3rd December 2007 at 19:51.
Old 4th December 2007, 13:27   #294
vnvmod

automatic drive detection

hi.

i was wondering if it's really necessary to implement features that by default call "random" pop-up windows to annoy the user, for at least such is the case on my end right now.

the issue is as follows. i recently installed this version 5.5 of winamp and had it running. as i connected a usb memory stick to my computer winamp popped up a window saying:

"Winamp Portable Player Support - Winamp detected a removable drive, "KINGSTON (E: )". Is this a portable music player that you want to manage with Winamp?"

the answer is no! no! no! no! there will be many more devices -new to winamp- plugged into this computer in the coming future and so i'd be pleased if i could now tell it never to bug me like this again!

i don't like pop-ups. there should be a separate console for that kind of information and action. maybe a discreet indicator notifying you of pending user tasks. clicking on it would take you there. for instance.

you know, first you gotta remove these "helpful" features from windows before you can properly use it and now also winamp forces you to act the same on its behalf. as a general rule: demanding user attention where it really isn't crucial is bad development in my opinion.

i have been using winamp since the nineties and was kind of disappointed by this aol thing when it came about, but chose to let it be and just keep enjoying the nice program.

i recall a similar type of event taking place with the media library maybe a couple years back. at that time i had to install a plugin that was created to prevent the popping up taking place. i understand the issue was fixed in some later winamp release.

/rant

so.

how do i remove this annoying feature?

is it done by uninstalling the "Nullsoft USB Device Plug-in" in Options>Plug-ins>Portables ? i will try it now.

other than this... thanks for this nice piece of program! and my apologies if this post was in any way ill-placed or so. i thought maybe it was best posted in this thread.

thank you.

in lak'ech! <3

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Yes (that is a feature of pmp_usb.dll).
In future, please pay attention to the Installer Options.
Old 7th December 2007, 12:54   #295
last.fm

I do like the new version of Winamp.
Especially the albumart features. Only thing I hate is that when you scroll the albums in full view, it takes a while to load all the coverart. Is there a way to fasten that up?
Old 14th June 2008, 04:00   #296
resnbl

Album path cleaning examples

Quote:
Winamp 5.5 Beta Preview 3 (Build 1600) to 5.5 Final (Build 1640) Changelog

* = 5.36/5.5 beta-specific issues

-Improved: Album Art: %album%.jpg path cleaning. Retrieval service now replaces illegal characters in the Album name by using the same naming convention as cd ripping for saving the cover filename. i.e.
? * | are replaced by _ (underscore)
/ \ : are replaced by - (hyphen)
" is replaced by '
< is replaced by (
> is replaced by )
Examples:
Album Name: Greatest Hits: Why? = cover filename: Greatest Hits_ Why-.jpg
Album Name: Vol. 1: "\Bleh/" <|Blah|> = cover filename: Vol. 1- '-Bleh-' (_Blah_).jpg*

Is the first example, above, correct? According to the text, the ':' should translate to '-' (not '_') and the '?' should go to '_' (not '-'). The second example seems right to me.

I have noticed that the above text has been copied/pasted into a number of threads as the "official rules" for album path cleaning, so the examples should be correct...
Old 14th June 2008, 11:35   #297
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Well spotted. Fixed. Thanks :-)
Old 29th January 2009, 02:17   #298
MrDutchy

The provided download links forward me to the same old 5.541 download. Could anyone provide the correct link(s) please? Thanks in advance ..
Old 29th January 2009, 02:22   #299
osmosis
Major Dude

5.541 is still the current stable version. If you want the beta of 5.55 you can look in the stickied Beta thread. You just revived the 1 year old 5.5 thread.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion