Author: PeterK.
Type: Modern Skin
File Extension: wal
SHA-1: D671D6BA51E5C5E838A6159D31686EDCC1E1948D
Size: 3.47 MB

Changelog:

- added: Tips & Tricks
- added: CD Coverflow

- fixed: Switching between "Time Remaining" and "Time Elapsed" on Main Player is now deactivated while streaming

- changed: Color of active PLAY/PAUSE/STOP-buttons on Main Player (now green, yellow and red)
- changed: A-B Repeat deactivated while streaming
- changed: No glow effect on active PLAY/PAUSE/STOP-buttons (like it used to be before adding the glow effect)
- changed: "Stream" to "Homepage" in FileInfo section on Playlist Editor. Very often Winamp leaves the stream name empty
- changed: Got rid of the BPM decimal point. (BPM: 120. => 120)
- changed: Context menu entry "Display Reflection Opacity". Now "Light Reflection (Opacity)"
- changed: Context menu entry "Sidepanel Reflection". Now: "Light Reflection on Side Panel"
- changed: Context menu entry "Side Panels Color". Now: "Side Panel Color"
- changed: Context menu entry "VU Meter on Main Player". Now: "VU Meter (digital) on Main Player"

Download Link: Here.

Enjoy!

Additional notes:

1. I would like to say THANK YOU to leechbite for the CD Coverflow feature and script.
2. In order to change the opacity of the light reflection on album covers in Coverflow please use the context menu Options => Quinto Black CT => "Light Reflection (opacity) => CD Coverflow.
3. Use keyboard for browsing through the covers in Coverflow: left (-1), right (+1), home (start), end (last), pgUp (+10), pgDown (-10), enter (play track), x (play track), v (stop).
4. About option Slide Effect on Title Change: When you scroll through album covers using the left/right keys you will notice that there is a very nice slide movement, which I implemented also while Winamp plays the next song or user hits previous or next button. The negative aspect of that feature is that loading a huge playlist and having Shuffle activated would create an almost endless scroll movement between, say, track number 20 and 150. In order to avoid such "annoyance" you can turn the slide effect off and Winamp will instantly "jump" into the next track. (you will still see sliding covers while using the left and right keys though).
5. Font used in Coverflow window is called Calibri. XP users please install it. https://www.wfonts.com/font/calibri
6. While having CD Coverflow and another window open (in which you would like to use keyboard) you will realize that using keys left and right will move the covers instead of moving your mouse cursor in this particular window. You must close CD Coverflow window or use mouse in order to move the mouse pointer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Update 2.4.png
Views:	923
Size:	578.3 KB
ID:	54233  
PeterK. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 13:59   #2
ariszlo

A great release again!

I cannot find the "Hide Coverflow Background" option. Have you not implemented it?

Latest and greatest modern skins: Big Bento Modern v1.13 & Quinto Black CT v3.1
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 14:44   #3
xmuzack

Oh, I'm enjoying your skin! It gets better and better, thanks!
xmuzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 15:35   #4
PeterK.
Quinto Black CT Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariszlo View Post

I cannot find the "Hide Coverflow Background" option. Have you not implemented it?
Taaadaaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmuzack View Post
Oh, I'm enjoying your skin! It gets better and better, thanks!

I am very happy to hear that!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	background.png
Views:	854
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	54235  
Old 10th December 2018, 18:40   #5
ariszlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK. View Post
Taaadaaaa!
I got it. You pop it up by right-clicking on the Coverflow background. I was trying to find it in Main Menu - Options - Quinto Black CT...

Latest and greatest modern skins: Big Bento Modern v1.13 & Quinto Black CT v3.1
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 18:50   #6
PeterK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariszlo View Post
I got it. You pop it up by right-clicking on the Coverflow background. I was trying to find it in Main Menu - Options - Quinto Black CT...
In the beginning I was thinking about adding a menu button, but after making the decision of giving the background transparent "touch" the intention of creating a menu button vanished. What was left was context menu option = hence right mouse button.

Always check your mouse right button on new stuff first.

Old 15th December 2018, 10:03   #7
PeterK.

I found a bug in the recent release of my skin. The context menu options:

Light Reflection (Opacity) -> CD case - 80 %
Light Reflection (Opacity) -> CD case - 60 %
Light Reflection (Opacity) -> CD case - 40 %

do not work due to wrong container name in the script file init_light_reflection_opacity.m.

It says: getContainer("cd.coverflow") in lines 397, 410 and 423 instead of getContainer("compact.disc").

I will fix it for the upcoming 2.5 version.
Old 16th December 2018, 15:07   #8
ChozoSR388

Question

Love this skin! It's like having the Hi-Fi system I always wanted on my dektop. The only question I have is, when you have the artwork set to the jewel case, is there any particular reason that the jewel case goes dim when you 'shut the system off'? I mean, I guess there could be some way to rig up lights inside a jewel case, but it just seemed odd to me, personally.
ChozoSR388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2018, 18:12   #9
PeterK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChozoSR388 View Post
Love this skin! It's like having the Hi-Fi system I always wanted on my dektop.
I am glad you like it so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChozoSR388 View Post
The only question I have is, when you have the artwork set to the jewel case, is there any particular reason that the jewel case goes dim when you 'shut the system off'? I mean, I guess there could be some way to rig up lights inside a jewel case, but it just seemed odd to me, personally.

It is just a further step in implementation of an idea I had in the very beginning (2010) to have my skin on the desktop but in off-state. I also thought about adding an OFF/ON button but then decided to keep it as it was - hitting stop button was supposed be a substitute for such button. Today, not only many buttons and displays go dark while switching into off-state but also the album covers in ART-, Playlist Editor-, CD Case- and CD Coverflow-window.
Old 11th August 2019, 10:39   #10
kleopartitia

Another beautiful skin from Quinto series
kleopartitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2019, 16:49   #11
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleopartitia View Post
Another beautiful skin from Quinto series
The latest version is 3.1. It has new features and some bug fixes. https://winaero.com/download.php?view.1916

Version 3.1 may not work correctly after using previous versions of Quinto Black CT. I assume some of the configuration data from previous versions somehow corrupt or interfere with the configuration data for 3.1.

The fix I used is rather drastic, since I could not determine what the error(s) was/were. It requires removing the configuration data for all of the modern skins you are using, which will then require re-configuring each of them all over again. You do this by shutting down Winamp, then deleting or renaming the file that Winamp uses to store the configuration data for modern skins. This file is created or updated each time Winamp is shutdown. The modern skins configuration data file is located in your Users - Appdata - Roaming - Winamp folder. The same folder that your "winamp.ini" file is in. The file is named "studio.xnf". This is a text file that you can use the Windows notepad app to view and edit (if you know what to fix or change).

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins