Old 28th June 2006, 01:06   #1
Jeeper One
Major Dude

Where For Art Thou Is The VP6 ActiveX Control?

Hi everyone:

Tried looking for it on SCVI.NET. Is it gone? Someone please say it ain't so!

Cheers

Pat (a.k.a. Jeeper One)

Pat Cook
Englewood, CO
Jeeper One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 03:49   #2
sankt

The AmpX is the suggested one to use.
( The one modified by Rava. )

It is ActiveX compliant.

It can acomodate the VP6.1 and VP6.2 video codecs in addition to AAC and AAC Plus audio codecs.

Scenic Television is your ambient window to the world - - Television.ScenicRadio.com
sankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 12:24   #3
dwacc

Quote:
Originally posted by sankt
The AmpX is the suggested one to use.
( The one modified by Rava. )

It is ActiveX compliant.

It can acomodate the VP6.1 and VP6.2 video codecs in addition to AAC and AAC Plus audio codecs.
Anyone know the status on a firefox plugin for vp62/aac+? I'd like to switch my stream from vp3/mp3 to those codecs, but am worried about compatibility issues.
dwacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 16:18   #4
hhb

NSV Active X?

For Sankt:

A few months ago, tested both the NSV and the AMPX versions of Active X for several weeks in a row. For some reason, had "off and on" problems with the AMPX -- sometimes it wouldn't load for testers, sometimes it wouldn't load for me.

Solution that usually worked was to delete all AMPX files from a local machine, then try the player page again, getting a new AMPX download. Have had the same problem with it when visiting other sites that use it -- not always, just sometimes. Also had the problem at ravetrax a few times, as did testers who reported back. Most likely the problem was rooted locally since deleting/reloading the control fixed it.

Didn't understand exactly what caused the AMPX problem, so finally chose to go with the NSV version for MSIE, which has worked consistently with all testers for this situation. (To be used mostly for livecasting small events with voice commentary instead of basically just playing music.) Encoding with 6.1 at 250 KBS/25 FPS/raw ACC at 32 KBS, 320 x 240, using FFDShow helper.

The NSV version seemed easier to Javascript when enabling more of its ActiveX features. Also, it's a 68 KB download for the viewer instead of AMPX's 500 KB+. And finally, the difference between VP6.1 vs VP6.2 output seems to be negated by using FFDShow profiles. So NSV ActiveX is what it came down to for here.

Question: Any idea of what caused the problems with AMPX?

Question: Is the NSV ActiveX control no longer available for download anywhere?

Thanks for a reply. -- hhb

PS: Those interested in viewing the test NSV ActiveX version can go here. Won't be any livecasting for a couple of days because of steady rain (test broadcasting is usually outdoors).

However, there's an "off line" clip that plays, also a few short on-demand clips for testing player functions when it has no live content. (Apologies for short clip quality, encoded before Virtual Dub/FFDShow, etc came to my attention) As mentioned, you need MSIE to view it.

Last edited by hhb; 28th June 2006 at 17:29.
hhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2006, 00:17   #5
sankt

You can still get the information and the downloads for the OLD ActiveX controls at the original post HERE

The OLD ActiveX controls DO NOT support the VP6.2 video codec or the AAC Plus audio codec.

I am not sure why the AmpX player would be causing problems like that.

Scenic Television is your ambient window to the world - - Television.ScenicRadio.com
sankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2006, 05:23   #6
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by sankt
I am not sure why the AmpX player would be causing problems like that.
It seems reliable enough for me. It's probably a bad codec pack used with it.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2006, 15:08   #7
hhb

rockouthippie, duh here, apologies for that. But do you mean the problem could be a bad codec pack on the local machines? The .cab has all the necessaries, right? As said, don't quite get it, but would like to perhaps try it again these months later with more understanding about it.

Thanks, hhb

PS: for dwacc -- http://www.scvi.net/activex.htm states that "The combination of VP3 video and MP3 audio are the only ones available for xpi deployment."

Last edited by hhb; 30th June 2006 at 15:26.
hhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2006, 16:28   #8
dwacc

Quote:
Originally posted by hhb
PS: for dwacc -- http://www.scvi.net/activex.htm states that "The combination of VP3 video and MP3 audio are the only ones available for xpi deployment."
Alright, thought I'd ask since websites sometimes lag behind a bit. Thanks.
dwacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast TV / Nullsoft Video