Old 4th November 2009, 05:29   #161
contion

download url?
contion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 02:52   #162
HeldImZelt

So, what about implementing cue support natively? Cue Player does work, yes, but its inaccurate and could need better support. Winamp generally lacks major features these days like cue and wasapi support.
HeldImZelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 08:32   #163
DrO

has been on the wishlist for years though that's all it is and never guarantees a feature will appear in the player.

there is means for a 3rd party implementation cue support using new Winamp api's to allow for more accurate handling but it requires someone with the means and time to implement it (as an official implementation would likely be done via plugins for most of it anyway) especially the cue parser which can use the existing playlist loader api (have one sat around which just needs a valid playback module to do the required seeking and fool the built-in vis but i doubt i'll ever finish that off...)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 11:14   #164
BZRK

cue_player 0.57c does not work anymore with Winamp 5.57, makes it hang

anyone else has this problem, a solution or an alternative cue plugin?
BZRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 11:49   #165
caribou

Same problem here, I'm fighting with CUE_Player for 2 days now and that's not working, any suggestion ?
caribou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 00:36   #166
bgjones

I've been fighting too..
the options I wanted to set didn't save.. "unpack cue files when added" wasn't working and it was really dumb.
what did the trick for me was adding the cue files as the first item in the playlist and then you can add it all over the playlist.. try that
bgjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 18:18   #167
tavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribou View Post
Same problem here, I'm fighting with CUE_Player for 2 days now and that's not working, any suggestion ?
Winamp 5.572 + Cue Player 0.57c = works, BUT!
To make it works I went to Options->Plug-ins->General Purpose->CUE Player 0.57c->Configure selected plug-in->CUE Player Configuration->"General" tab->"Try to resolve missing files" option and ENABLE it! So, if .cue-file contents wrong information about real music file extension then Winamp hangs. But this option fixes that issue.
tavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 07:55   #168
Bioton

Cue Player 0.57c (Winamp 5.601) plugin bug volume jump (maximum volume) at winamp startup. When user tach the volume slider the volume set to right value. Please, help.
Bioton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 07:45   #169
Peppino

Cue Player 0.57c works fine, the problem is some .cue files have not been created or formatted correctly and that is the cause of the problems playing them in Winamp. I have come accross many such .cue files and they would hang Winamp if you try to play them inside the Winamp Media Library. The solution is to use an app called CDRCue to create or re-format .cue files properly and you will find they will play in Winamp without any problem.

Still, after all these years, Winamp should have implemented native .cue support by now. Why still no .cue support? It should be a simple thing to add to the program.
Peppino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 08:49   #170
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppino View Post
Still, after all these years, Winamp should have implemented native .cue support by now. Why still no .cue support? It should be a simple thing to add to the program.
it's not such a simple change and these plug-ins only work by hacks (hence why for a lot of people it never works) since you need to change a large number of parts of Winamp to actually implement so it'll do accurate seeking (the seeking plug-ins can do is never exact), correct ui integration, management, etc without having clunky additional windows.

yes it should have been in there by now but it hasn't happened and when i volunteered to do it is a part-funded project last year (when i was out of work and could get it done) no one in the community wanted to contribute towards it so it never happened (which was a shame).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2013, 00:24   #171
BKDotCom

I finally threw in the towel
I found a slick little media player called MusicBee.. excellent flac & cuesheet support.
BKDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2019, 02:24   #172
M.D-78 Odysséus

Display Winamp cue in Unicode (Japanese)
My Winamp is not displaying Japanese cue files in playlist, I use bento skin on version 5.666 build 3516 on Windows 10 Pro
M.D-78 Odysséus is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion