Old 9th July 2008, 17:00   #1
HeLL_AnGeL92

Send a message via AIM to HeLL_AnGeL92
Using OtsAV DJ

I have been trying to install the Shoutcast plug-in using the OtsAv DJ program following the directions on there website, but it doesnt seem to be working. I will get to the part of the installation that requires you to pick a directory for the plugin and according to the OtsAV directions, I have to put it in the otsAV folder but I will not let me put it there. Please help.
HeLL_AnGeL92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 18:58   #2
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Because it is looking for Winamp. Which can be downloaded here.

It's a Winamp plugin, so the installer wants Winamp.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 20:10   #3
HeLL_AnGeL92

Send a message via AIM to HeLL_AnGeL92
then how does the plugin work for otsav
HeLL_AnGeL92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 21:32   #4
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Contact the authors of ostav for support on that product then.

(If you want to cheat, you can open the installer with 7Zip and pull out the yummy dsp_sc.dll in the inside and move it to the correct folder for ostav)

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 19:17   #5
ptyintexas

Using VirtualDJ

There is any way I can stream public using VirtualDJ? I am listed as private. How can I get my radio listed online?
Thank you for your help

Albit

Quote:
Originally posted by Sawg
Contact the authors of ostav for support on that product then.

(If you want to cheat, you can open the installer with 7Zip and pull out the yummy dsp_sc.dll in the inside and move it to the correct folder for ostav)
ptyintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 20:39   #6
arthurvasey

OtsAV has to be paid for and registered before it can be used outside the bedroom - I used the free version (not a cracked version) of Ots Turntables for my online broadcasts - sounded perfect from my studio (well, lounge) - but it kept jumping on the broadcast.

Arthur Leslie Vasey
arthurvasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2008, 10:24   #7
zee100

code:
How to integrate the SHOUTcast plug-in:

Integrating SHOUTcast with OtsAV involves three simple steps:

Step1: Download the SHOUTcast plug-in.

Step2: Install the SHOUTcast plug-in.

Step3: Configure SHOUTcast with OtsAV.

Step2.
How to install the SHOUTcast plug-in
Run the installation file.

You will be prompted to select the directory to install SHOUTcast in.

Click the Browse button and navigate to the C:\OtsLabs\ directory and click on OK. Or alternatively type C:\OtsLabs\Winamp into the text box and click on OK.

Click on Next and complete the installation process

Step3.
How to configure the SHOUTcast plug-in with OtsAV
Open OtsAV.

Go to Options -> Shoutcast -> Set Plug-in... select the dsp_sc.dll file in the C:\OtsLabs\Winamp\Plugins directory.

Click the Open button.

Click the icon on the toolbar. The SHOUTcast integration feature is in the secondary output section of the Output Configuration dialog box.

Set the Sample Rate that you are able to broadcast at from the Upload to SHOUTcast server: drop down list. By default the Sample Rate is 44,100Hz and should be left at this rate unless your encoder settings demand a lower rate.

Click the Spawn button, this will open the SHOUTcast Source dialog box.

Select the Output Tab to enter your webcast server details. Your webcast service provider will have provided you with the Webcast Server address, Port Settings, and your webcast server password. Type the information provided into the relevant input boxes in the Output tab.

You will now need to set the correct encoder Bitrate and Sample Rate for your broadcast. Click on the Encoder tab and select from the drop down menu the Encoder Settings that you wish to broadcast at.

Note: the Sample Rate should match the Sample Rate you set in OtsAV.

Tip: Use the table below as a guide for the best broadcast bitrate for your internet connection.

Select the Output tab and click the Connect button. All going well you should now be connected to your webcast server and broadcasting your new Internet Radio Station for the masses to hear.

Done this many times without a problem.

Please note: You can't use the Free Version of OtsAV or Turntables to do so!
zee100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2008, 16:52   #8
NetChain

Send a message via ICQ to NetChain Send a message via AIM to NetChain Send a message via Yahoo to NetChain
I just installed DSP plugin with OtsAV for another station. Plugin is written for WinAmp, so OtsAV has fake WinAmp with file which is actually called winamp.exe, which really not WinAmp, but rather their proprietary program which acts like a gateway between OtsAV and the DSP plugin.

Make sure your OtsAV is installed in the folder wher you have permissions to copy/install other files/programs.
NetChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support