Old 27th November 2011, 22:52   #1
agentmith

problems with shoutcast server, winamp freezing/crashing

I've been dealing with a problem for a long time where after a few days of playing my shoutcast server, my winamp will crash. My total playlist is somewhere around ~20000 songs, and after reloading the playlist is truncated to 3889 or so songs. I clean it all up, add all the songs and play and it goes fine for about 3~4 days and it crashes again.

I'm using the most current versions of everything, and I'm using a null output plugin. I've tried a couple null output plugins but it doesn't make a difference.

It's running on Windows 2k3 R2 SP2, with all hotfixes up through September of this year or thereabouts.

There are no relevant errors in the event log, just shoutcast saying "Hey I can't stream because winamp isn't running" type of errors.

I've been working with the shoutcast dev for some time, and he suggested I post here to see if there is anything on the winamp side that could be causing the issue.

This all started when I built a new computer, and upgraded the version of shoutcast from the older 1.x version to the new 2.x version at the same time. In my prior build, I had absolutely no problems and it would play for months without issue. It was an older version of winamp also, which I don't have the version handy but I could probably find if it were necessary.

There's another thing that might be worth mentioning in regards to this issue... When I have the songs on the playlist and play randomly, instead of winamp closing, it stops playing, and after restarting it sounds like it's going 10x as fast, plays for 2 seconds, then stops again. In this case I need to clear out the playlist and add everything again. If I shuffle the songs first then play sequentially, it just crashes and truncates the playlist upon relaunching and plays normally.

I suspect there is a memory leak somewhere, but without any event log errors I have nothing to go off of aside from trying random plugins. If it were feasible, I would go back to the old versions of everything and be done with it, but I don't believe that is the best course of action going forward.

I've got screenshots of all the plugins and versions and my winamp.ini file if anyone thinks it would be helpful... although I haven't done much aside from making the absolute minimal amount of changes to get shoutcast working.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas or if there is any other information that you would like to see. Thanks!
agentmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 07:09   #2
DrO

i actually said there was no point in re-posting things in here since it would still come back to me since it's to do with a SHOUTcast related issue. though i'm now not sure where things had gotten or what test build of the Source DSP you're using (if it all).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 15:19   #3
agentmith

I apologize, I misread your last communique. Please don't hate me.
agentmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 15:39   #4
DrO

there was no intention of hate in my reply so not sure where that's come from - it might have come across as a bit grumpy though was 8am and had only just got up (hence being a mooderator).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
shoutcast