Old 7th August 2005, 20:17   #1
Triton4
Major Dude

Black teen in England killed with an axe

Quote:

Student dies in racist axe attack

The hunt for the racist killers of a black teenager who was left with an axe embedded in his skull in an unprovoked attack is continuing.

A-Level student Anthony Walker, 18, died in hospital after a gang of up to four white men attacked him in Huyton, Merseyside, on Friday.

He had been taunted at a bus stop with his white girlfriend and a male cousin. They fled but were set upon in a park.

Police believe the killers are local, and want the community to give them up.

'Torrent of abuse'

Mr Walker had spent the evening with his girlfriend, who attended the same sixth-form college in Huyton.

Merseyside Police said that as the couple waited for a bus outside the Huyton Park pub with Mr Walker's cousin they were subjected to a "torrent of racial abuse" by a man in his 20s wearing a hooded top.

Police want to trace two men who were seen talking to the man shortly after he hurled the abuse.

Mr Walker and his companions did not retaliate to the abuse and left to find another bus stop. But they were followed and as they walked through McGoldrick Park they were attacked by a gang of three or four men.

Mr Walker's girlfriend and cousin saw a man carrying an axe bludgeon him, and ran to get help. When they returned minutes later they found him slumped on the ground with massive head injuries.

The axe was embedded in his skull.

Police hope CCTV footage from a camera just yards away from where Mr Walker was attacked will provide vital clues.

Mr Walker was taken to Whiston Hospital and later transferred to Walton neurological centre where he died at 0525 BST on Saturday.

'Despicable act'

Merseyside Police Assistant Chief Constable Bernard Lawson said: "What we are dealing with here is an unprovoked and vicious attack on a young black man which we believe to be racially motivated.

"This was a despicable act and we are absolutely determined to find the people responsible."

Mr Lawson urged local people to help catch the killers.

"We believe the offenders are local and we believe it is the responsibility of the local community to give these people up," he said.

"There are a lot of decent people in the local area who are absolutely shocked at what has happened."

Police said there have been a series of racially motivated attacks in the area, and were not ruling out a connection.

Several floral tributes have been left at the scene of the murder.

Mr Walker was a churchgoer who was also a keen basketball player. The BBC's Richard Wells said local people had told him that those who knew him said he "wouldn't hurt a fly".

Mr Lawson added: "Anthony was a young Christian studying for his A-levels and wanting to be a lawyer.

"Those dreams for him and his family are now dashed."
Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...de/4730559.stm
Triton4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2005, 20:19   #2
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Disgusting.
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2005, 20:25   #3
Triton4
Major Dude

Yeah, so much for my thinking that UK were becoming more open-minded to foreigners...
Old 7th August 2005, 21:30   #4
Schmeet
Major Dude

Uhh, bit late? They've already got some suspects one of them being a footballer's brother from Man. City. Uh, not too clear whether they have charged anyone, though.
Schmeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2005, 22:08   #5
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally posted by Triton4
Yeah, so much for my thinking that UK were becoming more open-minded to foreigners...
Too bad racism is an international thing...

That's fucking disgusting, though...The demographic and geological area kinda surprise me, but that doesn't really matter, does it?

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2005, 22:20   #6
sgtfuzzbubble011

Why couldn't they do that to the guy that threw the puppy off of the balcony? At least that asshole would've deserved it.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2005, 22:36   #7
Print
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeet
Uhh, bit late?
Yeah I heard about this like a week ago...
Print is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2005, 00:34   #8
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally posted by Triton4
Realise that this young man was natively British, born to a family who were British. It was a rascist attack by a group of morons who our society has no control over.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2005, 01:58   #9
Triton4
Major Dude

OK, I should have written "non-whites" in place of "foreigners" - but for some reason, I didn't want to.
Old 8th August 2005, 03:30   #10
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

And I was naive enough to believe that blacks were only targeted in the deep south of America, like close to Sarge
Old 8th August 2005, 04:07   #11
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
The demographic and geological area kinda surprise me
Quote:
Originally posted by ElChevelle
And I was naive enough to believe that blacks were only targeted in the deep south of America
That's what I'd expect too...Unless the Land Rover's in the UK look like this and have shotguns in the backseat...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2005, 06:42   #12
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
only in the UK. (eat it all you "only in the US" bastards)
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2005, 13:24   #13
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by dlinkwit27
only in the UK. (eat it all you "only in the US" bastards)
Yeah, without pickup trucks to drag people from we need to improvise over here.

On a serious note though, whaaaat the fuck went on here. Who the hell is unhinged enough to kill someone with an axe, particularly for such a ridiculous reason as that?

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2005, 18:12   #14
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Well I guess the gun laws prevented another murder in the UK- Ooops, no they didn't!

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2005, 23:52   #15
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

The gun laws were never meant to deter murders in the sense that it is impossible to deter murder from a society. The gun laws were meant to control as far as possible gun ownership and use within the normal population. Yes we still have problems with guns, but I believe we have far less problems than other countries who dont have such stringent gun laws.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2005, 01:20   #16
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Lizzie Borden took an axe and gave her mother 40 whacks!
When she saw what she had done, she gave her father 41.

I picture a gang of hooligans looking to jack someone up and the guy was hanging with a white chick. Just enough to set off a psychopath.
Old 9th August 2005, 03:00   #17
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo Baggins
The gun laws were never meant to deter murders in the sense that it is impossible to deter murder from a society. The gun laws were meant to control as far as possible gun ownership and use within the normal population. Yes we still have problems with guns, but I believe we have far less problems than other countries who dont have such stringent gun laws.
Sorry, couldn't resist. Every time someone mentions a murder or a gun around here the discussion always degenerates to a discussion of how Americams should give up their guns to prevent crime.

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2005, 07:12   #18
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Quote:
Originally posted by CaboWaboAddict
Sorry, couldn't resist. Every time someone mentions a murder or a gun around here the discussion always degenerates to a discussion of how Americams should give up their guns to prevent crime.
LOL! Soooo True.

With bastards like this, a gun(or sword) comes in handy. :P
Omega X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2005, 08:38   #19
c2R
Stereotype?
(Forum King)

white man killed by black thug

A sickening crime, but there's far less press coverage.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4739477.stm
c2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2005, 13:13   #20
zootm
Forum King

Reasons why there's less press coverage:
  • No indication of racist motivation.
  • Knife rather than axe.
A less spectacular attack all around. And for the record I'd heard of that second one on the news, but not the one the thread's about, funnily enough.

Old 10th August 2005, 02:41   #21
mrthchemp

Re: white man killed by black thug

Quote:
Originally posted by c2R
A sickening crime, but there's far less press coverage.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4739477.stm
yeah the BNP seem to be trading on that one. youre not a member are you c2R? (just curious )
mrthchemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2005, 03:55   #22
rockouthippie
Banned

http://www.kptv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3672606

When a dozen black guys kick the crap out of white guy, it's not a race crime, it's because they didn't like him having a bicycle.

Yeah.... it must have been because he was a bicyclist.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2005, 07:59   #23
mrthchemp

so black people are capable of racism?? i must say im shocked. well youve opened my eyes there, roh. i never knew such things went on. incredible!

what you want to do is get the white guy from the axe murder, and the black guy from the knife murder, lock both the bastards in a room together and let the fuckers fight to the death, with the promise of freedom for the victor. then just as the winner's raising his arms in victory, you turn on the gas...

sorry, i dont know wot come over me. and me a pacifist too
Old 10th August 2005, 08:45   #24
c2R
Stereotype?
(Forum King)

Re: Re: white man killed by black thug

Quote:
Originally posted by mrthchemp
yeah the BNP seem to be trading on that one. youre not a member are you c2R? (just curious )
hehe, no - I come from mixed roots myself...

...what actually gets me the most though, is no matter how poor people in my family have been in the past; we didn't resort to crime to make a living, and have been brought up with more respect than the person who was throwing food and knifed the guy on the bus for no reason.

Furthermore, my grandparents that came to England assimilated the language and culture of this country, and worked hard to make a living here, not like a lot of the spongers that inhabit our towns today (of any race), that think the world owes them a living...
c2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2005, 12:55   #25
zootm
Forum King

Re: Re: Re: white man killed by black thug

Quote:
Originally posted by c2R
...what actually gets me the most though, is no matter how poor people in my family have been in the past; we didn't resort to crime to make a living, and have been brought up with more respect than the person who was throwing food and knifed the guy on the bus for no reason.
Does this have a single, solitary thing to do with him being black? I've not seen his attack being described as racially-motivated, and the problem with violence amongst whites is at least as bad as with any race, at least up here. When I first read the story I assumed that the attacker was a white ned ("chav" is the word I think people down south use), because it's just the sort of person I'd expect to do that. It didn't seem to be a racist attack as such.

By contrast in the main story the boy was attacked because he was black. My understanding of the English language, modest though it is, leads me to believe that that's why it was described as a racist attack.

Old 10th August 2005, 19:57   #26
rockouthippie
Banned

There was a little white girl here, that was 10. She was getting teased by a bunch of hispanic kids. She clobbered one with a rock. HATE CRIME!.

A guy I know, got jumped by a half dozen hispanic guys. He's tough, kicked some ass and got away, but got hit in the head with a baseball bat. Got a broken arm and a bad concussion. NOT A HATE CRIME.
Old 10th August 2005, 20:13   #27
protegechris
Forum Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
Too bad racism is an international thing...

That's fucking disgusting, though...The demographic and geological area kinda surprise me, but that doesn't really matter, does it?
Quote:
Bloody ell m8, I do believe theres a young black lad over yonder!

lemme get muh axe m8

cheers

yeah, i'm back.
protegechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2005, 20:48   #28
mrthchemp

Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
There was a little white girl here, that was 10. She was getting teased by a bunch of hispanic kids. She clobbered one with a rock. HATE CRIME!.

A guy I know, got jumped by a half dozen hispanic guys. He's tough, kicked some ass and got away, but got hit in the head with a baseball bat. Got a broken arm and a bad concussion. NOT A HATE CRIME.
well i really couldn't comment on either of those (or how they were reported etc.) cos ive not read about them first-hand.

personally tho, im "colour blind" when it comes to crime (or anything else for that matter)
Old 10th August 2005, 21:44   #29
Omega X
Forum King

Quote:
http://www.kptv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3672606

When a dozen black guys kick the crap out of white guy, it's not a race crime, it's because they didn't like him having a bicycle.

Yeah.... it must have been because he was a bicyclist.
OR it could be ANYTHING. That story was vague as HELL. Also there was NO mention of a hate crime in the entire article.

He might have said something that pissed off 12 passengers at ONCE according to the article.
Old 10th August 2005, 23:31   #30
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Omega X
He might have said something that pissed off 12 passengers at ONCE according to the article.
If you read the article and listen to the local news here, the cops said it was because he had a bicycle on the Max train.

All I'm saying is that if a dozen white guys beat up a black guy.... HATE CRIME ..... no questions asked.
Old 11th August 2005, 02:18   #31
mrthchemp

Quote:
If you read the article and listen to the local news here, the cops said it was because he had a bicycle on the Max train.

All I'm saying is that if a dozen white guys beat up a black guy.... HATE CRIME ..... no questions asked.
im not sure what your point is. it probably was a hate crime. and the bicycle thing was just their rationale for attacking him. but i don't see how it's been misreported or played down in anyway. the guy only had minor injuries. maybe if he'd had an axe embedded in his skull, it would have been a little more newsworthy.
Old 11th August 2005, 14:51   #32
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by mrthchemp
im not sure what your point is.
o_O

He just said it.

10 Black guys beat up a white guy for any reason:
Crime.

10 White guys beat up a black guy for any reason:
Hate crime.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2005, 16:17   #33
mrthchemp

from what ive read nobody said it wasn't a hate crime - the bicycle thing was just THEIR rationale for the attack (as reported by the victim) - no reasonable person really believes that's why they did it. but it's a poor example. noone died, noone was seriously injured. thus it obviously doesnt deserve as much media attention as someone having his skull cleaved in twain. i think it's reasonable to call THAT a hate crime. lets face it, im pretty sure it wasn't because he knocked over his pint in the pub...

sure there's some racial bias in the media. but it's a far cry from say, apartheid south africa, or cowards concealing themselves under white hoods cos they know full well what theyre doing is utterly unacceptable. thankfully now those people at least are a dying breed (or at least i hope so).
Old 12th August 2005, 00:52   #34
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by xzxzzx
o_O
Crime.

Hate crime.
I think you nailed my point exactly. In either instance, you would find me kicking some ass and taking the side of the victim.
Old 14th August 2005, 10:21   #35
Print
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by xzxzzx
o_O

He just said it.

Crime.

Hate crime.
No.

Crime.

Crime.

10 Black guys beat up a white guy because he is white:
Hate crime.

10 White guys beat up a black guy because he is black:
Hate crime.

That's how I see it. Though for some reason, in the case of the white people beating up the black person, people's minds can (usually with help from the media) jump to something racial.

Really anytime you say a group of one race has any type of an altercation with another people assume it's over race.. which isn't always the case. Each situation is unique.. just remember that.
Old 15th August 2005, 17:07   #36
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by The Blueprint
Crime.

Crime.

Hate crime.

Hate crime.
You might think. You would hope. In reality, it is that way. That's the way the law is written. Not in our courts, though - as you mentioned, people jump to the white person attacking the black one - "it's a hate crime". The whole concept of a "hate crime" is stupid anyway - at it's core, it's a thought crime. Fucking people.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2005, 18:27   #37
Print
Forum King

Yeah I agree, though that's the idea, it doesn't often apply...
Old 15th August 2005, 20:52   #38
Omega X
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by The Blueprint
No.

Crime.

Crime.

Hate crime.

Hate crime.

That's how I see it. Though for some reason, in the case of the white people beating up the black person, people's minds can (usually with help from the media) jump to something racial.

Really anytime you say a group of one race has any type of an altercation with another people assume it's over race.. which isn't always the case. Each situation is unique.. just remember that.
I agree though it is never thought of that way.

The reality is that Racial Crimes are not uncommon today. People have just learned to conceal their real agendas. This happens every day in every city in the United States.

You hear that the courts treat people of color differently in a lot of cases because a lot of the crimes that are reported or acted upon are racially motivated. There are a TON of arrests and altercations between police and minorities. But when it goes through court and the reality surfaces, its often learned that the officers involved were racially motivated to do the things they did simply because they thought that minorities are the cause of a lot of crimes or even something more similar.

In the media's case, racially motivated crimes gets them more views than naught. Whenever you view these type of things you can't help but to think that it was a hate crime. The things like what happened in that report in England still happens here but sometimes its not reported in the same fashion in all states. I've actually seen it first hand here in Louisiana.

BUT Before anyone creates a reason to hate "Xrace" because hate crimes are not reported well in the media, YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER that the Media is just as OPINIONATED as we are. Something that might not have been racially motivated might have just been a regular crime. But The Media would put a spin on it to get a better rating.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News