Old 5th February 2019, 05:03   #1
MourningStar

Classic Spectrum Analyzer

This plugin-in is not saving any of the profiles and tweaks I assign when I close Winamp and open it the next time. It always comes up with the original just-after-first install (default?) settings. Is there a solution?

-thank you
MourningStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2019, 15:48   #2
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Yeah.. jump to WACUP, that plug-in is included on the installer and has been updated to solve this kind of issues.

Even more.. If you encounter another issue, you can contact the author of WACUP and request a fix. Cool huh? =)
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2019, 17:01   #3
MourningStar

Thank you. I installed that program. Forgive me as this is new to me. It appears this install created a modified version of Winamp called 'WACUP'? How do I recover all my stuff from my original Winamp (settings, plug-ins, bookmarks, etc.)? Is there a tutorial or post instructing how to merge or import my original Winamp stuff?

-thx
Old 5th February 2019, 17:06   #4
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Did you checked their forum? I can't remember now if there is a way to import your stuff right from Winamp.. (will need to check once I get home)
Old 5th February 2019, 17:49   #5
MourningStar

I was not aware of that forum. I went there and was unable to find anything useful by putting 'import' in the search box. I patiently await your reply,

-thank you
Old 5th February 2019, 18:00   #6
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

I've just asked on the Discord channel*, and seems like manually copying the settings folder over is the way at the moment but it comes with some issues due to hard-coded paths still

I guess you've read the warning about installing over an existing install right? (that is.. You should NOT do that)

*yeah I know, it's called "server" actually but that sounds confusing IMO.
Old 5th February 2019, 20:10   #7
CJ_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
This plugin-in is not saving any of the profiles and tweaks I assign when I close Winamp and open it the next time.
This is the main reason why I only install Winamp in it's own folder under C: now. It's Windows preventing the program from updating anything under Program Files.

The messy way around this is to go to Program Files\Winamp\Plugins and right click on the file named vis_classic.ini. Select Properties then the Security tab. You need to give "Users" Full Control of this file. Then you will need to do the same for the vis_classic folder there as well.

Or you could just re-install in C:\Winamp .
CJ_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2019, 20:12   #8
MourningStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
... I guess you've read the warning about installing over an existing install right? (that is.. You should NOT do that) ...
Yes I read the warning. Also, the installer did inform there was no previous install and created a new WACUP folder. I guess, for now, I am better off staying with my OEM Winamp. I've been with Winamp for close to 2 decades and I have it fine-tuned to my needs and I especially rely on the super old but still robust Enhancer. This ancient sound-shaper is, for me, far-superior to everything in this class that I have tried over the years. So, I can live with the inconvenience of always resetting the analyzer for now.

-thank you
Old 5th February 2019, 20:24   #9
MourningStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Man View Post
The messy way around this is to go to Program Files\Winamp\Plugins and right click on the file named vis_classic.ini. Select Properties then the Security tab. You need to give "Users" Full Control of this file. Then you will need to do the same for the vis_classic folder there as well.
I'm ok with messy as long as it resolves the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Man View Post
Or you could just re-install in C:\Winamp .
I can do this as long as it preserves all my customizations. Yes?
Old 5th February 2019, 22:03   #10
MourningStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
I'm ok with messy as long as it resolves the OP.
- YES!!!! -

tytytytytytyty
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support