Old 7th October 2003, 03:49   #1
HeuristicsInc

Shoutcast freezes

Ok, I haven't found any info on this sort of problem looking around yet.

I've installed Winamp 2.91 and Shoutcast 1.8.2b. If I open winamp with the shoutcast on, after a short time (30 seconds?) Winamp freezes. If I try to kill it using the "End Program" dialog, it can't kill it, Winamp just sits around. If I then try to reboot/shut down/whatever, I can't do that either and I'm left with unplugging the darn thing.

I'm using an IBM ThinkPad A31 with Windows XP. I assume XP is supported, although it's not listed in the supported OS's. If it's not supported, I guess I'm screwed.

Do you need more infomartion? Have any ideas? I was planning to do a live stream tomorrow, but if I can't get shoutcast plugin to work I'm pretty much dead in the water.

Thanks!
-bill
HeuristicsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2003, 03:51   #2
HeuristicsInc

Oops, I should also mention my soundcard is a Digigram XPPocket 440. I wonder if that's the problem. I will now try removing it and see if Shoutcast works through the default audio...
-bill
Old 7th October 2003, 04:22   #3
HeuristicsInc

Ok, looks like streaming works when I disconnect the VXPocket and use the default audio. Any ideas how I can make this work with my "real" soundcard? But it seems to be working... reasonably well... as it is.
-bill
Old 7th October 2003, 06:09   #4
fraterlvx

WinXP and most soundcards are supported.

Not familiar with your soundcard, can't seem to find any info on the net about it as well, but it sounds like you might want to check if there are memory leak issues somewhere within the notebook or the soundcard drivers. Your provider's support site (if they have any) might be more useful in this instance.

are you able to activate the winamp player on it's own and play an mp3 without the DSP?

Do you at least have WinXP service Pack 1 installed?

do you have the latest DirectX runtime for your WinXP installed? You might also want to check if they are compatibility issues between your card's drivers and DirectX.

Edit: added a couple of questions + typo.

Last edited by fraterlvx; 7th October 2003 at 06:29.
fraterlvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2003, 19:23   #5
HeuristicsInc

The Digigram is a musician's soundcard. It's got special ins and outs for multiple streams of audio. You could see information on it at:
digigram site
I checked on there but didn't see any incompatibility listed.

I'll have to check on the other questions when I get home. I may just use the onboard audio for this concert instead of "rocking the boat" tonight
Thanks!
-bill
Old 8th October 2003, 01:14   #6
fraterlvx

Quote:
Originally posted by HeuristicsInc
The Digigram is a musician's soundcard. It's got special ins and outs for multiple streams of audio.
Pretty pricey for a PCMCIA audio card. Is it the only portable solution around?
fraterlvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support