Old 29th March 2004, 23:53   #1
kierski

Error: Cannot find VCapture: IAMStreamConfig

When I run nsvcap.exe, I get an error: 80004002 Cannot find VCapture: IAMStreamConfig. I have searched Microsoft's web for this error and have not found anything. I also searched nullsoft's web and haven't found anything.

I'm using a WinTV-PVR card, I'm running Windows XP-SP1 with the latest updates including DirectX 9.0b.

I'm able to capture video using the WinTV2K application. I'm also able to capture video using nsvenc.exe using the command line option "vfw:0" as the input.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Moved from WA-TS to NSV forum
kierski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 20:25   #2
kierski

Because this seemed like a useful thing to do, I downloaded and installed splitcam (from http://splitcamera.com). This added a new capture device to the list of capture devices available for nsvcap. And since I'd never selected a capture device before... and because the splitcam device appears first in the list of devices, nsvcap selected the splitcam for me. But as it turns out, the splitcam device doesn't appear to work with my WinTV-PVR card. BUT... I was able to select the WinTV Capture device that appears last in the list (there are two). This worked -- I was able to capture live video. When I attempt to switch to the other WinTV device in the list, I get the above error. Fortunately, I'd saved my settings before selecting the other device, and that setting didn't stick. After removing the splitcam software, nsvcap continues to work using the second WinTV device.

So... if you have a WinTV-PVR (pci) card, you'll need to download the splitcamera software. This will allow you to bypass the setup for the WinTV-PVR device, and allow you to select the WinTV-Capture device.
kierski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2004, 23:45   #3
skezza

I am running a VisionPlus VisionDTV, and I get the same problem. I will see whether splitter camera works
skezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast TV / Nullsoft Video