Old 8th April 2005, 22:42   #1
jmeye47

My shoutcast keeps disconnecting...

Hey guys, Okay, here's my situation. I have bene DJing couple times, extremely smoothly, everything went perfectly. Now, all of a sudden, my Shoutcast disconnects roughly every minute, but reconnects. It isnt the server, because the other DJ's have no problems. Can anyone help me out here? If you need more info just post or contact me on AIM at Sooner BB Later
jmeye47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2005, 23:09   #2
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

if you want help, you should simply post more info because what you wrote isn't enough to point you to anything that might help you!

we do not believe in helping out by messenger or simular, posting this into the forum might benefit others with the same problem.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.
FORUMRULES
WINAMP
SHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2005, 23:19   #3
jmeye47

Alright, i appoligize. As you see, i'm new here

Anyway, okay, all that happens is, I'm DJing, and shoutcast disconnects. I don't get any error messages or anything, just like, it goes off automatically. Then everyone listening gets disconnected and they have to manually reconnect. So, i have it on 1 second reconnect, but that dont matter, everyone still gets kicked.

I have tried every broadcast size, from mono 30KBPS to stereo 48KBPS (which worked fine before). I reinstalled winamp and shoutcast, everything. All my settings are correct, and i just don't know what else to try! My IP is 24.152.244.83 and the host's is http://207.44.170.34:8238 (even though that shouldnt play a part... considering the other DJ's can connect fine...)

So, any questions on this? I don't really know what to say, other than it's really weird... I didn't screw around with any internet settings or nothing like that...
Old 11th April 2005, 01:06   #4
jmeye47

Nobody?
Old 11th April 2005, 01:51   #5
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

OK -- my best for this is a guess...

What do you get on this speedtest -- http://nyc.speakeasy.net/

you can report the numbers [DOWN/UP] or just post the URL of the result page -- either will work for me.

I suspect a network issue...
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2005, 17:01   #6
Turnster

Send a message via AIM to Turnster
who is your isp?
same thing started happning to me wen i upgraded my ntl package...........my upload has gone tits up :-(
Turnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2005, 17:03   #7
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

*** I'm not gonna say anything, but you've just used the word of the day ***
Old 11th April 2005, 18:48   #8
Turnster

Send a message via AIM to Turnster
word of the day

lmao ....what do i win, what do i win ...hehe
Turnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2005, 23:48   #9
jmeye47

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtests...net/1113259624

As i said earlier though, it worked for me before. It spontaneously stopped working.
Old 12th April 2005, 00:21   #10
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

All of a sudden.... stopped working.... If you are expecting someone else to have had the same problem caused by the same thing -- it's not likely -- all we can do is "suggest" potential reasons and how you can determine what may be the cause.

For example -- you ran the speedtest as a baseline -- you want to run the test several times in a row at about the same time while your problem is occurring -- while the DNAS, DSP and WinAMP are running -- You're looking for consistency and not any zero results ever -- this would just about rule out network congestion.

Then you look to your PC.... open TaskManager -- look for 100% CPU utilization while the source is dropping -- sort the process list by CPU [click on the column title, each click reverses it ascending/descending] -- you want to find out what process is hogging the utilization, if any. SoundCard input loads the CPU more than an MP3 playlist, so switch between them to see if that helps.

Lastly, check your PC for spyware or a virus -- the still open task manager can help you there -- if you see a process like 23123dss.exe taking up all of your CPU, you've been hit. I mention spyware because it will hog your PC and internet connection, and most is not found by antivirus software because the apps are legit [just poorly written] -- WildTangent is a common hog, as can the real player helper app realsched.exe. Of couse there are thousands...
Old 14th January 2010, 01:31   #11
chillin101

Same Problem

I am actually having the same problem. My shoutcast DSP is connecting just fine and it plays for about 40 seconds then it disconnects me and reconnects. It just keeps doing this over and over. As far as I have checked everything is installed right and the settings are right as well. The only problem I am seeing is on the DSP start up it does say NSCRT.dll is missing reinstalling should fix it. I've reinstalled both winamp and shoutcast dsp 3 times and it still does it though so I ignored it. Only problem I do notice while installing winamp is CD Burner/Ripper didn't install properly and then it skips that part. That should be about all the problems that maybe causing it but I can't figure it out so any help would be great.
chillin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 01:40   #12
jaromanda
Forum King

Re: Same Problem

Quote:
Originally posted by chillin101
I am actually having the same problem. My shoutcast DSP is connecting just fine and it plays for about 40 seconds then it disconnects me and reconnects. It just keeps doing this over and over.
Bandwidth issue?
Quote:
I've reinstalled both winamp and shoutcast dsp 3 times and it still does it
Winamp Full version, not Lite?
Quote:
Only problem I do notice while installing winamp is CD Burner/Ripper didn't install
That's a blessing ... Winamps CD Burner screws the pooch on my PC, making my DVD writer totally impossible to use

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 21:06   #13
heavyshepppard

I have the same problem. Does it possibly come from a UMTS USB stick software?
heavyshepppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 21:20   #14
chillin101

Solution

I fixed the problem of disconnecting reconnecting. My problem was I was using the ACC encoder in the SHOUTcast DSP I switched it to MP3 encoder and it works fine now. Although now after playing a couple songs Winamp is freezing up and crashing.....
chillin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2018, 15:31   #15
Tormy

I have that problem even with MP3 ... and it's quite annoying.
I have to deploy that server, after I have tested, but till now, working in this way, it's not acceptable
Tormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support