Old 20th June 2002, 09:04   #1
ultimaIX

Send a message via ICQ to ultimaIX Send a message via AIM to ultimaIX Send a message via Yahoo to ultimaIX
Poor Exploiting of Rating System! [Component ID: 96381]

I recently d/l'd Jukebox for Winamp. After d/ling it, i went to the website for "registration", which is nothing more than a page that says "go to the winamp.com review page, say something great about this program, and then you can use it". This is one of the biggest jokes i've ever seen. I fully support shareware, but I would NEVER consider paying money for (or even USING) a software program that requires me to give a false opinion just to use it. The way i see it, the author is trying to get enough 5 star votes on it, so that he can start charging people for the registration code. People will see the large amount of 5 star votes, and figure it's worth the 20 bucks. Totally Lame.
I'm asking the people at Nullsoft to either remove the plugin or contact the author and force him to change his policies regarding registration. The registration site's URL is:
http://www.mp3wirelessjukebox.com/wa1/registration.html

Thanks for your time!
ultimaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2002, 09:08   #2
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Wrong forum buddy.

Moved from :Rip Reporting Forum
Moved to : Bitchlist.
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2002, 16:06   #3
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Hmm...You woulnt happen to be the person that wrote this would you??
Quote:
Alan Groeper is the Developer of Jukebox. I have tried. I have been honest with him. Nevermind. Simply Nevermind. He really, as a DEVELOPER would make a user wait 30 Days because of a Bad Review? He states that Bad Reviews hurt him, and his Company, though at his site he states that his "Company" consists of just himself.Alan. If I wanted your Software THAT Badly, I would simply go to one of the MANY "Crack" sites out there and get it! If this review hurts your "Huge Company" or your "Lawyers" because I would NOT give a Positive Review without the XP Fix, then BRING IT ON. Now EVERYONE OUT THERE CAN SIMPLY FIND THE "CRACK" FOR YOUR SOFTWARE, THEN GIVE A REAL OPINION OF IT. And Alan, I was the one who tried to make nice. Remember that. Now for the Disclaimer - I do NOT Recommend using a "Crack" on anyones Software. Though Cracks are EASY to find and install simply by searching for them. If anyone doesn't like being "Forced" to give a Positive Review, it is simply a way out. I, for one, no longer think this Software is worth my Time. The Developer is simply a Control Freak. Alan, you say you are a "One Man Company"? I knew that before I ever read your profile. Now go find a Lawyer to sue me for writing an Honest review in an open forum. Ok? Good. I look forward to it. NEVERMIND about the "NON EXISTANT XP FIX" If it existed, you would have sent it, like a REAL Developer. Oh, the Crack sites are endless...just search for a Crack site, then search for JUKEBOX FOR WINAMP. Now Alan is going to have his little hands full suing the WHOLE WORLD. All because he needed to lie about a "Fix" for Windows XP. Which, by the way, NOBODY has written ONE WORD ABOUT! (I am sure that now Alan, I mean SOMEONE WILL)Alan, if this angers you, just think about how a user feels being told by a Developer that he can't have a fix for FREE Software because he wrote a Bad REVIEW! Even GOOD Actors get Bad Reviews sometimes. They simply don't WHINE about it. What kind of developer threatens his users? I DON'T WANT YOUR SOFTWARE ANYMORE. I DON'T RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE. EVERYONE WATCH HOW THIS MAN RESPONDS WITH THREATS NOW! VERY PROFESSIONAL! Forcing good reviews for a Reg Code for a Free Program? Telling people to review good or NO SUPPORT? You are a DISGRACE to ALL Developers! When everyone realizes what a Scammer you are, they will be back to re-review you. I can't wait. (Your own fake reviews not included of course)AND JUST ABOUT EVERY HACK & CRACK SITE HAS THE CRACK FOR YOUR GARBAGE, SO START SUING THE WORLD YOU BLITHERING MORON! AND PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM STILL HERE YOU IDIOT! BECAUSE I SPEAK THE TRUTH! YOU ACTUALLY FORCE PEOPLE TO GIVE GOOD REVIEWS! YOU MUST BE PROUD OF THOSE 4 AND A HALF STARS! AREN'T YOU? YOU ARE ONE SAD CHILD. (A MAN WOULD POST HIS SOFTWARE FOR WINAMP, WHICH IS ALSO FREE, AND LET PEOPLE HONESTLY REVIEW IT) I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THESE PEOPLE REALIZE THEY CAN COME BACK AND CHANGE THEIR REVIEWS! ALL YOU KNOW HOW TO DO IS THREATEN! SOME PRO! WELL? ARE YOU GONNA BARK LITTLE DOGGY? OR ARE YA GONNA BITE! I AM STILL HERE. WHEN WINAMP REALIZES BY TESTING HOW YOU DO BUSINESS, YOU WON'T BE. FOR LONG! WINAMP RULES! YOU ARE SIMPLY SAD, OR MORE SIMPLY, YOU, AND YOUR SOFTWARE SUCK! THERE. IN AN OPEN REVIEW FORUM. I CAN SAY WHAT I WANT. ALONG WITH ALL OF THE OTHER REAL REVIEWS! SUE EVERYONE YOU SAD, SAD, LITTLE BOY! EVERYBODY READING THIS! READ ALL THE REVIEWS, NOT JUST THE ONES THE DEVELOPER FAKES! OVER 200,000 DOWNLOADS, AND ONLY 700 REVIEWS? HE IS SUCH A LOSER! Oh, and RON COOPER, I mean Alan, Nice Try. Anyone that finds me mean should understand that the Developer has said much more, and worse to me. I am an Invalid, he knows this, he prank calls me, emails virus' to me, etc. Because his Software Crashed Windows XP after a few uses. NOT PROFESSIONAL!
Now im not accusing you of anything here...Im just curious as to why youre so worried about this. It seems to me like its a pretty good deal. If you like the program you can have it for free by giving a review, if you dont like the program you can delete it. On top of that, it seems completely voulentary to write a review whether you use the registration code or not. He's not forcing anyone to do anyting. The registration code is printed on the site, not sent via email after confirmation of writing a good review.
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2002, 23:51   #4
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Quote:
Originally posted by Atmo The Freak
It seems to me like its a pretty good deal. If you like the program you can have it for free by giving a review, if you dont like the program you can delete it. On top of that, it seems completely voulentary to write a review whether you use the registration code or not. He's not forcing anyone to do anyting. The registration code is printed on the site, not sent via email after confirmation of writing a good review.
This is not quite that way, the registration code printed on the website has an expiry date/time. You can get a permanent code by writing a good review, ie. 5 stars like suggested on the site. The only difference between this abuse of the review system and getting multiple usernames so you can write your own reviews is the work involved uprating your own. There is none as you have others take care of it.

As it is, after consulting with Winamp admin., the author has been advised he has 2 days to rectify the situation, or this plug-in will be deleted from the database. The e-mail was sent yesterday, so by sunday night this could all be history.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2002, 04:14   #5
Nofx Guy
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Nofx Guy
well what does it matter..if you like the program and want to register it then isnt giving it a good rating alright? you wouldnt be lying because you do like the program... and if you dont like it, why bother having to lie about liking it to get the registeration code if you dont like it,...

i dont see anything wrong with this...

www.audioflo.ath.cx
All music, All the Time
Nofx Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2002, 11:11   #6
c2R
Stereotype?
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Nofx Guy
well what does it matter..if you like the program and want to register it then isnt giving it a good rating alright? you wouldnt be lying because you do like the program... and if you dont like it, why bother having to lie about liking it to get the registeration code if you dont like it,...

i dont see anything wrong with this...
The difference is, you might like a program, even enough to pay for it.. but not necessarily think it worth five stars.

I personally don't agree with withholding the registration code unless you give the program a good rateing.

After all, if it is a good program and worth the money, people will give it a good rateing anyway, won't they?
c2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist