Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Old 21st August 2014, 22:34   #1
djjeshk

Shoutcast Transcoder changes radio station name when processing mp3 file

I set up three shoutcast transcoders, each is processing same playlist( >200GB of mp3 media). I had to change tmp and temp environment variable to let live alone (transcoder attempts to open %TEMP%\sc_trans.log) How? There is my cmd file for it.

code:
set TMP=C:\Program Files\SHOUTcast Transcoder 3\tmp
set TEMP=C:\Program Files\SHOUTcast Transcoder 3\tmp
sc_trans.exe sc_trans.conf

I had to change process priority to AboveNormal to prevent disrupting servers when some listens radio. Tested with 100% CPU load.
Checked shoutcast server next day and saw that radio station name has changed. What? Someone hacked me? nononoo... performed a search into all mp3 files and found some files that contains new radio station name. mp3 file hacked transcoder! HAH..
Downloaded lastest mp3tag and it shows up NETRADIOSTATION and NETRADIOOWNER tags are set to that string.

Following link contains mp3 file that does that work.
<link removed>
Message to administators! Remove this link when shoutcast programmers knows whats going up here.

Sorry for not so good English.
djjeshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 22:39   #2
DrO

sc_trans is no longer supported so there's nothing that can be done if there is an actual issue with it.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 23:07   #3
djjeshk

Which alternative is supported? Winamp + Shoutcast plugin eats much more CPU and next song does not appears.
Old 21st August 2014, 23:14   #4
DrO

the Source DSP can provide the next song as long as you're using a current version of the plug-in and also a current version of Winamp and that you're running it in v2 mode (as the Source DSP is the only thing that fully implements v2 SHOUTcast protocol to my knowledge).

as for it using more CPU than sc_trans, based on what i've seen i'd have to disagree with that but then i've no idea what you Winamp setup is like.

and finally with the case of alternatives (where support is down to the author and nothing to do with us), liquidsoap is a common one (it's just a pain to setup - more so than sc_trans was like) or any of the other free and paid solutions which are out there.
Old 22nd August 2014, 02:02   #5
djjeshk

three transcoders use almost nothing cpu power (1-2%), but three winamps with plugin much more (25%).

sc_trans sends TRSN (radiostation name) as xml data when media provides that information. It might be good idea to let SHOUTcast server manage these names. Actually this is server issue, any software generated source may contain metadata like this and server will happily output this.

See xml metadata example (sc_trans let see this)

code:

2014-08-22 03:53:26 I msg:[UVOX2] 26661 Sending metadata 3902 [{some nomber} bytes] content=
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<metadata>
<COMM language="eng">Muzika mp3 Formate
----------------------------------
http://COMM3.sytes.net</COMM>
<TALB>__ALBUM__</TALB>
<TCON>Pop</TCON>
<TDRC><year>2007</year></TDRC>
<TENC>TRANSCast DNAS/win32 v2.0.0.51</TENC>
<TEXT>http://TEXT3.sytes.net</TEXT>
<TIT2>__TITLE__</TIT2>
<TPE1>__ARTIST__</TPE1>
<TPE2>__ARTIST__</TPE2>
<TRCK>2</TRCK>
<TRSN>http://TRSN3.sytes.net</TRSN>
<TRSO>http://TRSO3.sytes.net</TRSO>
<TYER>2007</TYER>
<WXXX>http://WXXX3.sytes.net</WXXX>
<extension>
<title seq="1">__ARTIST__ - __TITLE__</title>
<title seq="2">__ARTIST__ - __TITLE__</title>
<title seq="3">__ARTIST__ - __TITLE__</title>
<title seq="4">__ARTIST__ - __TITLE__</title>
<soon>__ARTIST__ - __TITLE__</soon>
</extension>
</metadata>

Old 22nd August 2014, 02:16   #6
DrO

usage of the TRSN value in the metadata is by specification of how things work with the v2.x DNAS when handling a v2 protocol connection. as that is how private or public streams which have not obtained a valid YP response with the returned authhash information can still have a name to show for the station for any clients connecting to it.

so the DNAS is working exactly as it should do against our v2 protocol specification (which will also pass on that metadata as-is to any clients which support the v2 protocol) and how the DNAS has been coded in general (as covered in the previous paragraph).

if sc_trans is overriding what was set in it's configuration then that's most likely a sc_trans issue, but as i've already said, sc_trans is no longer supported or developed so there is nothing which can be done if you must keep using it (other than removing any tag fields from the files being used for the stream which are causing issues).
Old 24th August 2014, 22:53   #7
p0rt

it should be supported, because its needed, for when all western government take down FM and DAB spectrum off of its masts to make way for 5 and 6 g phones

add html5 webcam stream, so you can set a webcam up on a sid and sell for $20 + mp3 encoding

shoutcast is the standard stream on all devices and desktop players, make a app and have it on shop phones

transcoder need mp3 idv2 tags to be iso-8859-1 which you can bulk convert in mp3tag after you set the tag format in the main options, just keep all existing tags on the left options and click save
p0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2014, 07:17   #8
MusicLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
sc_trans is no longer supported so there's nothing that can be done if there is an actual issue with it.
if the Transcoder is no longer supported what use is the ShoutCast server?

the DSP plugin connects to the Transcoder.

I'm confused what Winamp and ShoutCast have in common if they don't support the component that connects the two?
MusicLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2014, 08:42   #9
DrO

the Source DSP can connect directly to the DNAS if configured to do so, just like any other piece of source software can do e.g BUTT or liquidsoap or any of the other multitude of source software that exists in the wild.

sc_trans was just another variety of source software which happened to allow other source software to connect to it and act as a middle man to be able to act as an autodj and DJ manager (for when live or relay sources were connected to it).

as such sc_trans was never a requirement to broadcast, it was just a recommendation since (other than its bugs as a beta product) it could make fuller use of the newer v2 DNAS features and was a cheap entry point as an autodj solution.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Tags
mp3, netradioowner, netradiostation, shoutcast, transcoder