Old 26th August 2018, 23:33   #1
vikasaldana

Any good EQ for HD650's?

Just can't seem to get the EQ right, either too much treble or just doesn't sound right.

I want an EQ that will bring out detail in music while preserving bass and treble and not sounding terrible.

I listen to all sorts of music so its annoying, Help.
vikasaldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2018, 18:32   #2
vikasaldana

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasaldana View Post
Just can't seem to get the EQ right, either too much treble or just doesn't sound right.

I want an EQ that will bring out detail in music while preserving bass and treble and not sounding terrible.UC browser SHAREit MX player

I listen to all sorts of music so its annoying, Help.
any update guys been like 2 days?
vikasaldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2018, 19:44   #3
Aminifu
Forum King

I suggest you don't use the EQ and DSP plug-in that comes with Winamp and use the Winamp/DSP plug-in version of "Stereo Tool" instead (https://www.stereotool.com/download/). This plug-in contains many free features that will let you adjust the way your music sounds. It comes with various presets you can use to get you started. After you become familiar with what this plug-in can do, you can try making your own adjustments.

The Stereo Tool website contains documentation and FAQ sections and a very active user forum. Look for links at the top or bottom of the download page.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2018, 21:21   #4
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Generally, detail means mids*. Especially since HD650s have them a bit scooped, which does sound pleasant and powerful, but not particularly detailed. The high end isn't too strong in general as it is, so I'd start by taking the upper bass (125 or 170hz depending on whether you're using the ISO or "Winamp" bands (can be switched in preferences) down a bit and see if it helps. If that's not enough try increasing the 1k band, and maybe the adjacent ones too, but make sure to reduce the preamp accordingly to avoid clipping. Of course the winamp eq isn't fine enough for surgical work, but high quality phones shouldn't need it.

*Or overtones in general. Perceived lack of detail can also be caused by narrow dips in the frequency response, or distortion, but neither of those should be a problem here.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2018, 16:08   #5
Tommyanks

I utilize redline equalizer to help the lower range at 100hz by 6 db with a high Q that broadens well into 20khz with an increase in around 2 db. I additionally utilize redline preamp to reproduce a tube amp and utilize some extremely forceful settings that give a considerable measure of pleasent twists (incredible for AC/DC). Lastly I utilize redline screen to give it a touch of crossfeed feel. Hardwarewise I utilize odac+o2. I can turn it up to 11 with the O2 and achieve some high stable weight levels while it doesnt sound brutal by any stretch of the imagination.
Tommyanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 14:31   #6
gaekwad2
Foorum King

You mean low q. High q would be a narrow boost like the ever popular 9khz spike (popular among mastering engineers and headphone manufacturers alike as it does make things sound more "clear and detailed" without sounding bright, at least initially because some things will still sound muddy whereas others become overly sharp, but it's an easy trick, so...).

But boosting the bass generally won't improve the impression of detail and clarity, rather the opposite.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion