Old 25th June 2010, 23:42   #1
Zye84

Visualizations: too many arithmetic instruction slots?

I get that odd message with certain visualizations. it says it's trying to do 65 (usually, sometimes 69) and max allowed by the target (ps_2_0) is 64. these visualizations are what came with winamp, and i have a nice laptop and can handle quite a lot. This isn't a very important problem, but kind of annoying.

also.......any chance of getting a better server for this site? it takes a minute or more to get to _text filled_ pages most of the time. (maybe this is just for what time i got on here, but i swear i've ran into that before)
Zye84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 05:42   #2
Zye84

..bump?
Old 2nd July 2010, 13:27   #3
JonnyMac

Make sure you have the latest update for your video card driver. .If that does not resolve the issue, please provide Winamp & system specs. What is your DirectX version? (Start button > Run icon > type dxdiag press Enter)

Does this happen with AVS or MilkDrop? Does it happen with specific AVS or MD presets?

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 13:08   #4
Zye84

i updated my vid driver, it seemed to have helped, but i eventually found another that didn't work and said the same error. I'm not sure, but i think they are milkdrop..it only happens on specific ones, but i'm not sure of which ones. i found one again and the name of it is "Flexi+fiShb RaiN-operation fatcap1." my Direct X version is 11. I can find more if that's needed.
Old 5th July 2010, 20:17   #5
JonnyMac

I don't seem to have that preset. Anyways, while MilkDrop is idle...
1. Winamp > Ctrl+P (for preferences)
2. Plug-ins > Visualizations > Milkdrop
3. click the Configure button
4. More Settings tab
5. in the Pixel Shaders drop-down menu make sure 'Auto (recommended)' is selected or try 'Disabled'
6. close out of prefs

No luck? Please provide additional Winamp & system specs.
Old 5th July 2010, 21:13   #6
Zye84

*eye twitch* is there a way to look at what presets you have? hitting the nxt button or whatever to find a certain one or two is extremely annoying, and for some reason the set of presets that are shown change daily for some reason. (most are different presets that pop up today than the other day) and i hit the "random preset" button "on and off" and there doesn't seem to be a difference in how the presets are chosen. Anyways, i did what you said, had to put that option as "disabled" since it was already "auto."

I'm sending the winamp version and specs or whatnot tha you've asked for in the last two messages too in attachments, not sure if it's all there, or if i'm getting the right info. Things not in said atachments:

Sound card: NVIDA High Definition Audio? and Realteck High Definition Audio?
Video card: NVIDA GeForce 9300M GS
Direct X 11
Winamp V5.572 (x86)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	comp specs.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	47217  
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list.txt (8.8 KB, 332 views)
Old 5th July 2010, 21:37   #7
JonnyMac

Pressing the L key while MD is in focus will show list of presets and allow you to "manually" load specific presets.
Pressing the F4 key while MD is in focus will display the name of the current preset.

MD does not remember the last used preset. I think that is expected behavior.

Moving this to the MD Trouble Shooting forum. Hopefully one of the gurus there will have an idea of what is going on.
Old 5th July 2010, 23:49   #8
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

A few more notes about the behavior.

1. If the 'random' button in vis window is enabled, MilkDrop will change the preset all 10 seconds (what preset will come next depends on the choosen option under 2.)

2. If you push the 'R' key on your keyboard while the vis window is focused, you can choose between 'Sequential' and 'Random' preset choosing.

Sequential - will go through the list from top to bottom,

Random - will choose a random preset from the list, which will be used next.

These 2 option affect the main 'Random' button feature (1.) and if you manually switch to the next preset using the space key.

3. You always can lock the current preset. Pressing the 'Scroll lock' key on your keyboard, while the vis window is focused will lock the current preset, so that it won't be changed.

I hope I haven't confused you more, hehe.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 05:01   #9
Nitorami
Major Dude

A note from Benski on that problem:

MD2.2 is using a newer version of the D3DX libraries, which includes a newer compiler. I had to turn on compatibility mode or a lot of the presets would break. I'd imagine that the compiler is doing slightly different things that results in a different number of instructions. Probably has to do with the optimizer

The only solution is probably to update the specific presets.
Press M during runtime to bring up the preset edit menu.
Select "update shader version"
Confirm with Y
Leave the menu using esc
Press S to save and confirm with Y

Alternatively, you may use a text editor and change the beginning of the preset's code as follows
MILKDROP_PRESET_VERSION=201
PSVERSION=3
PSVERSION_WARP=3
PSVERSION_COMP=3

Best luck

Martin
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 14:51   #10
ShadowHarlequin

what nitorami said

i find PS 2.X usually gives me enough instructions (without slowing down massivly)

"human is the music, natural is the static..." - john updike
[Set Zero] [themilkFACTORY]
ShadowHarlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 02:17   #11
Zye84

well, erm, i'll see if i can do those things when i run into any presets that do this again..
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Troubleshooting Forum

Tags
arithmetic, visualization