Old 27th June 2017, 23:32   #1
webthing
Forum King

Make your own free money in 3 easy steps. "Ethereum"

This is not SPAM.
This is a discussion about crypto-currency

LOL

Disclaimer:
No I don't use Bitcoin or Advocate the use of any kind of crypto-currency. - webthing

Do you already have ideas that you want to develop on Ethereum? Maybe you need help and some funds to bring them to life, but who would lend money to someone they don’t trust?

Using Ethereum, you can create a contract that will hold a contributor's money until any given date or goal is reached. Depending on the outcome, the funds will either be released to the project owners or safely returned back to the contributors. All of this is possible without requiring a centralized arbitrator, clearing house or having to trust anyone.

You can even use the token you created earlier to keep track of the distribution of rewards.

https://www.ethereum.org/token

I don't know what Ethereum is?

Oh, I guess it's some kind of crowdsourcing idea.

"What is Ether"

Ether is a necessary element -- a fuel -- for operating the distributed application platform Ethereum. It is a form of payment made by the clients of the platform to the machines executing the requested operations. To put it another way, ether is the incentive ensuring that developers write quality applications (wasteful code costs more), and that the network remains healthy (people are compensated for their contributed resources).

If you just want to test the technology, you probably don't need real ether. Download the latest Wallet app and switch to the Test Network.

How are ethers created?

The total supply of ether and its rate of issuance was decided by the donations gathered on the 2014 presale. The results were roughly:

60 million ether created to contributors of the presale
12 Million (20% of the above) were created to the development fund, most of it going to early contributors and developers and the remaining to the Ethereum Foundation
5 ethers are created every block (roughly 15-17 seconds) to the miner of the block
2-3 ethers are sometimes sent to another miner if they were also able to find a solution but his block wasn't included (called uncle/aunt reward)

Is the ether supply infinite?

No. According to the terms agreed by all parties on the 2014 presale, issuance of ether is capped at 18 million ether per year (this number equals 25% of the initial supply). This means that while the absolute issuance is fixed, the relative inflation is decreased every year. In theory if this issuance was kept indefinitely then at some point the rate of new tokens created every year would reach the average amount lost yearly (by misuse, accidental key lost, death of holders etc) and there would reach an equilibrium.

But the rate is not expected to be kept: sometime in 2017 Ethereum will be switched from Proof of Work to a new consensus algorithm under development, called Casper that is expected to be more efficient and require less mining subsidy. The exact method of issuance and which function it will serve is an area of active research, but what can be guaranteed now is that the current maximum is considered a ceiling and

the new issuance under casper will not exceed it (and is expected to be much less) and whatever method is ultimately picked to issue, it will be a decentralized smart contract that will not give preferential treatment to any particular group of people and whose purpose is to benefit the overall health and security of the network.

Who needs ether?

Developers who intend to build apps that will use the ethereum blockchain. Users who want to access and interact with smart contracts on the ethereum blockchain.

https://www.ethereum.org/ether

Why do we need another CRYPTO-CURRENCY?

There are current dozens of them. Check that!

There were more than 900 cryptocurrencies available over the internet as of 25 June 2017 and growing. New cryptocurrency can be created any time. But only a few ones such as Bitcoin, Ethereum etc.are highly notable currently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cryptocurrencies

Sorry if you bought into one of these pyramid schemes.
webthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 05:23   #2
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

I bought one unit of ETH at ~$65 in May. It hit $500 early in June and it's back around $430 at the moment.

I've also bought very small $ amounts of dogecoin, digibyte, btc, minexcoin and another one or two that I've forgotten the names of.

Total investment is about $750; current value is about $1,000.

*shrug*

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 06:09   #3
megomego125

good bro
megomego125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2017, 07:20   #4
Loui$

But how much I know bitcoin best crypto currency. I'm wrong? Bitcoin is common in many countries, see - https://bitcoinbestbuy.com/countries/. This can not be said of Ethereum.
Loui$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:51   #5
NJK
Forum Frisian

What you can't touch is not real and the bubble can burst anytime today or tomorrow or perhaps never.

Darkwave radio 24/7 --
-----------------------------------
Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.
NJK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:30   #6
gaekwad2
Foorum King

They always burst.

(But even if you can touch something, it's market value can still be highly speculative. *cough* gold *cough*)
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:03   #7
NJK
Forum Frisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaekwad2 View Post
They always burst.

(But even if you can touch something, it's market value can still be highly speculative. *cough* gold *cough*)

Even with that in mind, i wil always prefer a bit of gold in my hand over some virtual things on the net

Darkwave radio 24/7 --
-----------------------------------
Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.
NJK is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions