Old 28th November 2011, 21:14   #81
NJK
Frisian Spamfighting Mod

And it doesn't end with the last therapy session.

From that point you need to recover.

My sister was under the impression that she should take at least a year to recover from the start of her first session.
Her doc told her it was at least a year from the last session.
So take your time to recover , don't rush into things because the therapy wears you down.

( my sister had her last therapy session some time ago and is in the middle of the recovering process - she's doing fine at the moment)

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 10:51   #82
capitan3
Major Dude

Wow can't believe last time i was here was 17th November 2008 and still get to see people from that time ago still active. Well good to be back, tho browsing the forums seems things have changed a bit.

Capitan3
capitan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 13:25   #83
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

what do you think changed the most?

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 17:28   #84
sgtfuzzbubble011

Had my last chemo session at the end of November, had my second PET scan at the end of December (results were clean), and had my port catheter removed yesterday. My chest is a little sore where the stitches are, but I'm glad it's out. The doc even let me keep it.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 17:58   #85
rockouthippie
Banned

Glad things are better. Hope you can keep the troubles down to a dull roar while you get back on your feet. I'm sure the doctors want everything you will ever make.

Been there.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 18:42   #86
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

great news.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Old 27th January 2012, 19:45   #87
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

I haz a happy. Glad to see you are getting better, *whew*
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 20:25   #88
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Thank you for the update, and please update more often. So what now?

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 00:08   #89
webthing
Forum King

Good news!
webthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 02:21   #90
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
Awesome news! Hopefully it stays that way.

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2012, 09:24   #91
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

YAY! You're on the right road! I guess the hard part is coming up, being patient with your recovery
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2012, 14:34   #92
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Send a message via Yahoo to pixiefied
Where the hell is sarge?

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
pixiefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2012, 18:30   #93
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Well, he's not here.....
Old 9th February 2012, 19:02   #94
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Der duh....

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
Old 9th February 2012, 20:19   #95
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Ahhhhhh I've missed ya'!
Old 10th February 2012, 00:59   #96
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Well I'll let you know if I get over to ny!

- Mr.Jones
Old 10th February 2012, 10:08   #97
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Come in the Spring.....W'll go to Louie's...great seafood great view...great bar..(hic)
Old 15th May 2012, 06:31   #98
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

Sarge, you haven't updated us in awhile. Please tell me the cancer didn't come back. I miss ya, buddy.

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2012, 21:17   #99
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psythik View Post
Sarge, you haven't updated us in awhile. Please tell me the cancer didn't come back. I miss ya, buddy.
Seconded. I didn't realize until now how long it has been since you last posted. The forums aren't the same without you here.

Old 20th September 2012, 20:30   #100
sgtfuzzbubble011

I apologize for not coming to the forums more often. I'll give everyone the Reader's Digest version of what's happened in the past 9 months:

My girlfriend's mom passed away finally in early May. She'd been fighting several types of cancer, and we knew it was inevitable. She actually fought it longer than anyone expected. The doctors thought she would have passed away several years ago. Needless to say, Lisa (my girlfriend) has been an emotional trainwreck. I've tried to be the best boyfriend that I can, but there's nothing anyone can do bring back a family member.

Since then, we've moved out of that old house and got an apartment of our own (now in Pasadena, TX). My dad gave Lisa his 2002 Chevy S10 to replace her Mustang (still runs, but is starting to cost too much to keep going). After 308,000+ miles, I finally gave in and sold my old S10 to a couple that are going to turn it into a drag truck (can't wait to see it on the track). With that, I'm now using my 2008 Colorado as a work truck (really hated drilling holes in it to mount the ladder rack on it ).

The last few checkups that I've had have been good, but the doc says I need to lose a little weight now (story of my life). And at this very moment, I have a sinus infection. Yay. Doc has me on antibiotics, so hopefully it'll pass soon.
Old 21st September 2012, 03:55   #101
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

Well shit, I don't blame ya for not dropping in too often! Sorry to hear about your guys' loss.

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2012, 09:06   #102
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

My brother.
I so wish that you'd get rid of the evil that is your ailment.
I went to the eye doc for my yearly and got way worse news than my regular doctor ever gave me. The blood vessels in my eyes are bleeding and ready to burst so I may lose my vision anyday now. That and the heart attack I had a couple months ago are waging war on my salary (or lack thereof).
Best wishes to you! I'm so happy that you have someone close. My best friend just came out for vacation and took me golfing for a couple days so that part of my bucket list is crossed out
Take care of yourself!
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2012, 22:21   #103
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Good to see you back. Please continue to update us. I especially like the updates in the other threads too.

@ S: Your gf still has you, and she doesn't have to worry about her mom's suffering anymore. That's not exactly the best of situations, but it can bee seen as ok once she's gone through the healing process.

@ E: I hope you get to keep your sight; we need to keep our responsible drivers on the road, not to be replaced with irresponsible ones. Plus, we need you here on Winamp! (not to mention that what we need is comparatively irrelevant to your need for your sight)

Just remember that it doesn't take sight to have a good vision, and you'll remain a very valuable person to a lot of us and others regardless of how well your eyes work.

Old 24th September 2012, 10:58   #104
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

I really wish there was more than a virtual hug I can give you both, Chev and Sarge.
Old 25th September 2012, 19:56   #105
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

That sucks, Chev. I hope your doctors are wrong for at least a good while.

Sarge: No, you can't replace her mom. But I hope this experience won't drive you apart but rather closer to each other. Be there for her. She may not have her mother anymore but she has you. Your time together is never granted. Treasure it.

Old 2nd October 2012, 02:38   #106
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
My brother.
I went to the eye doc for my yearly and got way worse news than my regular doctor ever gave me. The blood vessels in my eyes are bleeding and ready to burst so I may lose my vision anyday now. That and the heart attack I had a couple months ago are waging war on my salary (or lack thereof).
Best wishes to you! I'm so happy that you have someone close. My best friend just came out for vacation and took me golfing for a couple days so that part of my bucket list is crossed out
Take care of yourself!
I had no idea. I know it may sound rhetorical, but if there's anything I can do for you, just let me know. Don't have to worry about me; I'll be ok. I hope the doctor gives you better news next time.

Quote:
@ S: Your gf still has you, and she doesn't have to worry about her mom's suffering anymore. That's not exactly the best of situations, but it can bee seen as ok once she's gone through the healing process.
Quote:
Sarge: No, you can't replace her mom. But I hope this experience won't drive you apart but rather closer to each other. Be there for her. She may not have her mother anymore but she has you. Your time together is never granted. Treasure it.
She's the best thing that's ever happened to me. I'm not letting her go.

@Shy: *hugs*
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:09   #107
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Love ya too, fuzzy
Old 3rd October 2012, 18:18   #108
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
This thread gets more deep every time I pop in, Sarge glad to see your health is well. Sorry to hear about you and your girls current misfortune. Hopefully you both come out on top.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 20:01   #109
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChevelle View Post
My brother.
Take care of yourself!
Get to a very good Teaching Hospital near you...if you can get there, go to Billings, in Chicago or come here to New York. Vascular lazer and thermal repair is top notch.. You're House, for fuck sake, find someone who may be able to do he job. And one heart attack ain't good, but my Dad had four. Lived to a fairly good age...It ain't over.
And you can't quit, it ain't your nature.
@ Sarge...well, you are doing better and we're all glad to hear that.
Old 3rd October 2012, 20:12   #110
rockouthippie
Banned

Well, on the bright side, usually if a heart attack is gonna kill you, it does that in 24 hours. If you last that long (which isn't promising... ), you usually live until the next time. That could be years.

Try to take good care of yourself. It does make a difference.

I lost my mom last year. It takes a year to get over shit like that under decent conditions. So try to avoid big changes for a year or so. A death in the family is enough hassle for a year. You don't want to add moving, changing jobs etc. to the fray. Try to keep everything as normal as possible for a while. Count to 10,000 before you do anything different from normal. The temptation is to change everything when you get a death in the family. You're not in shape to make big, life changing, decisions.

Trust me. I'm practically Mr. Spock and I wasn't. A year later, I'm just starting to figure things out. Your wife is probably gonna be weird. Don't worry too much. She'll be back in a year or so.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 02:00   #111
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

* wife girlfriend

Outside of family, I have maybe two people that I've known for as long as I've known you two (Andy and Ken). We don't keep in touch much, but I still count you as friends.

You'll both get through these tough phases, you know that.

Sarge, I'd love to see more photos of you Colorado if you have any handy. Blacked out wheels and flared guards, if I remember correctly. We can't get the U.S. trucks over here for under $60k, so the more I can live vicariously through your photos, the better.

Take it easy, guys. The sun always comes out eventually.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2012, 20:30   #112
sgtfuzzbubble011

Since I sold my old S10 a couple months ago, I've since turned my Colorado into a work truck. It's got a ladder rack on it now, and it's filthy at the moment. Driving all over southeast Texas has taken its toll... The front looks like it's been blasted with pebbles. Lots of little nicks and chips everywhere. The Bowtie has a small chunk missing from the right end, too.

When I get a chance to give it a bath, I'll take a few new pictures of it.

And thank you everyone for the well wishes.
Old 16th October 2012, 04:38   #113
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

A dirty truck that shows proof of doing work is far better looking in my opinion than a clean one. Yeah, it's nice to be bling-bling and all that every once in a while, but really, it's good to see a dude in a flannel and ripped jeans driving a dirty truck with a scratched up bed with tree-bark and gravel remnants in it, a tow-hitch-ball with most of it's chrome worn off, weeds, dried mud, and sticks stuck in the undercarriage, dried dog drool on the passenger window, and a dented bumper... you know, the kinda truck where if you pull the seat forward, you'd see more used tools behind it than in most people's garages, perhaps it has a front fender that was bought at a junk yard with a different color scheme that was offered that year of production, or maybe the odometer stopped working after the second roll-over. I like those trucks. They did work. I'd respect that truck any day over a shiny diesel-duallie that does little more than provide ample dashboard storage for sunglasses and a cowboy hat.

Old 31st October 2012, 18:57   #114
jarsonic
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jarsonic
Wow, Chev and Sarge. Sorry to hear about how the past few years have been. Thinking of y'all.

do justly | love mercy | walk humbly
jarsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 03:31   #115
sgtfuzzbubble011

Here's what my truck looks like right now, for those interested. I guess it doesn't look too bad even when it's kinda dirty.
Old 3rd November 2012, 12:08   #116
webthing
Forum King

Nice. Good to hear from ya!
Is that a ten foot ladder?
webthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 19:18   #117
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I think your truck looks pretty good. You can tell it helps someone get shit done.

Old 6th November 2012, 09:05   #118
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfuzzbubble99 View Post
[img]

Here's what my truck looks like right now, for those interested. I guess it doesn't look too bad even when it's kinda dirty.
Looks tough and purposeful.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 15:16   #119
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
I like your tires, they look like slicks.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 16:23   #120
fastingaciu
Major Dude

I came here to say hello and figured that since Sarge already made this thread, I might as well post in it. I haven't been around here since 2008. Reading some of my early posts, make me cringe. Its crazy to see that some of you are still here after all this time.

Sarge, I'm sorry to hear you've been through all of this. I wish you all the luck in the world. I have an uncle going through the same thing, and although I can't say I know how it feels, I can say that this requires courage; courage that most people lack. It's good to see that you're not one of those people and that you're fighting this. Keep strong!

On a side-note: Is that counting thread still happening?

Those who can do, do; those who can't do, teach.
fastingaciu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions