Old 27th October 2002, 20:04   #1
ziege

Skins & Crashing

I know this has probably been answered before, but it's difficult to search for such commonly used words as 'skin' and 'crash'.

My problem is that when I bring up the preferances window, if I click on Skins then Winamp3 crashes completely. This occurs while my own skin is loaded, and about 25% of the skins I've got, but some other skins don't crash at all. I don't have any scripts except the ones from the MAKI skin, but that skin doesn't crash so how come mine does!?

So to switch skins I'd have to use the menu that spawns from right-click, but this only shows half my collection since it runs out of the screen and doesn't scroll. To switch to the most recent skins, I need to first switch to a non-crashy skin that will allow me to use the preferences/options/skins menu. Very annoying. Also, lastly, the PNG screenshots never display in options/skins.

I still wonder if Nullsoft released an old beta by mistake?

[Edit: I have another random question... what is Dreamcore?]

Last edited by ziege; 27th October 2002 at 21:17.
ziege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2002, 19:20   #2
davidadamczyk

I've been having this problem as well. Please, does somebody know what is going on? Oh - if you can actually get into the prefs window, and into skins without it crashing, does winamp show complete garbage when you click on "detailed info"?

I checked older versions of winamp and the problem does not occur (I still had an old release of 3.0 hidden away on my HD).

-D
davidadamczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2002, 20:40   #3
ziege

I wish I still had the old beta's, this one drives me nuts. I've gone back to winamp2 now for listening to music, at least it stays open & doesnt' need me to reload the playlist every 10 seconds after a crash.
ziege is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins