Old 12th January 2007, 09:06   #521
bwechner

Well I downloaded the latest copy of gen_activewa.dll from CVS. Like my old one it reports version 1.0.0.1 in the WIndows Properties dialog box but the file size is larger and I see that the Year property of media items IS implemented. So I did not have the latest version clearly.

However the following is sadly observed using Visual Studio C# Express. If I try to access the Year proprty it throws this exception:

"The procedure number is out of range. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706D1)"

which is documented as generic COM error with that HRESULT unknown.

It seems the following properties all throw exceptions in fact:

Year
Comment
Genre
WATitle

All with the same HRESULT.

the Rating property still always returns 0 for me, even when I demonstrably have a rating in the media library. The same is true of Playcount.

Oh well. Something is awry. I'm happy to contribute code if it helps. Visual Studio C# Express is a free download IDE and a dream to work with.

Cheers,

Bernd.
bwechner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 09:12   #522
bwechner

Oh, by the way, this returns the year correctly:

MediaItem.ATFString("%year%")

Alas the rating is still zero when I try:

MediaItem.ATFString("%rating%")

but I have no reference for what legal ATF specifications are. Google's not helped me any on that front and the acronym means nothing to me.
Old 12th January 2007, 09:17   #523
shaneh
Major Dude

It sounds like you may need to regenerate youre interop code. When using C# to talk to a COM object, Visual studio generates some proxy code, you may need to regenerate this now you have the new .dll.

Ive done up a basic ATF reference here:
http://www.myplugins.info/winamp-wik...tle_formatting
shaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 21:46   #524
bwechner

Quote:
Originally posted by shaneh
regenerate youre interop code. When using C# to talk to a COM object, Visual studio generates some proxy code, you may need to regenerate this now you have the new .dll.
That begs the newbie question "how?" I can't find anything simple again on Google or MSDN. So I deleted the files named Interop.ActiveWinamp.dll and rebuilt with no change. I'll keep looking but have to run now.
Old 14th January 2007, 10:34   #525
bwechner

Another odd thing s since I installed the latest DLL. The Track property is not returning the track number any more, but some arbitrary number. Example: 1895036. The ATFString function returns the correct value for %track%, so I'm using that now. Indeed the ATFString function is a beauty and worth extending kudos for! Wonderful function.

Alas it won't return my ratings either. But hey, that's life for now. I need ultimately the ability to set the rating too, ideally. That's about the only metadata I want to be able to change form my app (for now).
Old 14th January 2007, 10:39   #526
shaneh
Major Dude

Yeah I think theres some bugs with meta data reading/writing. I think the newer versions of winamp aren't as tolerant with the buggy methods. I could spend time debugging and updating. But Id rather wait for the newer unicode variants of winamp to stabalise, and build for that instead.
shaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 21:25   #527
bwechner

Sounds fair to me. WinAmp seems to update fairly frequently (I get the bothersome upgrade messages more often than I like ;-).
Old 24th January 2007, 14:48   #528
keepitcool4

is it possible to call jumptofile from within ActiveWinamp?

because I would like a "real" enqueue option, or has someone got a workaround?
because adding the song to the end of the list isn't such a pretty option ic with shuffle

besides that, AW is awesome
keepitcool4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2007, 21:26   #529
osmosis
Major Dude

Winamp Party Shuffle v2.7

slightly newer version benefiting from vect's Biased Shuffle (which i can't get to work). just adds tracking of manually added songs in the enqhistory, so as to avoid repeating those as well. seriously looking into bringing the bias/weight shuffling from either that or Anreal's SendTo or a variation thereupon, so hopefully i'll have that together in the near future.

15 track version on the wiki

playlist_Party Shuffle (20).vbs
Attached Files
File Type: txt playlist_party shuffle (20).vbs.txt (4.1 KB, 756 views)
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2007, 18:38   #530
osmosis
Major Dude

fixed 20 track (forgot to change a couple instances of EnqHistory to SongHistory):
Attached Files
File Type: txt playlist_party shuffle (20).vbs.txt (4.1 KB, 582 views)
Old 31st January 2007, 23:35   #531
vect

Bugfix. Shouldn't crash with bad queries now.
Attached Files
File Type: txt playlist_biased party shuffle.vbs.txt (9.2 KB, 666 views)
vect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2007, 05:02   #532
osmosis
Major Dude

okay so it looks like i ballsed up. mine can't log the user addition of tracks because the playlist.item.DBindex value is different from that which is generated in the scripting dictionary for each track. any ideas on how to reconcile this?

haha got it. just had to stop using the Rand2 value and plug it back into the mlq query for the DBindex to use. Funny that they'd differ though.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.

Last edited by osmosis; 1st February 2007 at 05:34.
Old 1st February 2007, 05:59   #533
osmosis
Major Dude

Winamp Party Shuffle v2.8

i'm liberal with numbers so here's 2.8 since i think i've fixed the Rand OOB error too by trying out Anreal's version of the code.
Attached Files
File Type: txt playlist_party shuffle (20).vbs.txt (4.2 KB, 784 views)
Old 26th February 2007, 01:30   #534
heygrady

Vista SideBar Gadget

I am working on a sidebar gadget for Windows Vista. I was able to get the ActiveWinamp plug-in installed. I was also able to successfully use it to get the current playing track.

What is not immediately obvious is how to use the event callback function. I am using Javascript (JScript).

Winamp = new ActiveXObject('ActiveWinamp.Application');
document.getElementById('message').innerText += Winamp.Playlist(Winamp.Playlist.Position).Artist;
Winamp.ChangedTrack = function ()
{
document.getElementById('message').innerText += 'ChangedTrack';
}

This will grab the current playing track but then it throws an error on the Winamp.ChangedTrack line.

What is the correct way to register a callback function on the ChangedTrack event using JavaScript?

Thanks
heygrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 15:38   #535
Jim_Nastiq

is there a way to use winamp scripting and change the audio output device for winamp?
Jim_Nastiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2007, 12:58   #536
ChaosBlade

Send a message via ICQ to ChaosBlade Send a message via AIM to ChaosBlade Send a message via Yahoo to ChaosBlade
I was using AW in a C# project to fetch some random metadata. I couldn't get stuff like BitRate and such to work (i used ATFString). I was using Winamp Lite though, Which lacks the ML. I'm not a WinAmp user mainly, so i'll have to ask - Is the ML required for that kind of info?
ChaosBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 19:23   #537
osmosis
Major Dude

Just dropping a note: Winamp 5.36 Beta AND Explorer crash in WinXP when attempting to use AW.
Old 29th August 2007, 17:38   #538
ktdt00

WMP Ratings to WA

Hello,

This ActiveWinamp script will migrate ratings from Windows Media Player (WMP) to Winamp.

Note that it doesn't do true synchronization. It is one way from WMP to WA. It also ignores songs that are already rated in WA.

I wrote it to help migrate from using WMP as a player but I still prefer it for managing my library. I found a few other scripts that did ID3 tag migration but nothing that did WMP (I'm using WMA's).

I actually wrote it for MusikCube and then ported it because I'm still looking for the perfect player. Full featured but low footprint.

It did my 2500 song library in just under a minute.

It's public domain so enjoy.

KTDT00
Attached Files
File Type: zip wmp2wa.zip (1.6 KB, 455 views)
ktdt00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2007, 02:03   #539
gonemad

Quote:
Originally posted by ChaosBlade
I was using AW in a C# project to fetch some random metadata. I couldn't get stuff like BitRate and such to work (i used ATFString). I was using Winamp Lite though, Which lacks the ML. I'm not a WinAmp user mainly, so i'll have to ask - Is the ML required for that kind of info?
im pretty sure all the of the data is retrieved from the ML.. so yea i'd think it would be required
gonemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 20:49   #540
fooeynet

Re: Winamp Party Shuffle v2.8

Quote:
Originally posted by osmosis
i'm liberal with numbers so here's 2.8 since i think i've fixed the Rand OOB error too by trying out Anreal's version of the code.
Love the script, but made a change so it worked better for my library of music. I was unhappy with the songs that were being selected for the playlist, and after looking at the code I figured out the reason: the songs generated in the playlist are based on random selection of all the *artists* found in your media library, so if, like me, you have a lot of "compilation" albums (remixes, soundtracks, etc.) you could end up hearing cuts from the same compilation album relatively close to each other in the playlist.

So in this area of the code:
code:
i = 1
For each track in mlq
' First entry without ":"
if Dict1(track.album)="" then
Dict1(track.album) = CStr(i)
else
Dict1(track.album) = Dict1(track.album) + ":" + CStr(i)
end if
i = i + 1
next

...I changed the track.artist references to track.album. This way my playlist is generated using songs appearing across random albums in my library, rather than artists. (Personally, I'd rather hear two songs from the same artist more frequently than two songs from the same album). It also more accurately reflects the music dispersion of my media library -- artists that I have more tracks for will appear more often in my playlist.

I suppose now that Winamp supports "albumartist" as of 5.34 (and supports using "artist" if "albumartist" isn't found) you could also use that, if your mp3s are tagged properly.
fooeynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 17:57   #541
Hawkmoon77

Problem with Active Winamp

Please help me out with this, I'm going nuts! The problem just doesn't make any sense to me.

I am using the active winamp plugin as part of a VB .NET project. I created an object pointer for the active winamp plugin:

Dim WithEvents Winamp As ActiveWinamp.Application

and then created a new instance of it in the form load procedure:

Winamp = New ActiveWinamp.Application

Then I added the event sub for the changed track event. This procedure triggers when winamp changes tracks, and successfully displays a messagebox:

Private Sub Winamp_ChangedTrack() Handles_ Winamp.ChangedTrack
Msgbox ("Track changed.")
End Sub

But this one does not work!

Private Sub Winamp_ChangedTrack() Handles_ Winamp.ChangedTrack
TextBox1.Text = "Track changed."
End Sub

I can't imagine what the problem is. With some experimenting, I noticed the following unusual occurrences within the changed track even procedure:

1. Cannot update any feild on the form
2. If I set timer.enabled = true, it never actually fires the tiemr event, however, if I later check the timer.enabled property, i find that it was actually set to True
3. Cannot perform a refresh of the form or any of its contents, the debugger just skips the command as I step through it.
4. I can add text to a listbox, but it never appears on the screen. I know its there because I can later query the listbox items, and find that the text was added. It was just never updated on the screen.

I have NEVER encountered something this odd. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
-Joe
Hawkmoon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 14:07   #542
Hawkmoon77

Nevermind...

I decided not to use active winamp. I can't get past the bugs, and I need a bit more customization for cleaner code.

I decided to write a separate winamp class that I will ultimately compile into a dll for neat integration with my .net project.

I did not take this route in the first place because I needed winamp to throw some events to my App. I figured out a very reliable way to do that without involving plugins or subclassing. It's neat and works reliably.

I think, just to keep it simple, I will develop the project to be a full winamp control wrapper / event handler. Of course, by full, I mean, complete for the purpose of my application. I would be happy to add in the entire library of IPC messages, but I just don't know what all of them are!
Hawkmoon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2007, 20:14   #543
Flo_La

ActiveWinamp with Winamp 5.5

Let me start by thanking Shane for this great plugin, 1000 times.

Recently I used it to write a script for "scrobbling" tracks to last.fm / audioscrobbler. It serves me as an alternate scrobbler to the official last.fm client and also submits my ipod shuffle tracks. So I think it is quite useful and I've been offering the script at the last.fm forums for evaluation/testing.

Now down to the point: I read osmosis' post above and it seems like the most recent version of Winamp is not compatible with the ActiveWinamp plugin. (Well actually the other way round )

Shane, do you plan on supporting and/or updating ActiveWinamp for Winamp 5.5?
It goes without saying that I would be extremely happy about that!
Flo_La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 21:50   #544
foxyshadis

Send a message via AIM to foxyshadis Send a message via Yahoo to foxyshadis
It works fine now. Whatever the issue was in 5.36, the winamp devs seem to have fixed it pretty quickly.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 22:01   #545
osmosis
Major Dude

still doesn't work for me. and it's not in the dev's perogative to fix things to accomodate broken plugins as they change their API, it's the plugin dev's responsibility, since the winamp devs would only change things that could break plugins if they have to. It is, however, much easier to break ActiveWinamp due to the way it interacts with Winamp's COM interface, so I'm still waiting for a version updated to work with Winamp 5.5

Old 24th October 2007, 00:30   #546
foxyshadis

Then there's something else going on with your install, because I have no issues with it. You're sure it's not an interaction with another plugin, a scripthost installation problem, or some other system issue?
Old 24th October 2007, 01:12   #547
osmosis
Major Dude

what scripts have you tested it with?

Old 24th October 2007, 03:46   #548
foxyshadis

Not that many, and not terribly complex ones, but here's some of them. Which of yours cause a crash? Maybe I could reproduce the same here with a sample.

Also, *shock* over the forum sending out email notifications in a timely manner today.
Attached Files
File Type: rar scripts.rar (1.1 KB, 270 views)
Old 24th October 2007, 07:54   #549
osmosis
Major Dude

hmm. set playcount crashes my setup even.. that's troubling. I just use my party shuffle script and test out some variants/alternates that other people have made. Haven't encountered any problems until the 5.36 Beta and now 5.5 though.. I wonder how i can hunt down the problem.. perhaps AW got unloaded as system dll somehow.. i'll post back after i try a couple things.

Edit: Yup. Not sure how.. but somehow it got unloaded. Note to any others experiencing crashes in Winamp, Explorer etc, when trying to run any/everything at all in AW:

regsvr32 "c:\program files\winamp\plugins\gen_activewa.dll"

should fix things provided you know the script you're using to be properly written.

Last edited by osmosis; 24th October 2007 at 08:14.
Old 27th October 2007, 23:17   #550
Flo_La

Thanks osmosis and foxyshadis for the testing.
I actually used AW with WA 5.5 myself now too. And my moderately big project works with it too. Great!
So AW is still alive.
Old 6th December 2007, 04:41   #551
Arqane

Hey all. I'm writing a program that will run through any audio player through scripting. For simple support though, I want commands that use a single line, for example:

'WinAmp.Play'

Fortunately, I need a small list, and most are taken care of already. From what I've seen...

These are already done:
Play, Pause, Stop, Restart, Next/Previous Song, Louder/Softer

These need to be done still:
Fast Forward/Rewind (as a state), Play(<Playlist String>), and Speed Up/Speed Down.

iTunes is actually a wee bit ahead with FF/Rewind and Play Playlist scripts taken care of. However, even though it will be tricky, WinAmp can probably finish the speed change first. The plugins are there, but those would have to be scriptable as well.

Any suggestions for making these functions?
Arqane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 20:59   #552
Stupifier
Major Dude

Quote:
hmm. set playcount crashes my setup even.. that's troubling. I just use my party shuffle script and test out some variants/alternates that other people have made. Haven't encountered any problems until the 5.36 Beta and now 5.5 though.. I wonder how i can hunt down the problem.. perhaps AW got unloaded as system dll somehow.. i'll post back after i try a couple things.

Edit: Yup. Not sure how.. but somehow it got unloaded. Note to any others experiencing crashes in Winamp, Explorer etc, when trying to run any/everything at all in AW:

regsvr32 "c:\program files\winamp\plugins\gen_activewa.dll"

should fix things provided you know the script you're using to be properly written.
So, I just ran that command in the command window....it said it succeeded. I open winamp, and try to run the "x rating times" script and it doesn't work. After closing Winamp, I also get a "Dees Not Respond" error as well.
Stupifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 22:35   #553
osmosis
Major Dude

try just plain reinstalling ActiveWinamp, my regsrv thing is only if running any script crashes Winamp (meaning somehow the dll got unregistered - although it should work in lieu of a fresh install, i don't want to guarantee it). Also, it is possible that certain peices/functions of ActiveWinamp are becoming incompatible with the API changes in newer versions that are coming out, but that would be something for shane to look into and i can't help you there.

Old 20th December 2007, 22:30   #554
osmosis
Major Dude

anyone else experiencing scripts not showing up in the Scripts submenu as of 5.51?

Old 22nd December 2007, 12:44   #555
seym

hey! first of all: great plugin. i love it!
but... why does the ChangedTrack event trigger twice sometimes? and is there an event which triggers at the end of a track, before changing to the next?
seym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 04:36   #556
osmosis
Major Dude

have i mentioned that scripts run normally but don't show up in the Scripts or Send To menus in 5.51?

Old 18th January 2008, 12:31   #557
GTFI

Quote:
anyone else experiencing scripts not showing up in the Scripts submenu as of 5.51?
Quote:
have i mentioned that scripts run normally but don't show up in the Scripts or Send To menus in 5.51?
Same thing here... (@5.52)
Anyone help? I would like to run mp3tag.
GTFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 20:26   #558
Flo_La

Are you guys talking about ActiveWinamp with Winamp 5.5X under Windows XP or Vista?

I am using it under XP and the scripts show up in the playlist scripts right click menu as well as in the send to menu.

Btw, does anyone know what the current status is in terms of AW under Vista?
What I have gathered so far is that it should "only" need a new installer that registers the dll properly. Is that right?
I'd appreciate any news about further development/bug fixing of AW. (Was trying to post on the sourcefourge site, but it's very silent there.)
Old 18th January 2008, 20:45   #559
osmosis
Major Dude

Yes, I am on XP SP2, nothing shows up.

Old 19th January 2008, 04:05   #560
GTFI

The installer does this whit the dll:
regsvr32.exe /s "C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\gen_activewa.dll"
The /s halts the installation, but if you kill the regsvt32.exe during installation and after that you register manyally the dll
(Start -> Run ->
regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\gen_activewa.dll")
But the result is same, scripts popup-menu is missing.
Using Vista32bit...
GTFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development