X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrO
    • Sep 2003

JakdMan: it's a temporary site and does it really matter how it looks as long as information can be found from it? which is minimal at the moment as it's only been a few weeks since the sale and it takes time to sort out the mess of things that was the old AOL setup. and as it's a temporary site, who knows what'll eventually happen to it and any other sites which need to be re-made in the coming year (as that's a realistic time scale to see the new owners to do something and not an instant week or two as too many have been naively expecting).
    WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• JakdMan
      • May 2013

Just making sure. And said nativity is rightfully in place because sometimes in the past when such changes take place there have been permanent changes made on zero time flat, so yerr.

Comment

• RunSaber
        • Feb 2014

Add Auto Play on Start

Please add to Winamp an AutoPlay option on the Start of the application, without need a external plugin, because is a very useful for me to use for my radio with shoutcast. Mi idea is, if the computer is reset for example, autostart the reproduction of the previous playlist. Start Winamp with Windows is easy, but don't exist one option to start the reproduction of the music in the start of winamp.

pd.: Please consider add the Spanish language in the forum...

Comment

• DrO
          • Sep 2003

what's wrong with using a plug-in which will do exactly what you're wanting to do? i.e. http://winampplugins.co.uk/timerestore.html

Comment

• bigdaddywolf
            • Feb 2014

milkdrop and win 8 - 8.1

I recently bought a new laptop with win 8 and installed the last winamp. It worked fine except milkdrop just wouldnt load.... i got a error message saying it was a shader problem related to directx. updated to win 8.1 and still no good. I dont know if its because the latest directx 11 doesnt come with its previous versions included but it just wouldnt work. I took a wild guess and figured if i found an older version of dx and installed it and voila! fully functional winamp again. i got the directx9 2010 version off file hipo. If anyone has this prob, give it a try. hope this helps anyone with this problem.

Comment

• iomegajaz
              Balled and Chained
              Alumni
              • Jun 2000

Originally Posted by RunSaber View Post
              pd.: Please consider add the Spanish language in the forum...
              International Connection
              Have a problem, suggestion, comment, but you find it easier to express
              yourself en Espanol, in Nederlands, in Italiano? Esperanto? Portuguese?
              Swedish? Other? This is your space on the Winamp forums.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.

Comment

• mucks
                • Mar 2002

i wish i'm not off topic too much but

my computer totally fails to load either milkdrop or AVS but it's a 4x2x4ghz mint with a great video card... Nvidia's last year's top lane. AVS is kind of great - it could be re-adapted, improved and deliver tons of user content directly from the interface... I like it a lot but it's as if backward-compatibility was badly made with the most recent computers... wtf :-3
                Meow

Comment

• Aminifu
                  Forum King
                  • Aug 2011

Originally Posted by mucks View Post
                  my computer totally fails to load either milkdrop or AVS but it's a 4x2x4ghz mint with a great video card...
                  AVS can be rather hit or miss, but Milkdrop should run without problems. I suggest you use the Winamp Info Tool (link below) to make an extended report of your configuration and use the advanced reply editor to attach it to a post. You may have some items (or didn't install some items) that are causing the problem.

What is Winamp? Why is Winamp? How is Winamp? All these burning questions and issues discussed within.
                  Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v4.1 skin
                  Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

• naroz
                    • Feb 2014

i hope you replace winamp 90's design with a new modern/metro design everyone moving to Microsoft Modern/Metro Design language including apple, google, samsung, htc and the whole internet sites

Comment

• DrO
                      • Sep 2003

if only it was possible to quickly change the look of Winamp with a skin...

Comment

• Damon Newcomb
                        • Feb 2014

Winamp is dead. Long live Winamp! ITunes sucks, if it was a person, I would slap it! I run Winamp on a 12 core Mac Pro, in a virtual Windows 7 machine. Beats the heck out of ITunes!! Thanks guys!

Comment

• Gamergeek1981
                          • Feb 2014

Winamp Relauch

I sure everyone is dying to know when Winamp will relaunch because when you go to Winamp's website your are face to face with a site that says more coming soon when that is no one knows for people working on the site redesign pleas let us know when Winamp will be back up and running with a release date info.

Comment

• DrO
                            • Sep 2003

i bet the answer to that is "when it's done" ...

Comment

• xfullmetal17
                              • Nov 2013

Still running version 5.666 (did it *really* have to end on that number? :P) and it's working perfectly well. Only thing I'm a bit upset about is how it hijacks media volume keys (i.e. I hit volume down and both Windows *and* Winamp lower the volume, at different rates)

edit: and according to the homepage title, we're STILL whipping the llama's ass!

another edit: and of course, now I say how Winamp takes the media volume controls, and then it stops...
                              Last edited by xfullmetal17; 17 February 2014, 03:42.

Comment

• BeastOfSoda
                                • May 2007

i just wanted to chime in to thank you guys for wanting to keep winamp alive. without sounding sappy, i've been using it ever since version 1 and it's been a significant part of my go-to software from my teen years on, that i've come to know and love. looking forward to the future, hope you're going to relaunch it to its full potential and take the whole market (PC, android, iOS) by storm. just like it was supposed to be. (ps: if you're going for a rewrite, would it be too much to hope for the mobile version to look exactly like the PC one, possibly in winamp 2/3 style? )

Comment

Working...
                                X