Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 4th December 2012, 07:38   #1
ElectricFox

Impossible to listen to internet radio stations with Winamp

Hello!

Untill a few weeks ago, I could listen to all my favourite Ambient and New AGE internet radio stations with Winamp 5.63 pro.
Now, I can only listen to CDs and to my music albums recorded in "Music".
I have made Winamp the default media player.

All stations such as di.fm, Bluemars/Cryosleep, Stillstream, Chromanova, etc...do not work at all, no sound, although the station is ready to play.
I have used Winamp for over 5 years and have never met this problem.

HOWEVER, suddenly Shoutcast has appeareed on my Winamp tool bar, and through it I can listen to most of the usual channels, although some are not listed, Bluemars/Cryosleep for instance. DO NOT like Shoutcast because I can't use the beautiful vizualisations from Soundspectrum that I have downloaded, such as G-Force, Aeon, Whitecap etc... Strangely enough, the only stations that Winamp will play are all the stations from Soma fm !!

Another point: most of the buttons on my Winamp toolbar are gone, except 5, including Shoutcast, Facebook, Twitter... When I click on the wheel "more buttons on toolbar", nothing happens.

I can listen to internet radios now only with 365.com or ITunes. I will not use Windows Media Player, with which I have had nothing but problems in the past.
Please help, all was so perfect...how can I get my good old Winamp back & get rid of Shoutcast!

The library is another problem: I have over hundreds of albums in my ITunes
library, and Winamp wants to import them all in the Winamp library !It succeeded once, I had to delete them one by one, now my library is empty. I don't want that !!

Should I remove Winamp completely from my computer, then download it again?
I have removed it, but ran the old downloads,no succes.

Please help !

Stephen.
ElectricFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 11:23   #2
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
i would suggest you remove/uninstall EVERYTHING winamp related from add/remove programs in control panel, and start over fresh. don't install the winamp toolbar for browsers unless you need it.

you will lose some stats and so on from the ML, so you can make a backup if you want with the winamp backup tool first, but chances are you don't need/want that stuff.

fyi: itunes might move your music files around, but winamp normally doesn't. it is safe to import anything into the the winamp DB, its not moved doing so. it can be deleted via winamp tho, so you have to be careful with that.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2012, 02:58   #3
ElectricFox

More buttons on the toolbar??

Hi !
How can I add more buttons on the toolbar, like mail services? I had a toolbar with Gmail AOL mail, etc... I have only those 5 miserable buttons: shoutcast, Twitter, Facebook, etc... When I go to the wheel on the right & click on "add more buttons", nothing happens.
Please help. Thanks.
ElectricFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2012, 19:08   #4
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
i don't use the toolbar.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2012, 22:11   #5
JonnyMac

Are you using Windows Internet Explorer or Firefox. I get that issue with IE7 Windows XP SP3, but not with Firefox.

Anyways, upon clicking 'Add More Buttons' you are brought to a webpage with options to add more buttons. Click Here for the options page. In the upper right (of the options page) you can add your own buttons, so as a suggestion add the "Add More Buttons" address as one of the buttons...

http://client.web.aol.com/toolbar/ie/aol/en-US/5.0/buttons/buttons.htm?tb=winamp

That way you will have the "Add More Buttons" switch right on the toolbar.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
interner radios, shoutcast, winamp 5.63