Old 30th April 2011, 09:24   #1
LlamaLlamaLamp

Stopping sprites interacting with presets?

Hello MilkDrop gods, I've got another question for you all.

Is there a variable that can be set in either the preset or the sprite code that can stop sprites from interacting with the presets?

e.g. If you load up a sprite in certain presets, the sprite will do things like 'repeat' all over the presets. Other presets make the sprite 'burn'. Some presets will also reflect the sprite in different parts of the scene. The end result is usually not pretty.

There are a lot of presets where sprites work perfectly and give awesome results. e.g. Martin - push ax, no religion, skywards (quite alot of your stuff actually). Also, EoS - Phat cool Bug and others.

Anyways, is there anything that I can change so that the sprite simply doesn't interact with the preset at all?

Thanks again
LlamaLlamaLamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 19:24   #2
Nitorami
Major Dude

I never worked with sprites, but shouldn't this be controlled by the "burn" variable in the sprite code ?
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 04:24   #3
LlamaLlamaLamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitorami View Post
I never worked with sprites, but shouldn't this be controlled by the "burn" variable in the sprite code ?
God damnit. I fucking hate you. Just stop doing that. Everytime. Stop. Being. Right!

I can't believe it was that simple. It's my own fault really. I dismissed it as being the cause because I thought it was an optional variable in the sprite code. I had assumed that if 'burn' wasn't specified that it would default to 0. Alas, no that wasn't the case However explicitly defining 'burn' as 0 indeed fixes my problem.

So for anyone who looks at this thread in the future, the answer to the question is:

code:
init_1=nitorami = martin;
code_1=answer = nitorami;

Ok, the actual code is just:

code:
code_1=burn = 0;

Thanks again nitorami! (btw, do you prefer martin or nitorami?)
LlamaLlamaLamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets

Tags
sprite, sprites