Old 25th January 2013, 21:34   #1
eick74

Winamp stops playing and goes back in time

I have been having an intermittent problem with Winamp for Android. Occasionally Winamp will stop playing and after a moment Winamp will go back to a song that was playing previously. The song it goes to is either the first song it played in the current section or the last song I changed out of (by either fast forward or library). When I press play, occasionally there will be no audio until I undock the player from the vehicle dock.

I have a Motorola Droid 3 with the vehicle dock which plays through the USB jack.
eick74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2013, 10:39   #2
LlamaLlamaLamp

Same problem but not in a dock. I'm just listening with Bluetooth headphones...although I *think* it also happened the one time I used earphones. Song will just stop and then switch to the song I initially selected for playback, even though I had already progressed through the playlist. Music will only resume when I manually press the pause button in the task bar controls (yes, it shows a pause button even though nothing is playing). Latest version, but pretty sure I was experiencing the problem with earlier versions. Tends to happen more if I'm doing something like browsing the web or using another app. HTC One X on 4.1.1
LlamaLlamaLamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 01:29   #3
Bradthor

I'm experiencing a similar issue on my HTC Rezound but without dock or Bluetooth. Play will stop at random as if someone pressed pause. It happens whether the screen is locked or not. When I switch back to Winamp, I can press play again but it starts back at the first song I played when I first launched Winamp. My HTC Thunderbolt never exhibited this issue.
Bradthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 01:38   #4
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Hi all.

Has this just been happening since the 1.4.8 builds (current is 1.4.10)?

Do you all have Jelly Bean (Android OS 4.1.x)?
And is Player Controls (or Player Controls Advanced) selected via Winamp homescreen > Menu > Settings > Notification Bar Type?

If yes, then does the problem still occur if you change that setting to "Basic"?
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 02:48   #5
Bradthor

I'm not sure of the build number but this has been happening since mid-December of 2012.

I'm running Ice Cream Sandwich and my "Notification Bar Type" is already set to "Basic".
Bradthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 09:48   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

So much for that theory then...

Ok, thanks for the report/info.

It is known about and will hopefully be fixed asap.

Basically, it seems as though the app is crashing in the background, auto-restarting, and returning to the last saved playback position...
Old 18th March 2013, 13:23   #7
stranded

Send a message via ICQ to stranded Send a message via AIM to stranded Send a message via Yahoo to stranded
Got the same issue on my Nexus 7. Out of nowhere music stops and when I resume it.. it goes back in time and plays like 3 songs back. I got the controls enabled though.

Same happens on my phone. Both are Jelly Bean.
stranded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 14:47   #8
Vasyutina2
Banned

forums.winamp.com потрясающ. Спасибо и успехов в работе!
Vasyutina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 12:58   #9
MuzicFiend

Same here

Samsung Galaxy 3. I noticed that it occurs when I copy/pasted a playlist directly to the SD card while listening to music. Once the paste completed, the activity "swirly" popped up on the Play Queue bar. When it finished, the app jumped back to the middle of the first song in the queue...
MuzicFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2013, 17:53   #10
Nocturnal67

Hi,

I've also noticed this a few times with my Defy XT using both BT and wired headsets. Haven't figured out a pattern yet to reproduce this.
Nocturnal67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 10:21   #11
MaroonSofa

It seems to happen whenever the phone is doing something vaguely intensive. If i'm on the homescreen it's fine, but if I go to Firefox and browse, the moment it starts loading a new page Winamp quits. It's very repeatable (on my stock UK Samsung Galaxy S3) - I'm a little surprised it's still not fixed.
MaroonSofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2013, 02:17   #12
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

A fix is hopefully coming v. soon (for both the reported 'skippy/choppy playback' & 'playback randomly stops' issues).

Send me a PM (please include your gmail acct) if you would like to try a test 1.4.11 build when one becomes available.

[EDIT]

1.4.11 Test Build temporarily available:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=365907
Old 1st October 2013, 12:19   #13
RickyH

Hi, I know this thread a little old, however, I am suffering the same issues detailed within it.

Samsung S3, Jelly Bean 4.1.2 WinAmp 1.4.11

My issue generally manifests itself following a restart (I have 2 batteries so let one die before using the 2nd). If I'm listening to music (wired headphones) when the battery dies, SOMETIMES, when I reboot the phone and restart wimamp, it starts to play a song then randomly (apparently) jumps to a mid point in a completely different song.

If it happens, I clear the play list, end the process and restart the phone. Sometimes this works, today however, it isn't (hence my search+post).

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.

On the plus side, ignoring this issue WinAmp for Android is far and away the best player available.

Cheers Ricky
RickyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 20:37   #14
iroul

The same issue found

I am having the same issue.
Music would play for several songs, it's always different everytime, but it stops playing when loading up the next song. Then the song will reset to the first song on the playlist.
I also cannot open up Winamp at all. I usually control Winamp with widget on the background and I cannot seem to open the Winamp app ever since I started having this problem. So I couldn't even change my settings but I should be using the basic notification control, the one that gives the song info but has no control over playback.
I can't say for sure but it seems like this issue has started after the latest update.

I am using Galaxy S2 / 4.1.2 / Winamp 1.4.12
iroul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 13:13   #15
TigerClaw

I'm experiencing the same problem with my Galaxy S3, Song plays for a few seconds then stops.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 14:00   #16
TigerClaw

Though I noticed it stopped doing that after a while, I guess it has to read all the info before it runs properly. usually when i sync and add new stuff with it, you gotta let winamp take a while to detect what you have.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android