Old 2nd May 2011, 17:55   #1
activeknowledge

Milkdrop code editor displaying garbage

Hi there,

I'm brand new to Milkdrop preset development, and I have a problem that's driving me crazy. For presets containing per_pixel or per_vertex code, I'm seeing garbage instead of the code itself. I've attached a JPG of the per_frame section of the first included preset (3dRaGoNs & Unchained - Dragon Science), however this problem is global to any preset containing code in those areas.

Thanks for any help, I'm excited to dive in and this is mildly irritating.

Edit: Ugh, attachments are giving me trouble. Here is the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/s3u1b.jpg
activeknowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 04:29   #2
LlamaLlamaLamp

My first suggestion would be to upgrade your graphics card drivers. Are you using a laptop?
I vaguely seem to remember reading about a similar problem experienced by another user. I think it was fixed with a driver update in the end.
LlamaLlamaLamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 07:59   #3
Nitorami
Major Dude

No, that problem was introduced with a past milkdrop version maybe a year ago. I suggest you get the latest milkdrop2.dll.
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 08:19   #4
DrO

the issue appeared in v2.21 whereas it was meant to be v2.2 that was put back into the 5.61 distribution but that got messed up somewhat hence the editor issue coming back (though i'd just use v2.23 unless experiencing the issues with the reactivity to the music in localised installs which lead to the whole reversion process).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 04:24   #5
ginkner

where do you get the latest DLL? Nullsoft seems to be hiding them, and im a bit cautious about downloading things off file sites without some confirmation that they're not legit. I had this same problem and fixed it. I just upgraded and now it's back, and the solution i was pointed at in my previous thread is now a dead link.

Is milkdrop 2 still being developed at all? I cant find any information or site that's even close to current.
ginkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 11:42   #6
DrO

is good to know you read the previous posts... so http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=156839#known will give you a link to 2.2 or you can just download a 5.60x installer and use 7-zip to extract the v2.23 Milkdrop dll and use that or wait for the next release (no eta) when probably 2.24 will be shipped (which hopefully resolves the music response issues when used in a localised install).

it depends what you classify as being developed as minor issues are still being worked on (hence the 2.2 to 2.23 revisions over the last year).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Troubleshooting Forum