Old 8th December 2010, 16:18   #1
boboclan

Shoutcast problems setting up

I just started using shoutcast and I followed all instructions. Before I posted this I did research here and also at the FAQs for the last two days but i still have a few problems.

1. Registered my station but the configuration file is not opening when i download it. I also don't know where to put the authentication key.

2. I tried to change the password on the server but it is refusing saying it can't create the file and that i should make sure the file name and path are correct.

3. The server monitor is showing fatal error saying that another process is using the same socket.

4. My station has not showed up on shoutcast listings and my server has been set to public like advised on FAQs.

Please help. Thanks.
boboclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010, 18:53   #2
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Have you tried configuring your server from the "Administrator" account yet? Sounds like you're on Vista/7. Try opening Notepad with administrator privileges and then editing the file. I believe you can right click on the Notepad icon and run it as the administrator that way (I forget what the text of the menu option is labeled.)

For the socket error make sure no other application has the port open or that some firewall isn't blocking it. If the default Windows firewall is enabled try disabling it.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010, 19:27   #3
boboclan

Thanks
I have solved the socket problem. I just killed the processes from the task manager because i had many instances of the server running.

Yes I am on Vista and I was able to open the config file using note pad. However, I was unable to set up the new 2.0 version even after following different instructions
I settled for the 1.9.8 for now. When I play songs on winamp I can see my server is sending the signals.

Now the problem is changing my password (edit config ) and getting listed on shoutcast directory. I have registered already.
Old 8th December 2010, 20:14   #4
boboclan

I have solved one more problem. I am now listed on shoutcast. I just typed the name of my station on the shoutcast source window and waited a few minutes.

One problem still stands though, password changing. I understand the default password is changeme but I am trying to edit the file but I can't. It is saying that the path is incorrest when i try to save after editing the password. Help please.
Old 8th December 2010, 20:43   #5
thinktink
Forum King

Try this, it's for Win7 but should still work for Vista. Apply the changes to the config file:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=322674
Old 8th December 2010, 20:55   #6
Azgrael

I have a weird problem. Everything is fine, but i am not listed at shoutcast.com i waited a couple of minutes, but nothing happens. yp.shoutcast.com touched!, and it says it's active.

Sorry thinktink, my bad. i'll try thx.
Azgrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010, 21:20   #7
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azgrael View Post
I have a weird problem. Everything is fine, but i am not listed at shoutcast.com i waited a couple of minutes, but nothing happens. yp.shoutcast.com touched!, and it says it's active.
Really, not very nice posting in someone else's thread with an unrelated issue.

How long did you wait after the DNAS reported you were listed to look on the yp? It takes a while for the YP to update on station adds. It has good days and bad days. If you're still not listed on the YP after 2 hours running continuously please post your DNAS logs.
Old 9th December 2010, 12:17   #8
Azgrael

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinktink View Post
Really, not very nice posting in someone else's thread with an unrelated issue.

How long did you wait after the DNAS reported you were listed to look on the yp? It takes a while for the YP to update on station adds. It has good days and bad days. If you're still not listed on the YP after 2 hours running continuously please post your DNAS logs.
ok, sry for writng here again. I did what you said. After about 1:30 h, still i wasn't listed
Here's my log.
Attached Files
File Type: log sc_serv.log (1.7 KB, 299 views)
Azgrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 15:44   #9
thinktink
Forum King

Nothing particularly interesting stands out that might be directly causing the problem with the YP in your logs, at least nothing my untrained eye saw.

I just ran a test and I was able to get listed in just slightly over 10 minutes.

Are you connecting to the DNAS with the SHOUTcast DSP or are you connecting with something else? Please post your public IP address (as shown by http://www.whatismyip.com/ ) and your current DNAS config (without the passwords.)
Old 9th December 2010, 18:20   #10
boboclan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinktink View Post
Try this, it's for Win7 but should still work for Vista. Apply the changes to the config file:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=322674
I tried it but am still getting the same problem. Now I see why people hate vista...lol
I am now fighting another new problem yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Cannot see your station/computer
Still trying the solutions on the forum. Any help will be apppreciated.
Old 9th December 2010, 20:20   #11
thinktink
Forum King

I hate Vista and 7. Sometimes when someone calls me to help them with those kinds of systems I don't answer the phone. Sometimes...

Anyways, I did a google search and found some stuff that might work better for taking ownership/granting permissions:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67...ship-file.html
http://www.ocmodshop.com/ocmodshop.aspx?a=851
http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/inde...sta-windows-7/
http://www.vista4beginners.com/Chang...take-ownership

Do the same for not just the config file itself but also the folder it's in.

Failing that wait for someone with more experience than me with Vista/7 to reply.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
config, error, file, listings, password