Old 1st March 2020, 13:46   #1
Lesto

Can e-cigarettes help me quit smoking?

Are e-cigarettes worth using when trying to quit smoking? How long does it take to quit smoking using e-cigs?
Lesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2020, 14:02   #2
NJK
FRYSK BLOED TSJOCH OP- FRISIAN

no best way is just to quit or talk to a support line or your doc

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

Nope, it's not a radiostation just a non stop darkwave music stream

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2020, 14:46   #3
Lesto

Maybe you are right
Lesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2020, 14:48   #4
NJK
FRYSK BLOED TSJOCH OP- FRISIAN

E cigs are already proven to be bad for people

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

Nope, it's not a radiostation just a non stop darkwave music stream

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2020, 06:31   #5
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

They'll help you quit cigarettes, but in my case, only made nicotine addiction stronger, given that they're more potent and more convenient than cigs. Nicotine gum worked better for quitting; I was able to taper of smokes & vapes, and then eventually the gum itself, over the course of a year (by chewing smaller and smaller pieces. I've been nicotine free for over a year and a half, now.

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2020, 03:48   #6
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
From the research I've read and the experience I've had helping people, I have noticed that one person's best way to quit isn't necessarily the next person's best way. In many cases, it pays to figure out what you get from smoking, and find new ways of getting that in healthier ways.

Some things that cause smoking to be attractive to people are appetite suppressant, social gathering excuse, excuse to get a break from work or whatever else you need a break from, kinesthetic fidget fixation, satisfying a nicotine addiction, a rebellious act against those the preach annoyingly, taste, a mild high, slight stress relief, image portrayal, something to occupy time when bored, etc.

Each of those things can be achieved by a healthier alternative, and for some people, simply figuring out what smoking gives them that they like can lead to exploration of the corresponding alternatives. Hopefully then an addict could find something that is as accessible and affordable while being healthier.

I had a friend that once told me what I later found out is a pretty common joke, "Quitting isn't so hard. I plan on quitting at least 4 more times before this night is through."

The ex-smoker that I know best caught his teenage son smoking (I'm neither him nor the son), and rather than yelling, punishing, or preaching, he decided to have a talk and attempt quitting together. It was hell for both of them while going through the quitting process, and in the end, there were mixed results. It worked well for him but not his son, who is at a rate of around 2 packs over 3 days time these days, which is at least a bit lower than it used to be.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2020, 07:04   #7
Fishermanmax

Does e-cigarette help you quit smoking? Not. She's helping tobacco companies get addicted to youth!

Everything is very simple. Vaping liquids contain nicotine. The one that is addictive to cigarettes. Young people are deceived by advertisements for "safe" gadgets and, without noticing it, become addicted.

Electronic cigarettes contain the same nicotine as regular cigarettes.

Do e-cigarettes help you quit smoking? Not. But to find nicotine addiction - yes.

Do not succumb to deception and take care of your loved ones!

Personal experience. Lately, I constantly wanted to sleep, I did not understand anything at all. Performance dropped to zero. Moreover, I had no appetite at all and my blood pressure increased. To know exactly what was happening to me, I had to see a doctor, which I did. After the tests, it turned out that I almost have angina !!! There was nothing to smoke cigarettes, it was in them that I felt bad. Of course, he immediately recovered and tried to quit. But, not everything is so simple, the body wanted nicotine all the time. To this end, he took a smoking cure, which was advised by a friend at work. Now everything is fine, the craving for smoking has passed, although I did not really believe in the remedy.
Fishermanmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions