today I rebuilt one of my installers in order to update some of the files included. The installer is using the "inetc" plug-in and I noticed that the text in the "Cancel" button (while downloading) had disappeared! Since the installer script had not been modified, I was quite surprised. My next thought was about the plug-in versions. So I extracted the plug-in DLL's from the "old" working binary of the installer. I discovered that I was still building with the very same "inetc.dll" (latest version available) but had updated the "aero.dll" in the meantime! And indeed, switching back to the older "aero.dll" resolved the issue. So I believe this might be a bug in your "aero" plug-in
Aero.DLL version 2012-03-10:
Aero.DLL version 2012-05-27:
Really only change is the Aero.DLL. I'm using Unicode NSIS (v2.46.5) , in case that matters.
Thanks and keep up the good work,