X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xfullmetal17
    • Nov 2013

I have a random question... Can I use the Combined Community Codec Pack with Winamp? (mainly, if I load up a video in Winamp can it use the codecs in that pack to play it)

Comment

• Raj_09
      • Oct 2011

I was so sad about the news that Winamp is closing that I did not have time to check the changes in the new version. Great work guys! I love the skinned menus.
      Powering through with the bolt

Comment

• Tipsy Snake
        • Jan 2008

Bug Report

Something was broken.
        Unfortunately, there is a problem with Unicode in version 5.66:
        In media library, when entering Russian symbols in search field and then switching to another view and back, I see squares or question marks instead of previously entered symbols. Strangely, but in "Audio" view symbols are output correctly after switching view, but in every other — not. ("Remember search filters in media and album views" option is turned on in the settings.)

P.S. I love you, Winamp. You are my one and only.

Comment

• OlexijL
          • Jan 2004

@Snake: Confirmed...

Comment

• Skeletal
            • Nov 2013

Playlist - what is going on?

As much as I'm excited by a new version, and saddened that this is the final version, I'm wanting to know what's happened to the Playlist.

I normally have my Playlist setup to Enqueue files by Default so they queue up behind what I've already got in my list, but with this new version there appears to be some new "features" that have been added. As song as you double click on some songs, it starts playing them automatically. This is not so bad: to disable it you just go to Preferences > General > File Types > Shell Options > enable the "Add Enqueue & Play" option, then select the "Add files to the queue for delayed playback" option. Easy.

But what have they done with the order of the Playlist? Now when I add a bunch of tracks to a Playlist that already has tracks in it, a sequential list of numbers appears in the Playlist next to each song (next to the time length of each track), and it will play the Playlist in the order that this new numbering system has applied. This means that if I start playing a track further down the queue, and it hasn't gone thru it's other sequential numbers, it will jump back to the first in it's list [1], and won't play the next track in my queue. Geez, if I wanted to have random songs playing then I'd turn on the Shuffle button! I've searched thru the Playlist options in Preferences and there doesn't seem to be any option to turn this off - does anyone know how?

Cheers.

Comment

• OlexijL
              • Jan 2004

In 5.65 there is a problem with the registration data (Pro license) removal. I usually use 5.581 for this... (testing function purpose)

Just wanted to say...

In 5.66 this button is removed.

Comment

• Aminifu
                Forum King
                • Aug 2011

Originally Posted by Skeletal View Post
                But what have they done with the order of the Playlist? Now when I add a bunch of tracks to a Playlist that already has tracks in it, a sequential list of numbers appears in the Playlist next to each song (next to the time length of each track), and it will play the Playlist in the order that this new numbering system has applied. This means that if I start playing a track further down the queue, and it hasn't gone thru it's other sequential numbers, it will jump back to the first in it's list [1], and won't play the next track in my queue. Geez, if I wanted to have random songs playing then I'd turn on the Shuffle button! I've searched thru the Playlist options in Preferences and there doesn't seem to be any option to turn this off - does anyone know how?
                Yes, the enqueue only option for the Playlist Editor was broken (it now acts just like enqueue & play). I expect DrO will fix it after the AOL shutdown is resolved. Your work-a-round to use the queue is a partial solution.

There are some options for controlling how the queue works (such as text formatting in the Playlist Editor) in the General Preferences; Jump To File - Queue Options tab and Jump To File - Display tab.

There may be more, but those are all I've been able to find.

You can even chose to load your entire playlist into the queue when Winamp starts (see Jump To File - Queue List tab) and do all playback from the Queue Manager instead of the Playlist Editor.
                Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v4.1 skin
                Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

• hitokage
                  • May 2009

There seems to be several people in this thread that missed this post in this thread - in particular the section below:
                  Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
                  <snip>So, what remains (and can still be created / fixed):<end snippet>
                  <snip>
                  + Pro features (unlocked in final version!)
                  <end snippet>
                  I've been using Winamp for over ten years. I hope it does continue on, but I'd prefer it be someone other than Microsoft.

Comment

• zepper
                    • Jul 2005

@hitokage, have you downloaded the pro version? I just checked and it's not available.

Comment

• Raj_09
                      • Oct 2011

Originally Posted by zepper View Post
                      @hitokage, have you downloaded the pro version? I just checked and it's not available.
                      @ zepper:
                      From the changelog: The Pro & Full installers are the same for this release (No OpenCandy/Emusic/AOLSearch/Toolbar).
                      Powering through with the bolt

Comment

• zepper
                        • Jul 2005

Two features of pro are native mp4 video support and mp3 encoding. I don't have either of those but will check the installer again. Yes I did remove mp4 from direct show and added it to "in_mp4.dll" but still just get only sound.

Comment

• DJ Egg
                          Spectral Techorator
                          • Jun 2000

@xfullmetal17
                          Yes. If the relevant file extensions are configured to be handled by in_dshow only (e.g. add ;FLV;MP4;AVI etc) to in_dshow config, remove MP4 from in_mp4 config, remove in_avi.dll & in_flv.dll... see here for more info...
                          What is Winamp? Why is Winamp? How is Winamp? All these burning questions and issues discussed within.

@Tipsy Snake
                          Bug confirmed. Thanks.

@zepper
                          What's the video codec/format of the MP4 files?
                          Copy & paste here the Format Info section from Alt+3 for one of those mp4 videos.

@Skeletal
                          Yup, it's known about.... :-(
                          Did you find a bug in Winamp? Can you reproduce it? Let us know, we'll try to fix it as soon as possible!

Did you find a bug in Winamp? Can you reproduce it? Let us know, we'll try to fix it as soon as possible!

Playlist | Twitter | Albums

Comment

• zepper
                            • Jul 2005

DJ when it's configured to "in_mp4.dll" the interface shows Audio: MPEG-4 AAC LC, Video: H264 Baseline@3.

In Direct Show they all just say ffdshow codecs with Bitrate and Average FPS info. I ran them with VLC and their codec information says they're H264 MPEG-4 AVC (Part 10).

When I try to encode .wav or .wma to mp3 it says I need a pro version to do that so it isn't just the videos. In preferences it's asking for a registration key. Maybe I missed something in the installer?

Comment

• DJ Egg
                              Spectral Techorator
                              • Jun 2000

@zepper
                              It means that you haven't registered Winamp Pro,
                              therefore the Pro features (including h264 playback with in_mp4/in_avi/in_nsv/etc., and mp3 encoding) are still locked.

You do have a valid registration key, right?

Winamp > Prefs > Winamp Pro (top page of Prefs tree) > Enter Registration Key.

If you can't see the Winamp Pro page in Prefs, then it means you've got the Lite'N Winamp Preferences plugin (gen_nopro.dll) installed from the Essentials Pack.
                              Go to: Prefs > Plug-ins > General Pupose > gen_nopro > config
                              and uncheck Winamp Pro from the hidden pages menu.

Playlist | Twitter | Albums

Comment

• zepper
                                • Jul 2005

Ok maybe I'm reading something wrong but this post states that pro would be unlocked for the final version. Are you still requiring a purchase of a registration key? I don't mind doing that if need be given all the years of an excellent program for free.

Comment

Working...
                                X