Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Old 14th May 2000, 08:17   #1
Fhala

Due to my computer installing Winamp on my C drive when we installed a new program, the Winamp I had on my D drive was uninstalled. My winamp there at the time, had about 20-30 winamp skins that I had all either completed or was still in the process of working on. I also had EVERY single mp3 I had downloaded over the past months (129 MBs worth, approximately 40-45 songs altogether) in the playlist. When the Winamp in my D drive was uninstalled, EVERY single skin and MP3 was deleted and never to be seen again. It had taken me so long to download all those MP3s and make all those songs, and now they are all gone. Something should be done to Winamp so that it doens't delete all of your precious files when it is uninstalled.
Fhala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2000, 22:23   #2
old and quite mad
Major Dude

I am truly sorry for your loss.
Do the words "back" and "up" now have new meaning for you?
old and quite mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2000, 23:57   #3
gandalf
Moderator Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to gandalf
Are you sure the mp3s were deleted ? last time i checked the uninstaller didnt have a "search through my old playlist and delete everything you find" option. The only possibility would be that you stored the MP3s in winamps directory, in which case it serves you right for having files you wanted to keep on a folder about to be nuked
gandalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2000, 02:36   #4
Mr. Ice
Captain Moderator

gandalf, i agree. however, i think that the uninstall routine should be changed so that it leaves any skins and plugins that aren't part of the standard winamp install. other programs leave those type of things alone and winamp should too. just my 2 cents.
Mr. Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2000, 04:44   #5
Fhala

Yes, they were truly deleted. Yes I had the skins in the Winamp directory. No I did not have the mp3's in a winamp directory. I have looked for other things to blame on the disapearance of those files on other problems, but every one of them has been proved not to effect it at all. Those files only had something to do with Winamp, but none other program. Also, I downloaded the light version, and made it integrate all my mp3 files with the program. I didn't integrate any other sound files with Winamp, and all those were left perfectly fine on the hard drive.
Fhala is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports