Old 10th August 2011, 03:34   #1
digiSal

AOL_Logger filling up my log

All of a sudden I am getting these messages

code:
msg:virtual void AOL_logger::consoleLogger_element::log(const AOL_logger::message&) Error writing to console - write issue

station been up for a few days. just started today. looks like it started after the log rotated.
digiSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 08:49   #2
DrO

assuming you're running on linux and it's the v2 DNAS you're referring to, i think it's due to the shell instance going away as the rotate will release the shell allowing it to close in some cases it seems. i've not been able to reproduce it which makes it trickier to implement a fix.

the easiest work around is to add screenlog=0 to your config file, though that means only the log viewer on the admin pages or looking at the log files will allow you to see what is going on (not sure if that would be an issue or not).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 03:21   #3
digiSal

Do i have start and stop the server every time i make change to the Config file? I see the option to Reload All Stream Configurations, but it doesnt seem to work. Is that for something else?
digiSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 09:36   #4
DrO

not all config options are covered by the reload stream configuration option - it primarily works against streamxxx config entries. for global config options then you would need to restart the DNAS e.g. changing screenlog would require a restart.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2016, 13:42   #5
Yusadolat

Hello, I'm currently facing the above problem and have set the screenlog=0 but the problem persists. How else can i solve this please
Yusadolat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
aol_logger, log, rotate