Old 9th November 2001, 01:03   #1
net-cruizer

SHOUTcast DSP ads

Well... it's been quite some time now that the current SHOUTcast DSP plugin has been released, and still no fix for Minimizing it.
As I have stated somewhere else here that there's probably a reason why they haven't and why the dsp plugin window is so big, is that they "Nullsoft" must be workin on putting ads in.
As Winamp itself is not an internet based application, ads whould not make sense, but the SHOUTcast plugin on the other hand is, therefore, ads could be placed on it.
Hopefully I am wrong, as it does seem that the Nullsoft team is against advertising, but I have not seen any response or fix to why the SHOUTcast plugin can't be minimized which is very annoying.
net-cruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2001, 08:06   #2
Jay
Moderator Alumni

hmmm a little paranoid are we?

The guy who wrote the last plugin update got laid off so that is probably where the slow down is, don't worry be happy just get the old one
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2001, 00:04   #3
net-cruizer

lol, actually I'm not paranoid, nor do I care if there was ads on the plugin or not. I just thought if I wrote what I did, it may spark some kind of attention.
Damb, I didn't know the person got laid off. I guess that would explain it. And as for the older plugin... the new one seems to work better than the older one, so I don't really want to go back to it.
Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait till a newer version does come out, till then, there will be no streaming tunez from me.
net-cruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions