Old 5th July 2002, 22:18   #1
nfinitefx_

Send a message via AIM to nfinitefx_
Living = Awesome

I feel very glad to be alive today. Last night as some of you know that I told, I was in a car accident last night. It was one of the most terrifying things I have ever gone through in my life. The story goes,
I was driving home from my girlfriends last night. I was nearly home and I had just rounded a bend in the road. An ancoming truck flashed his high beams at me as if I had mine on. I flashed him back, and I was somewhat blinded by his brights. The next thing I saw was a car sitting in the road 25 feet from me. I slammed my breaks but I was unable to stop. I hit the back of a Buick doing about 25-30MPH. My seatbelt locked and my airbags deployed. They saved my life. Had I not been wearing them I am sure I wouldn't be here right now. After the accident the people I hit took off from the scene and didn't return. It turns out they had been drinking, and the woman had a suspened licence. I was issued a ticked for Failure To Stop within a an assured clear distance. I am so very lucky right now, My 95 Nissan Altima has some body work instore for it, however the Buick I hit was totaled. They have no trunk, no back axel, no back tires and no front right tire. I just want to let everyone here know that driving can, and is still very dangerous. If you see someone getting in a car after they have been drinking, please stop them. Prevent an accident or even a death.
nfinitefx_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2002, 22:20   #2
apollos
Forum King

Bleddy hell! I like doing extreme things but this is beyond

life sucks 99% of the time. Why is that so??
apollos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2002, 22:25   #3
nfinitefx_

I dunno:/
Nothing works out like it's susposed to it seems.
Old 5th July 2002, 22:25   #4
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Send a message via Yahoo to pixiefied
sorry dude for that accident...but you could have fought that ticket too.and as far as people telling other people not to drive after they've been drinking...its hard to get them to listen! the dumbasses out there that think they are invinsible and think they will never get a ticket while driving drunk or even with just a few beers in them are the ones causing these accidents!

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
pixiefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2002, 22:27   #5
nfinitefx_

Yep, I agree. It's hard to stop someone who is drunk and think that they can do anything that they normally do. They just don't realize just how dangerous they are. Turns out they both had been picked up on DUI and drug charges before. I'm hoping they don't have insurance, that would help my situation out.
Old 5th July 2002, 22:29   #6
patroclus22
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to patroclus22 Send a message via Yahoo to patroclus22
Glad that you weren't hurt. Car accidents suck. I've been in a couple... I'd hate to see what your insurance is going to look like, though.

Flypaper for the walking wounded since 1997
patroclus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2002, 22:33   #7
nfinitefx_

Me too. I'm only 17
Old 5th July 2002, 23:08   #8
capitan3
Major Dude

Deja Vu !!!!

It happen to me the same, but slammed my sentra on to an expedition mine was totaled, but if for not the seat bealt and air bags, i would not be writing this. also the other woman was drunk and with no insurance and stoped in middle of the street to see an address number. i had some rehab on my knees. and i got a ticket . But im glad im here.

Capitan3
capitan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2002, 23:27   #9
cmisker
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to cmisker Send a message via AIM to cmisker Send a message via Yahoo to cmisker
Quote:
Originally posted by Inatlantis
life sucks 99% of the time. Why is that so??
I really disagree! I think life DOESN'T suck 99% of the time. It's awesome. I love life!

Wanna see my Winamp 3?
cmisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2002, 00:26   #10
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
life is a terminal illness...
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2002, 01:41   #11
rm'
Banned

and death is the final stage of a pregnancy.
rm' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2002, 01:46   #12
Huehuetenango
Forum King

glad to hear that you're ok, nfinitefx

you must be able to fight that ticket, seems that events were all conspiring against you at that moment in time

and remember: live life that even the undertaker mourns your passing (or something like that)
Huehuetenango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2002, 02:17   #13
nfinitefx_

Thanks to everyone so much for all your kind words. Lets all try to do our part in keeping drunks off the road. In the meantime however take a look at some pictures I took today with my netcam, they are kinda low res so excuse that, but they get the point across.
http://nfinitefx.***********/car_wreck/
Old 6th July 2002, 04:31   #14
Trigear
bear!

glad you're ok. get those bastards' details and sue their asses. no point wasting a perfectly good liability suit...
Trigear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2002, 19:07   #15
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Send a message via Yahoo to pixiefied
Quote:
Originally posted by rm'
and death is the final stage of a pregnancy.

im female..you better explain this

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
pixiefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2002, 21:07   #16
7icha7d

Send a message via ICQ to 7icha7d
Quote:
Originally posted by cmisker

I really disagree! I think life DOESN'T suck 99% of the time. It's awesome. I love life!
I agree, but there's nothing more annoying than someone who goes around saying they love life when you hate it. I used to do it all the time 'till people had *words* with me.

"Curiosity, kitten, doesn't have to mean you're on your own"
7icha7d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2002, 15:35   #17
nfinitefx_

Well, once again thank you for all your kind words. Here's a rundown of what's going to happen now.

The insurance company is coming on monday to take pictures and make an assment of the damage. I've already been looking around for parts and I figure I'm going to need around $3500 in parts. The most expensive thing is going to be to replace the two airbags, apparently those are about $1000 a peice. I'm glad I just have to pay the $250 deductable. Next, court. I have decided to fight the ticket and see if I can't get it taken away because I never saw any tail lights on the car until I was right on them. Apparently the car didn't have any lights on or working. Hopefully I will be able to get rid of my ticket. I do have the cops backing me up on this one because he confirmed that there was open alcohol in the car, the paramedics also confirmed this, they could smell it when they walked up to the car. So thats the rundown as of now, i'll be interested to see what my estimate for the car is going to be, I hope i'm somewhat right with my figures
Old 8th July 2002, 15:01   #18
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
Hell yes. Fight that ticket. You're not responsible for this wreck.

I'm glad you're ok.

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

47 65 6C 61 65 64 2E 63 6F 6D 00
Curi0us_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2002, 15:12   #19
J. Burnaway
Forum King

Send a message via Yahoo to J. Burnaway
Fight that ticket - it might keep your insurance from going up. Find out if the other driver has insurance, and file your claim with them (you can probably get your insurance company to help with this). Do whatever you can.
I flipped my Miata on the freeway, and rode it to a stop upside down. My health insurance took care of my injuries, and I didn't hit anyone else, so I still got a "good drivers" discount! (It also helped that it wasn't my fault)
J. Burnaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2002, 18:57   #20
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
heh, been there, done that, and got a dislocated shoulder and blinded for a month for my trouble.

First off, if they hadn't their lights on and it was dark, then the law states that they are responsible, and could go so far as to get charged with reckless endangerment of life. At the very least, you should get your ticket revoked.

I don't know about there, but here, if you are in an accident and the oter driver was over the limit, no matter how the accident happened he is responsible (you could ram him and the law wouldn't charge you).

Like my photography? Buy some here....
. - .... .- -. .... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2002, 19:15   #21
spookz

thought imports folded up like cardboard against good ol buicks

sPooKZ
spookz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2002, 19:33   #22
BMWboy

fight the ticket, if they didn't have their lights on, it is not your fault.

I've been lucky, insofar as I have never had a major accident that invloved another car. the only time I've actually hit another car was when I backed into a guy at the McDonalds drive-thru. luckly, there was no damage to either car. One of the best things you can do, in terms of avoiding having charges brought against you is to make sure the first thing you say to the other driver is "Are you OK?" this little sentance can get you out of a shitload of legal trouble. This is espically important if you are the one that caused the accident. I have a friend who broadsided a car because he (my friend) ran a red light. no one was injured, and the first thing my friend said was "are you OK". the other driver said that that made all the difference in the world, and that if he hand't said that, and also assumed responsiblity for the accident from the outright, he would have pressed charges.
BMWboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2002, 19:36   #23
eleet-2k2
Forum King

I'm glad to hear you're ok, nfinitefx_! That must have been very scary.

Pixie --> death is the final stage of pregnancy, because in pregnancy, you give birth to a new life, adn the final stage of that pregnancy is when that child grows up and dies.

"Welcome to the Island of people who know too much."..."Did you really think balloons would stop him?!"
See what I'm listening too.
eleet-2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2002, 20:25   #24
nfinitefx_

Not only was I, but the cops and everyone else very impressed with my import It handed out a beating to an american car Anyhow, the body shop came today and took the Altima, it's gone for a week to 10 days, hopefully it will come back nicer than ever I'm hoping to swing them for the Sport Airdam on the bumper and maybe the sweet looking TSW fenders. Dunno though, i'm not sure what all insurance will cover as far as parts. I go to court this Friday, wish me luck!
Old 8th July 2002, 21:29   #25
spookz

good luck tho u seem to have had loads of it so far

sPooKZ
spookz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2002, 09:48   #26
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
Quote:
Originally posted by BMWboy
the only time I've actually hit another car was when I backed into a guy at the McDonalds drive-thru. luckly, there was no damage to either car.
Been there, done that. I cracked my front license-plate holder, though. The guy had one of those "hitch extenders" or whatever, which puts the hitch farther behind the bed than normal. It was about one foot closer than I expected it to be, and I just slowly drove into it. :/

I did get hit by a semi-truck once, though. Having your brakes go out and then rolling into the highway is bad. :/ tweren't nothin left o' that MX6.

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

Old 11th July 2002, 03:46   #27
nfinitefx_

Well, I got the total for the body work today. I'm not too blown away.
$4100 total
hehe
The most 'spensive things are the two air bags that need to be replaced. Those are $1900 together.
Then when it gets back it's gonna need new tires sicne the ones I've got on there now are definatly uneven. So probably $150-200 for new tires. I also struck a deal with my grandpa that if he would buy me new tires, I would buy new rims for the car, I've got a nice pair picked out that don't break the bank and look pretty flashy too
Then the engine lookover and that should about do it

Once again, thank god for airbags and seatbelts, they saved my life.
Old 11th July 2002, 03:53   #28
Jon Deaux
Major Dude

I'm glad you are ok, that is the important part.
You really should fight the ticket, as well as bring a lawsuit against the drunk.

"Nothing really matters much to me"-Freddie Mercury
Jon Deaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2002, 04:14   #29
BMWboy

Quote:
Originally posted by Curi0us_George

Been there, done that. I cracked my front license-plate holder, though. The guy had one of those "hitch extenders" or whatever, which puts the hitch farther behind the bed than normal. It was about one foot closer than I expected it to be, and I just slowly drove into it. :/
I've done worse to a license plate. about 2 months after I got my car, I spun it off the road doing about 50mph. thats when I realized my car is as solid as a tank. the total damage was a front license plate that was literally folded in half, a smashed foglight, and a tire knocked off the rim. to give you an idea of how fast I was going when I left the road surface, I had small rocks in the three tires that were still on the rim. they were driven in through the rim and the side of the tire. luckly, I knew the owner of the local car shop, and I got all my tires fixed for free. he was also going to do an alignment, but my car didn't need it, which suprised the hell out of everyone.
BMWboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2002, 05:32   #30
nfinitefx_

I would like to go for a lawsuit or some kind of thing, but I don't think that the people would really be able to pay up. They don't look like they have a lot of money and what they do have the blow on drinking:/ Sad way to spend your money.
Old 11th July 2002, 06:11   #31
Jon Deaux
Major Dude

"I would like to go for a lawsuit or some kind of thing, but I don't think that the people would really be able to pay up."

It might still be worth doing.
A lawyer would take the case on consignment, and the drunks insurance company would have to pick up the tab.
I'm death on DWI's because my best friend Sherry (she was 6) was run over and killed by a drunk while playing in her front yard when I was 7....the drunk passed out and the car jumped the curb. I'd just gone inside to get us cold drinks or you would'nt be reading this now.
One of the stupidest things a person can do is get behind the wheel drunk, stoned, or medicated (tha wobbly kind).

R.I.P.
Sherry Bernard.
I'll love you forever.

"Nothing really matters much to me"-Freddie Mercury
Jon Deaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2002, 14:05   #32
nfinitefx_

Well, the easy part is over now. Time to brek out my anti-lawsuit hat now. I went to Juv. Court this morning for my ticket. Since it was only a traffic case unless you had a lawyer there you weren't getting away from the charges. You could plead Not True and have it streched out into trial and such but I just swolled my pride and pled True to my ACAD charge. I got 2 points on my licence and a $80 fine. The points will be gone in 2 years though. However, like I said the easy part is now over. Now comes the insurance battle which I am going to win. I will not pay for drunks to have their car fixed. They are going to be out of a car and out of insurance as well. To hell with them. If they don't get some kind of charge, which they will get for not coming back to the scene, I will not stand by and let them raise my insurance.
Old 12th July 2002, 14:23   #33
Curi0us_George
Forum King

I would have at least tried. :/

Old 14th July 2002, 02:51   #34
nfinitefx_

Quote:
Originally posted by Curi0us_George
I would have at least tried. :/
After going over the lookout of things I decided just to pay the fine and take my points because, in the long run court costs and lawyer fees would cost more than the ticket, and my insurance would have still gone up since I was in an accident. It's better just to cut my losses and go for the fine. I don't intend to let the insurance company pay for the other party's car though. They were drunk, she had a suspended licence and probably no insurance. There is no way I will pay for someone elses choice to drive on a suspened licence.
Old 14th July 2002, 03:11   #35
Shenlong
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Shenlong Send a message via Yahoo to Shenlong
I've been in a few accidents before, some of which happened while I was driving and others while my friends were driving. I've never had to deal with anything like you're dealing with on the insurance part though. I can't say much, other than "That sucks, dude"...

A very close Japanese friend I knew a while ago once said to me "Watashi no koto wo oboeta, onegai shimasu...Yakusoku?"

I forgot his name though...
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2002, 02:20   #36
nfinitefx_

It's definatly a crap deal. Like I said though sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move on.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions