Old 9th December 2006, 06:26   #1
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
What kind of gun is this?

http://www4.army.mil/armyimages/army...hp?photo=11178

Searching through the US Army images, I came across this picture of a US Soldier using what's apparently called a "PK3" 9mm SMG...It peakes my curiosity because; A. It's something I've never seen before, and B. I've never heard of a "PK3" before...Just as unfamiliar I am to this thing, I can't for the life of me find any info on what this thing could be...Searching up "PK3" on Google brings me jack shit (Albeit I do get other US Army pages, and this just brings me right back to the same damn thing )...

Any gun enthusiasts here familiar with this thing, or have a clue what it might be?

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 06:55   #2
Namelessv1
Forum King

It looks a lot like an uzi.
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 07:46   #3
rockouthippie
Banned

I dunno what that is. PK would mean Pulemyot Kalashnikova, (machinegun Kalishnikov) but all the guns in my catalog here show those to be medium power anti-armor weapons.

I'm guessing this is enemy weaponry. It is really unusual, notice the trigger guard is in front of the mag.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 13:15   #4
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
It's a PM-98, an upgraded version of the PM-84. Manufactured in Poland, designed for short range combat, such as antiterrorist situations.

Like my photography? Buy some here....
. - .... .- -. .... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 14:50   #5
JFASI
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by ethan_h
It's a PM-98, an upgraded version of the PM-84. Manufactured in Poland, designed for short range combat, such as antiterrorist situations.

[Image]

Yay for Poland!

Certified Spam Connoisseur.
JFASI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 15:04   #6
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
I'm guessing this is enemy weaponry. It is really unusual, notice the trigger guard is in front of the mag.
Isn't that the definition of bullpup?

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 16:42   #7
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally posted by k_rock923
Bullpup designs have both the magazine and action located behind the trigger...

With the PK3, they're all pretty much grouped on top of each other, since the magazine is placed in direct proximity of the trigger...Same design with the IMI Uzi, Ingram MAC-10, Ruger MP9, et al...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 10th December 2006, 07:39   #8
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Doesn't look like something I would hunt with.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 09:07   #9
sgtfuzzbubble011

Depends on what you're hunting... If you're hunting LOTS of rabbits, that'd work out quite well.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 10:22   #10
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Rabbits (and other fast ground animals) never die of a second shot when I hunt. I either kill them at first shot or miss every shot. Now I don't even bother with a second unless the first was a non-fatal hit to begin with and the second is easy. I've even tried semi-auto shotguns and 10-22's (22 rifle with a superfast semi-auto clip) and still never hit a rabbit after a first-shot miss. Luckily I'm pretty good at making the first a hit.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 11:31   #11
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

You're probably using the wrong kind of .22 rifle; Get an AR-15...But if you wanna keep the thing in one piece if you're going to eat the meat, then I'll take back my suggestion...

Old 10th December 2006, 17:29   #12
sgtfuzzbubble011

AR-15? Pffft. AR-50 ftw.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 17:43   #13
DJ ROACH
Chick God
[Major Dude]

Send a message via AIM to DJ ROACH
That looks like one of the weapons our navy seals use.
My uncle was a gun dealer and bought one similar too that once upon a time, course I was like 12 or 13 when I saw it.
That was about 15 years ago.

How ever if you need to kill every mother fucker in the room I would go with the AA12 automatic shoty.
DJ ROACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 18:57   #14
squakMix
wwwyzzerdd
(Forum King)

DJROACH: Jesus christ. Wouldn't want to run into somebody with one of those.
squakMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 22:22   #15
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by k_rock923
Sort of, I guess. I think that's more referring to a standard rifle that's been equipped with a bullpup stock. I think a bullpup sucks, because it blows crap all over you. The reciever is in the buttstock.

I think this weapon would be considered a machine pistol or submachinegun. It also doesn't look like the trigger is activated by an op rod, like in a bullpup, it looks intergrated into the reciever.
Old 10th December 2006, 22:55   #16
DJ ROACH
Chick God
[Major Dude]

Send a message via AIM to DJ ROACH
Quote:
Originally posted by squakMix
DJROACH: Jesus christ. Wouldn't want to run into somebody with one of those.
nor would I, I would realy hate to run into some one with this funny little AM10 sub machine gun. can you say I just fired $150 dollars in ammo in about 30sec.
DJ ROACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 01:33   #17
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by sgtfuzzbubble99
AR-15? Pffft. AR-50 ftw.
.50 BMG?

That's what you use on your neighbor's bark-all-damn-night dog...

Quote:
Sort of, I guess. I think that's more referring to a standard rifle that's been equipped with a bullpup stock. I think a bullpup sucks, because it blows crap all over you. The reciever is in the buttstock.
Bullpup designs have been typically used on assult rifles; I've never heard of an SMG with a bullpup layout...Steyr makes a 9mm version of the AUG that could probably be considered an SMG, due to it's already carbine-small size and the use of pistol cartridges...But other than that, I've never heard of a bullpup SMG...

I think the FN P90 is a much better bullpup design, since the magazine attaches to the top, parallel to the barrel, and the weight balance isn't thrown off (Typical bullpup assult rifles are weighted towards the rear, where the action, magazine, and stock are all located)...But because of the magazine design/placement, empty cartridges are ejected downwards; That's the only bad thing about that...

I'll stick with the traditional assult rifle layout, thank you...

Old 11th December 2006, 01:52   #18
rockouthippie
Banned

I like shooting rifles, but if push comes to shove, I'd just rather have a good ol' shotgun.

Non fancy Ithaca riot gun is fine.
Old 11th December 2006, 02:08   #19
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Not really much for shotguns, but a Winchester M1897 would do me fine...

Old 11th December 2006, 18:04   #20
General Geoff
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to General Geoff Send a message via AIM to General Geoff
Riot guns have their place. Mossberg 590 for me.

As for rifles, Springfield M1A's next on my shopping list.

But as of right now I'm waiting for my FN Five-seveN USG to arrive.

General Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 18:12   #21
rockouthippie
Banned

FN's are good guns. Back when I was more of a buff, I had a Steyr and an L1A1.

Those auto weapons tax stamps get awful spendy.

The reason I like shotguns is that they have some interesting characteristics for urban conflict. Among them is the way shotguns can "crawl" pavement or concrete walls.

For example, if someone is shooting at you from behind a car, shoot the pavement under the car. You'll saw dudes ankles off.

And I doubt there is a sound as truly scary as a pump action shotgun. It sends the instant message that hanging around might be very unhealthy.
Old 11th December 2006, 18:19   #22
General Geoff
Major Dude

You're preaching to the choir with me. My 590 is sitting next to my bed, loaded with 9 rounds of 00 buck.

Old 11th December 2006, 19:31   #23
Mattress
Forum King

I got a bunch of rifles and a shotgun from my dad recently. Haven't been out to shoot yet though. Need to find ammo for one of them...
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 20:11   #24
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
Quote:
Originally posted by General Geoff
You're preaching to the choir with me. My 590 is sitting next to my bed, loaded with 9 rounds of 00 buck.
Screw that - if I'm going after rabbits, I want a fucking Rail Gun!! Watch those bastards run then.....

Like my photography? Buy some here....
. - .... .- -. .... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 22:04   #25
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
And I doubt there is a sound as truly scary as a pump action shotgun. It sends the instant message that hanging around might be very unhealthy.
"Run like hell or face the fury of a couple dozen pellets in your face"?

Shotguns make great for lawyer extermination too, though unlike Cheney, I would advice something stronger than a 20-guage against those pesky rodents...

Old 11th December 2006, 22:23   #26
General Geoff
Major Dude

Warning: Owner carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

Old 24th February 2007, 02:03   #27
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Hmm...*bump*

Google searching for anything related to the PK3 SMG brings up this thread in the search results...Yay, I've left my mark!

But that's not what this is for...I'm still not much for shotguns, but looking at this thread and what I posted reminded me of something when it comes to shotguns; The Benelli M4 Super 90 is pure pwnage...

Old 24th February 2007, 05:08   #28
hgnis
Hobbit Humper
Forum King

Say hello to my lil friend...

I am so important I feel the need to let it be known like a liberal discovering the internets for the first time. Uh hur hur hur. I also wash myself with a rag on a stick.
Realitybites
<3
hgnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2007, 05:18   #29
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

If only he joined the US military, he'd know how to shoot that cannon a little better...

Old 24th February 2007, 05:19   #30
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

...Or if he played Halo more often
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2007, 05:30   #31
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

He should've stuck with CS; It's like real life, only you get to spawn...

*feels a reference to FPS Doug coming up*

[edit]false alarm[/edit]

[edit2]Oh, and another thing about shotguns; Look at this experimental XM26 LSS attachment for the M16/M4 rifle...[/edit2]

Old 24th February 2007, 05:33   #32
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Ummm, Halo allows a respawn. It's 5 seconds for typical death (murder), and an additional 5, 10, and 15 second interval if you commited suicide or multiple betrayals.
Old 24th February 2007, 05:34   #33
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

I don't play Halo so I don't know...

...then again, I don't play CS either...I just watch my cousin play it every now and then...

Old 25th February 2007, 11:30   #34
Smeggle
Just Strolling By
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by . - .... .- -. ....
Screw that - if I'm going after rabbits, I want a fucking Rail Gun!! Watch those bastards run then.....
Shredded Rabbit Stew anyone?

lol

Music is Life, Love and Happiness :|: Life is Music. Serren - 1985 - 2005
Religion? Religion is a Blasphemy against humanity - From the film What the Bleep do we know

siggy link So stumbling? whats it all about
Smeggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2007, 11:43   #35
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
while we're on the topic of rail guns, anyone remember why they were abandoned mid-test-phase by the US army???

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2007, 16:22   #36
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

The Navy has one, or a variation of one, well into development now. They're working on shrinking it enough to use on fighters.
I doubt the Army abandoned it. More likely, they put it into a more classified state.
Old 25th February 2007, 21:02   #37
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

no they did abandon it, reason why : you can't lubricate the air, the projectiles moved too fast and while the gun destroyed anything it hit, it also destroyed the gun.

Old 26th February 2007, 00:29   #38
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Anyone else see the pronblem with these posts?

Quote:
Originally posted by Too-DAMN-Much
while we're on the topic of rail guns, anyone remember why they were abandoned mid-test-phase by the US army???
Quote:
Originally posted by Too-DAMN-Much
no they did abandon it, reason why : you can't lubricate the air, the projectiles moved too fast and while the gun destroyed anything it hit, it also destroyed the gun.

Why ask if you know the answer?
Old 26th February 2007, 01:09   #39
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

to see if anybody else knew?

Old 26th February 2007, 01:25   #40
ElChevelle