How much trouble can a person tolerate without breaking down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sabine Klare
    Forum Queen
    • Nov 2010

It seems, the ill-breaks into the environment. So many related people have to suffer, so many friends...
    Today I have asked my mother. One of the 2 sisters has been injured, when she wanted to cook, she is still in the hospital. The other sister didn't have been injured. I will ask my mother again, she will get the next news soon...
    If I would have enough money to pay for a bank safe regularly, I would use it, not for jewels, but always for 2 external harddrives. I would buy 4 external harddrives with 2000 GB, I would keep 2 harddrives at home and bring 2 harddrives to the bank safe. I would update the 2 harddrives at home, bring them to the bank safe and take the other 2 harddrives home to update them, too. And I would repeat that again and again. If one of the 2 harddrives would break, I would have the other one...
    Everybody will understand, that I don't want to have a big loss anymore. I have lost enough in my life, my father, my homeland of my childhood, our cats. I want to keep at least our own home now...
    I have my regular dates with a professional medical, a half hour away from our home. She is very good. 5 minutes away from our home there is a general practitioner, he is also very good. These doctors and their assistants find it okay, if I listen to my MP3s in the waiting room (currently 2375 songs in shuffle mode). They themselves say always: "Try to relax!". But in the waiting room of a throat-nose-ear doctor I would not dare to do that, because in the past the doctors and assistants said always to a patient with a walkman: "That's very dangerous!" (also, if on-ear-headphones were used instead of in-ear-phones). But in the hospitals many people use headphones, also old people and children, for music and for the TV (together with a special card). Headphones can be bought in a vending machine in the hospital, although these cheap headphones will have a very bad sound quality (then Saturn or Media Markt would be much better)...
    One of the artist-colleagues has invited me into a live-show, and the next live-show of another artist-colleague is waiting, too. What would I do without these artist-colleagues and what would I do without the music? I love to listen & watch, to balance out my life...
    Edit: the first artist-colleague has finished his live-show now, and the second artist-colleague has already begun with his live-show. There is nothing better than the music in Your soul...
    Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
    Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
    AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...

Comment

• rockouthippie
      Banned
      • Jun 2004

Whales Weep Not:

Comment

• Sabine Klare
        Forum Queen
        • Nov 2010

Whales & Dolphins are very peaceful creatures...
        Diving into the Deep Blue Ocean... Hearing the Magic Choirs & Voices...

The Blue Planet... Deep Blue... Atlantis Wakes... They have a mystic and magic power on me... And I love these BBC-Documentations as TV-Serials & Movies so much... ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♥♥♥♥♥ ★★★★★
        The albums of George Fenton and Joel Goldsmith are also on my PC, notebook and Archos 43...
        In November I was as a visitor in the hospital many times. The elevators have surveillance cameras. Suddenly I began to sing in the elevator (with on-ear-headphones). The other people in the elevator have smiled. It was the song "Time To Wake Up" from "Fous De La Mer" (from the album "Reggatta de Bleu"). Normally a visitor wouldn't sing in a hospital...

Comment

• swingdjted
          DRINK BEER NOW
          (Forum King)
          • Feb 2006

Here's the fire I described. Shortly after the video was taken, the house collapsed and continued to burn until pretty much everything was gone. If you're reading this just after I post, you might have to wait a bit since it's still uploading.

[edit]

youtube has a suggested tag: "house music"... not very appropriate...

[/youtube]

Don't forget to live before you die.

Comment

• Sabine Klare
            Forum Queen
            • Nov 2010

Just finished my live-broadcast in Mixlr, I have broadcasted 5 hours...
            And just watched this video, it's so terrible, the whole house has been destroyed...
            The phone line in the house of the 2 sisters currently does not work, so my mother cannot call 1 of the sisters anymore, she gets only the message "Kein Anschluss unter dieser Nummer". This could mean, that their whole house could have been destroyed, too, or at least damaged very much. And I think, 1 sister had brought the other sister out of the house immediately...
            Many years ago an authoritarian man told me: "If there is smoke in the stairwell, You have to leave Your apartment and the whole house immediately!" (with the danger of losing all the material goods in the apartment, which can never be replaced anymore). In the years 2000 and 2002 there was smoke in the stairwell, and we called the emergency both times. Fortunately it's a new building. In an old building a fire would spread into all apartments very quickly, and the whole house could burn down...
            I already mentioned the other fire on 22nd November 2012. These are my 3 bookmarks from my Firefox:

Alraft. Ein Wohnhaus im Alraft ist am späten Mittwochnachmittag ausgebrannt. Nach Angaben der Polizei wurde dabei niemand lebensgefährlich verletzt. Um 17.25 Uhr hatte die Korbacher Leitstelle den Feueralarm ausgelöst.

Alraft. Das Feuer in einem holzverkleideten Fachwerkhaus am Mittwochnachmittag in Alraft ist vermutlich durch einen Heizlüfter in einem Büro im ersten Obergeschoss entstanden. Das teilte Polizeisprecher Volker König mit.

Our girl-friend has to live as a tenant in a leased apartment now, for a very long time...
            I don't understand, why YouTube has suggested the tag "house music"...

Comment

• swingdjted
              DRINK BEER NOW
              (Forum King)
              • Feb 2006

Sorry about how jittery the video is; I was walking while the camera was using a strong zoom lens, which is a bad combination for filming.

I found a way to block youtube's marketing strategies just as a way to post a few videos that people want to see. I still don't like what they do, but I guess I'm "caving" by using their service.

Comment

• rockouthippie
                Banned
                • Jun 2004

I found a way to block youtube's marketing strategies
                You can have free services on the internet. You can have an ad free internet. You can't have both.

You can opt out of receiving "OMG NOOOO!!" targeted advertising. The advertisers give you the choice.

More than 65% of Google's ad revenue goes to the publishers of the webs you like. People say "I'll donate to support web's I like". That makes me laugh so hard I nearly fall out of my chair.

I think Youtube and Google are ethical enough. It beats how the teachers around here get extra revenue. That's usually that if the bond measure fails, the first thing they eliminate is the school bus. Youtube doesn't blackmail anybody.

Comment

• swingdjted
                  DRINK BEER NOW
                  (Forum King)
                  • Feb 2006

Ads don't bother me so long as they're not distracting. Tracking cookies do. I have opted out and use a dummy email account, but most people have no idea that it's even going on, and I don't feel that's ethical to exploit. I donate to Wikipedia, and it's self-sustaining without the ads. Google in general is one of the lesser offenders though.

The teacher thing is separate. Teachers get paid far less on average than anyone else with their credentials. They do what they have to just to keep from leaving the profession. Also, if what you describe is what you're seeing, that's not the action of teachers, that's the action of a superintendent making recommendations to the school board, and then the school board voting to agree. Teachers don't have the power to use that kind of blackmail, although I'll admit, many would like that kind of power, at least for a little extra job security.

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                    Forum Queen
                    • Nov 2010

I think, the teachers at a primary school are not paid very well since many years, in the Seventies & Eighties their incomes were much better. Teachers at a high school earn more, especially, if they are civil servants & departmental manager. Today the most teachers are not civil servants anymore, only employees, who also earn less money. If a departmental manager gets a disease, then another teacher will try to get this position in the job. But a demotion has a negative effect for the retirement later...
                    Until the Eighties librarians were employed, mostly as civil servants, then only as employees, and since the Nineties only assistants are employed instead of librarians, because they are much cheaper (and earn less money)...
                    I don't like authoritarian people, because this authoritarian man told me once "You have to leave also Berlin!", when I said "I never want to leave Berlin!". Another authoritarian man said the same many years earlier. I don't understand, why this authoritarian man became so moody, in the first time he was very kindly. Another woman became very authoritarian, too. Such people don't understand me (for example, when we had the water damage in our home because of the pipe-break in the apartment above), and I myself don't understand, why I kept the contact with them for such a long time. Because other people have also problems with them, I am thinking now, it's better not to cross their way anymore and to stay away from the open meeting. I would only get very upset again...

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                      Forum Queen
                      • Nov 2010

I was around the internet the whole time. Very difficult questions came up, and it isn't always easy to find an answer. At least I can say: For us all the situations have become worse and worse. We have to worry, of course, but we can not let the fear eat us, and we have to take care, that we will not break down...

Was 2013 better than 2012? I don't know. We have still 3 and a half months yet, before we can change to 2014. Also in 2013 very much things have happened, not only in 2012. But we have to bite us through all the bad situations in life...

And I have just seen: We are all tough fighter, and we can not let ourselves be beaten by anything...

Comment

• rockouthippie
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2004

Was 2013 better than 2012? Was 2013 better than 1979? No. Then on a day like today, I'd have a firm young girlfriend and a bottle of Annie Green Springs plum wine. This was before Reagan turned the country into a jail.

I think you kind of put one step in front of the other until you don't anymore. Perhaps to take a lesson from our dogs. A dog doesn't care that it's dead. It lives it's days and tries to be happy until it doesn't any more.

Worry is a killer.

Comment

• fc*uk
                          • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Sabine Klare View Post
                          Was 2013 better than 2012? I don't know. We have still 3 and a half months yet, before we can change to 2014. Also in 2013 very much things have happened, not only in 2012. But we have to bite us through all the bad situations in life...

And I have just seen: We are all tough fighter, and we can not let ourselves be beaten by anything...
                          Having delt with my fair share of difficult situations these past two years as well ... well, the only thing I have to say is humans are impressive. We can put up with a lot before we start to break.

Life does not get easier, it only gets harder as we all age. You just need to remember to take time occasionally to smell the roses so that the cow shit you deal with on a daily basis does not start to poison you.
                          Trancectro/electro-house/electro | Are You Hard?

Comment

• swingdjted
                            DRINK BEER NOW
                            (Forum King)
                            • Feb 2006

Harder, yes, but we become stronger, so is it really harder to us? In some ways yes, but keep in mind that it's all a matter of perception. Sad that something is gone, or happy that you had the opportunity to have it? Hurt after a hardship, or proud you endured and overcame it? Upset you don't/can't have what you want, or working and measuring progress towards an achievable goal? Two people can look at the same exact thing and see something completely different.

Marley? I can see why comments are disabled on that video. The Bob name was right though. I'm still glad you posted it. I haven't heard it in a long time, and it's a song I really like. I like what you said about dogs (animals in general really). They seem to take their environment as given, prioritize actions based on needs, and cope with it the best way they can.

Comment

• rockouthippie
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2004

Life does not get easier, it only gets harder as we all age.
                              You shot your game and if you didn't end up in prison or the insane asylum, you probably did alright. Age gives you a little grace. Mainly it's the experience to avoid shit. You can see trouble coming from a lot further away. Maybe your eyesight gets shorter and your foresight gets longer.

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                                Forum Queen
                                • Nov 2010

"and if you didn't end up in prison or the insane asylum, you probably did alright."... Ending up with Alzheimer is also not very nice, or if the own body itself is suddenly the prison. An accident can happen, where the spinal cord can be cut in the neck area, or the person can get a disease, and then the person cannot speak and cannot use the arms and legs anymore (the person will suffocate in the final stage). As long as You can speak and walk alone, it doesn't matter, if You cannot see and hear very well anymore some day...

"Life does not get easier, it only gets harder as we all age."... You are right. In younger years there will be somebody, who can hold You, but if You are older, suddenly this person is not here anymore. The own health becomes worse, if we become older, and we will lose other people, who were able to help us, because they had enough money and enough place in their apartments and because they were willing to help us. Suddenly these other people are dead or in a nursing home with only 1 room. Also my mother cannot help us anymore, if we would experience a second water damage or a fire...

I myself escaped from the death before my second birthday, but I was never physically fit. In the sport lessons I often got no more air after physical exertion and then I had to stop. In the primary school with "Montessori Pedagogy" the director and the teachers accepted that, but the director in the high school didn't that (the high school itself was the hell on earth for me). With 20 I wasn't healthy enough, nobody accepted me, but I was more healthy than today. In Berlin-Neukölln this is not such a problem for me like in Berlin-Wilmersdorf, where more intolerant people with prejudices are living (my parents experienced that, too, when they became older and they got their diseases). I don't know, what will happen 10-20 years later, of course...

Do I want to become 80? Only, if I can be sure, that I will not get Parkinson or Alzheimer. But if I would be 60 some day and if I would have further plans and then suddenly die, it also wouldn't be very good for me. 47 is already a very critical age, because it seems, that so many people suddenly have to die between 45 and 60, mostly because of a heart attack...

I didn't post these 2 links yet, but these topics are also very important:
                                What will happen to the profiles and uploads after the death?

life is fragile
                                You wanna talk about something, but don't know where to turn? Chat your heart out here...

The other topics are not so far away from this topic, especially in the second thread...

Comment

Working...
                                X