Old 28th December 2007, 18:51   #1
IGordy

Lyrics Text Size

Using the Winamp's built-in Lyrics reader is working out great on a PC screen, but when projected onto a TV screen - it is entirely too small. Is there any way to vary (increase) the text size in WinAmp's mini-lyrics display window?

Thank you
IGordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 19:12   #2
JonnyMac

MiniLyrics, do you mean this? MiniLyrics is a third party plig-in. Please contact the developer/author for support.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 19:20   #3
IGordy

Sorry, it's the Lyrics plug-in that comes with Winamp - that's the one I am using and asking about...

Thank You
Old 28th December 2007, 19:36   #4
JonnyMac

I might be missing something here, however as far as I know Winamp does not have native lyrics display or a default lyrics plug-in. The exception is MIDI lyrics, in which case the text size can not be changed.

There are several plug-ins to display lyrics and some Modern skins support lyrics (such as azenis).

If is it something else your are seeing, try posting a screenshot.
Old 28th December 2007, 19:45   #5
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
IGordy...

Lyrics display is not a native function of Winamp, as JM indicated above. Therefore the lyrics you are now seeing displayed is definitely due to a 3rd-party authored lyrics plugin that you already have/had installed, but may have been unaware of, or had forgotten about.

So, provide us with a List Of Plugins <-- clickable link (click me!)

Click-n-read the above clickable link, and then post back with your List of Plugins (my_plugin_list.txt) zipped log attached to your next reply, so that we can tell you exactly what lyrics plugin you have installed. At that point we may be able to determine if it has configurable options for text size.

Now, the lyrics plugin I personally use can have the font and text size configured, but I won't mention which plugin I'm using yet, due to the fact that you might either have the same one, or another where text is configurable. So, post back with that log attached.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 19:47   #6
IGordy

I think I am using the MIDI default lyrics display - and according your your previous post - the text size can not be changed in that one. Hmm. In as much as I didn't want to use a second-party plugin - I guess there is no choice if I need a larger text size - right?

Thank you
Old 28th December 2007, 20:17   #7
JonnyMac

Sorry I am not aware of a plug-in that directly supports MIDI (KAR) lyrics. MiniLyrics (from above) does let you change the text size, however it looks for lyrics on the internet rather that reading them from the MIDI file.

Also, MiniLyrics is trail software. In this case you have to purchase the plugin to remove the registration reminder (according to the web site).
Old 28th December 2007, 21:36   #8
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
IGordy...

Are you now saying that the lyrics only display for certain MIDI files and for no other file types at all? Because if that's the case then perhaps it's this...

Preferences > Plug-ins > Input > Nullsoft MIDI player [in_midi.dll] > Configure button > "Display" tab > check the checkbox to the left of "Show lyrics window while playing"

And if it's that particular lyrics window that's popping up then AFAIK there is no way to increase the font size.
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 22:57   #9
JonnyMac

IGordy

Are you playing MID files? Depending the file and your sound card MIDI files will sound like a synthesizer or have a electronic-ish sound to them. When played the lyrics window will be a standard, "no frills" window.
Attached Images
File Type: gif midi_lyrics.gif (23.2 KB, 705 views)
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support