Old 14th August 2007, 08:28   #1
abbylou007

Please help me with iPod

I give up-last chance to get my iPod back.

I bought a new PC with Vista. I tried using iTunes on it but it kept freezing and was generally awful. I tried to sync up my iPod like normal, need to reset it, did that, and couldn't get it to upload my songs. Now I have a (mini--about 3 yrs old) iPod with no music on it.

Got a NEW new laptop. Sony Vaio with Vista again. tried iTunes again but it made my NEW computer crash! I am done with iTunes.

My friend tells me about Winamp and how it can be used to get songs on your ipod!

I downloaded winamp. Transfered songs into my media library, plug in my iPod and it DOESN'T WORK! I went through all the steps on FAQ and I'm stuck.

A block pops up that says "parsing ipod databases" when i first plug in my iPod. Then Winamp doesn't respond for awhile. Then it says:

"could not create C:\Users\Abby\AppData\Local\Temp\iTunesDB: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)"
No devices show up when the iPod is plugged in--my iPod is thinking and thinking saying "do not disconnect". Ugh.

ANYONE PLEASE HELP! What exactly is broken here?
abbylou007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2007, 16:49   #2
fatcerberus1
Major Dude

Wait, what? Why would ml_iPod be trying to create a database on drive C:? (C: is always your main hard drive) Something really weird is going on here...

Windows 7 Beta
iPod touch (Second Generation), 8GB
Winamp 5.55 with ml_iPod 3.08
fatcerberus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2007, 19:57   #3
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

No, that's fine. It's only the backup copy that ml_ipod puts into the %TEMP% folder

But that error message sounds really bad.
Let's try it this way: You are sure you have ml_ipod installed, not the builtin support for iPods in Winamp, right? Then attach your iPod without Winamp or iTunes running. It should show up as a drive in Explorer.
On that drive, delete the whole "x:\iPod_control\iTunes" folder.
Now start Winamp, and try to format your iPod in the ml_ipod prefs.

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2007, 20:15   #4
fatcerberus1
Major Dude

Seeing a CRC error on the C: drive is a bad sign and generally implies that the hard drive is about to crash. Are all these new computers Sony Vaios? The model you're getting may be defective...

By the way, abu forgot to mention this, but you may have to show hidden files in Explorer in order to get at the iPod_Control folder, especially if the iPod has been used with iTunes before. To do that in Vista, click Organize in a folder window, then go to Folder and Search Options. The option to show hidden files is under the View tab.

Windows 7 Beta
iPod touch (Second Generation), 8GB
Winamp 5.55 with ml_iPod 3.08
fatcerberus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion