Old 7th October 2007, 06:53   #1
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Exclamation Problems with Winamp 5.5: Report here

Hi, ml_iPod fans,
Winamp 5.5 brought some major improvements in the GUI and features, but also some major changes in the internal APIs. Certainly some stuff in ml_iPod is broken with this version, and it'l take some time to fix it.

Please test and report any 5.5 specific problems at the SF bug tracker: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?grou...28&atid=644704
You can also copy the bug report here in this thread for reference.

You should have a Winamp 5.5 and 5.35 installation on your PC, so you can double check each issue. Please report ONLY stuff that works in 5.35 and is broken with 5.5. No bugs specific to the iPod classic or nano 3G here, please.

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2007, 07:20   #2
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

There is a new patch available, 3.01p11, which fixes some of the issues (Icon not disappearing, Playlists reordering, unable to rename playlist)

ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Old 14th October 2007, 15:21   #3
jgordizbak

abu, i can't even get winamp 5.5 to start after installing the patch. it crashes every time.

i tried to reinstall 3.01 and then reapply the patch but still i get crashing.

had to roll back to 3.01 for the moment.
jgordizbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 15:26   #4
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Well, I can't reproduce that. Works fine here.

Old 15th October 2007, 13:49   #5
jgordizbak

abu, tried this on a second computer. also crashes that. had to go back to 3.01.

after i close winamp with the error, i get another message that says:

Rutime Error!
Program: C:\program files\winamp\winamp.exe

R6025
-pure virtual function call
jgordizbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 15:12   #6
fatcerberus1
Major Dude

I'm using ml_iPod 3.01p11 with Winamp 5.5 and have yet to see such a crash. I used to get that crash with the 5.5 betas, but not with the final...

Windows 7 Beta
iPod touch (Second Generation), 8GB
Winamp 5.55 with ml_iPod 3.08
fatcerberus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 15:57   #7
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Well, what shall I do? I tried it again, with 5.5 official and the latest beta for 5.51, everything fine. Maybe a special skin problem? Did you try a clean install, no extras, no other plugins?

Old 15th October 2007, 16:00   #8
DBARRY47

after i install the new verson i get 2 messages that say: The Winamp EXE file is linked to missing Export shell32.DLL shget folder path w and the second one says A Device attatched to the system is not functioning..... how do i fix this please thank u
DBARRY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 16:35   #9
fatcerberus1
Major Dude

Missing export in shell32.dll? shell32 is a Windows DLL, so if it's missing a function Winamp is trying to call, either Windows is borked or Winamp doesn't support your version of Windows... what version of Windows did this occur on?

Windows 7 Beta
Old 17th October 2007, 20:52   #10
xamphear

Is there any chance of getting the grey status message boxes that come up when connecting/ejecting an iPod to not be set as always on top? They take up a big block of space right in the middle of the screen even if I switch to another program.
xamphear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 00:35   #11
fatcerberus1
Major Dude

Edit winamp.ini and add showParseDatabaseDlg=0 to the [ml_iPod] section. That will prevent the dialogs from showing up whenever you connect/disconnect an iPod. Note that, depending on the options you used when installing Winamp, winamp.ini could either be in \Program Files\Winamp or %APPDATA%\Winamp (will always be the latter on Vista). Try both places.

abu, is it okay if I add a checkbox for this to the Advanced tab? Seems I'm not the only one who doesn't like the dialogs...

Windows 7 Beta
Old 18th October 2007, 11:53   #12
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Sure, go ahead!
Actually, I'll add this setting to my winamp.ini now, too

Old 18th October 2007, 14:55   #13
jtbse

Send a message via AIM to jtbse Send a message via Yahoo to jtbse
The new patch is working well for me with Winamp 5.5, except for a minor issue.

I suspect it's may not be a problem with ml_ipod, but maybe a usb driver issue on my computer.

Every now and then, after my iPod 4G has been plugged in for an extended period of time, it will "disappear" from WinAmp. When this happens, the iPod display goes from the "Do Not Disconnect" message to the "Charge Complete" message. It's still seen as a connected usb device in Windows, but not in WinAmp.

I've never actually been "watching" when ml_ipod loses it, so I have no idea what's going on at the time it happens.

Anybody else seen symptoms like this?

(btw...for the folks getting crashes...with the new Bento skin, I had to do a completely clean install of 5.5 with no 3rd party plugins, and rescan my library to avoid WinAmp crashes and strangeness. After doing so, all was well.)
jtbse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 18:09   #14
SyntaxGS

Just got 5.5 an hour or so ago... and so far I've had no problems using it with ml_ipod 3.01 (not patched).

Mind you, I did a fresh-install in a new folder for 5.5 which means you need to fresh-install ml_ipod. I recommend doing this for now so you can just go back to your old install if something is really messed up. D:

80GB iPod (5.5G) // Latest Winamp // Latest ml_iPod
SyntaxGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 18:18   #15
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Well, there definitely are issues with 3.01 unpatched. You won't be able to rename a playlist, e.g. So it's better to use the latest patch. 3.02 will be out soon, to make all this official...

Old 19th October 2007, 14:41   #16
drugo

i'm running 3.1 ml_ipod official release
and i have horrible, horrific problems
i had to format my ipod

problems: can't listen music , cover are mistaken, wrong , and the player skips songs every 2 seconds
drugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 15:17   #17
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Nobody ever said that 3.01 is compatible with WA 5.5
You have to use the latest patch.

Old 19th October 2007, 17:07   #18
drugo

Quote:
Originally posted by abu
Nobody ever said that 3.01 is compatible with WA 5.5
You have to use the latest patch.
um i'm downloading now
drugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 21:25   #19
fatcerberus1
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by abu
Sure, go ahead!
Done. Option added to Advanced tab, and it's already in CVS.

Windows 7 Beta
Old 20th October 2007, 01:53   #20
traflaz

last.fm problem with winamp 5.5

I've had a weird problem with the last.fm plugin since I've upgraded to Winamp 5.5. The songs played on my iPod are send just like before, but the songs played in winamp are not sent, whether or not the iPod is plugged in.

Anybody else have that problem?
traflaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2007, 09:50   #21
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Oh goodness, that's bad new. The last.fm plugin is no longer supported by the last.fm stuff, using the new last.fm client is what they want everybody to do. But that's not possible with the iPod. I heard rumours that some update of the last.fm client supports iPods directly, but I don't know.

If the old last.fm client, which I patched to include the iPod data, does not work any more we're lost. I don't have the time to look into that code, I don't understand it, and it's quite a bunch. No support from the last.fm staff makes it worse. To bad!

Maybe somebody else of the dev guys wants to step in here?

Old 20th October 2007, 10:50   #22
DrO

traflaz: there's a whole thread on the last.fm forums about this including a working build of the version that ml_ipod uses (need to finish a few things off and then that'll be going into cvs)

abu: it's just that the old plugin was still working with a massive hack to detect track playback starting which is fine on 2.x but should never have been used under 5.x (the changes in the official and our version is to use IPC_PLAYING_FILE)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2007, 11:22   #23
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Cool. Which CVS do you add it to? The current source at http://mlipod.cvs.sourceforge.net/ml...udioscrobbler/ ? That would be really cool.

Old 20th October 2007, 11:32   #24
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

And for easier reference:
http://www.last.fm/forum/34905/_/335191/_/4990894

And DrO's beta download:
http://nunzioweb.com/daz/AudioScrobb...oscrobbler.dll

Old 20th October 2007, 13:22   #25
DrO

abu: once i've got my access for the ml_ipod cvs re-setup i'll drop things back into there i think it'll probably be a good idea to bump it to a 1.1.12 and have the ml_ipod changes officially in place for the standalone version (will this time get it listed as a proper version after the 1.1.11 fiasco, heh)

-daz
Old 20th October 2007, 20:58   #26
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Well, if you are into it, go ahead I guess they wn't even accept a new version number at last.fm for this unsupported "old" plugin, heh?

Old 22nd October 2007, 12:24   #27
DrO

is more in the fact that 1.1.11 wasn't referenced as the official 'old style' version of the plugin but it's all a bit of a weird situation with the new and the old plugins (especially with them currently being based on the same code). thing i just need to sort out is unicode title submission in the old plugin (and i should probably try to get mbid support implemented as well since the 1.2.0 version produced had that (but never saw any code against that). the whole 5.5 thing gives me more of an incentive to at least sort out some of the issues with the plugin in one go (instead of in dribs and drabs)

-daz
Old 22nd October 2007, 13:51   #28
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

I'll release ml_ipod 3.02 soon. I'll include your dll in that package, ok? It has the iPod features included, right?
(http://nunzioweb.com/daz/AudioScrobb...oscrobbler.dll)

Is it possible that you check in the current source to CVS? I'd rather create the DLL from source, to make sure it#s reproducible from the CVS sources...

Last edited by abu; 22nd October 2007 at 20:20.
Old 23rd October 2007, 12:27   #29
DrO

the version i did is modified from the current cvs code, as i said above, i just need to get my cvs access re-setup on my main dev machine. it'll be a few days before i finish the other changes needed to make it on par with the client version (main thing is being able to do unicode submissions correctly irrespective of the state of ml_ipod's unicode support since anyone can use the standalone dll - is how i view it)

-daz
Old 23rd October 2007, 13:54   #30
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

I wasn't sure which CVS repository you are talking about, because the ml_ipod one's is far from being 'official'

Old 23rd October 2007, 16:41   #31
DrO

well that's the official home of the (modified) 1.1.11 source from my viewpoint, heh

-daz
Old 28th October 2007, 01:15   #32
ecereb

Apple iPod Classic does not play WAV file songs

v5.5 Reelase - Apple iPod Classic 160G V 1.0.2 PC – does not play WAV file songs that were loaded via Winamp.

I dragged several .WAV and .MP3 songs from a playlist on WinAmp to the iPod and the .WAV songs don’t play on the iPod. They do play on the PC, meaning I can click on the song that is listed under the iPod playlist and they do read from the iPod and play on the PC through Winamp.

When attempting to play .WAV songs, the iPod just sits at the playing screen with the time bar and time not incrementing. This happens either when I select the song from a playlist or from a menu such as album or artist.

I then reattach the iPod. The songs still show up on the iPod play list on WinAmp. I can select the songs and play them with WinAmp. I can also remove the songs from the device with WinAmp.

Note. I can play both MP3 and WAV file songs that were loaded using iTunes.

I downloaded and applied the latest patch Version 3.01p12 - 10/18/2007 to the iPod plugin ml_ipod.

Now…Winamp doesn’t even copy WAV files. It does copy MP3.

Under iPod Transfer Upload options on Winamp, Transcoding is Not checked.

Apple iPod Classic Model: MB150LL

iPod software Version 1.0.2 PC

Please help.

Keep up the excellent work.

Thanks
eCereb
ecereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2007, 20:25   #33
Yawg81

*fixed*

Last edited by Yawg81; 28th October 2007 at 20:47.
Yawg81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2007, 00:05   #34
chgoguy7

Exclamation Sort Change Causes Crash

Using fresh install Winamp 5.5, ml_iPod 3.01p12. Using 5th gen 60GB iPod. No additional plug-ins. Have been able to consistently cause crash as follows:

After the initial iPod sync, I change the sort of all my iPod playlists from the default Artist to Title. By about the 8th-10th playlist update (mixure of standard and smart playlists), I receive an "Unknown field type id" error. After clicking OK (which is the only option offered), I receive the following message:

Your database has been corrupted!
NDE will try to continue, but some of the data may be lost :(

After clicking OK (which is the only option offered), I receive the "Unknown field type id" error again and it enters into a continuous loop whereby I continually click OK and continue to receive this error. I am forced to kill the winamp.exe process.

Upon restarting Winamp, I am unable to see any problems with the Winamp or iPod databases (thankfully!).

Can anyone replicate this problem?

I don’t have Winamp 5.35 installed but don't recall having this problem when I was using Winamp 5.35 (with ml_iPod3.01 unpatched).

In addition to resolving this problem, is there any chance of getting the sort setting from the Winamp playlists to transfer to the iPod during sync?

Let me know if you need any additional info. Thanks!

Last edited by chgoguy7; 31st October 2007 at 00:22.
chgoguy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2007, 14:18   #35
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Scanning the code, I only found "Unknown field type for id" as a message, I guess this is what you saw? It's in the database code which is unknown land for me, it is taken from Nullsoft.
I tried to reproduce that. Never saw anything like that before. Tried with 15 SPLs, nothing happened.

How many playlists do you have in total? How many tracks approx. in each of them?

And: You are talking of smart playlists, not regular ones, right?

Old 2nd November 2007, 19:32   #36
agent_logic

Angry Audioscrobbler problems

Hi,

This problem may not get top priority for getting fixed, but the Audioscrobbler internal build for Last.FM support has a little bug. When multiple tracks are on the playlist, the Audioscrobbler plugin only recognizes the first track. When the first track finishes and the next one begins, the "Playback State" remains at "Submission Complete". Also, pausing and unpausing a track makes the plugin lose track of the playing track which is pending submission. It works fine when you're skipping tracks after the submission gets completed (50% of track length or 4 minutes if track length > 8 minutes), though.

I'm using winamp 5.5, Windows XP Home, ml_ipod v3.01 patch 13.

Hopefully this bug will get fixed soon, so I don't have to switch to Windows Media Player!
agent_logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 19:40   #37
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Please read this thread above, especially DrO's posts. There is a fix already...

Old 2nd November 2007, 19:41   #38
xamphear

Quote:
Originally posted by fatcerberus1
Edit winamp.ini and add showParseDatabaseDlg=0 to the [ml_iPod] section. That will prevent the dialogs from showing up whenever you connect/disconnect an iPod. Note that, depending on the options you used when installing Winamp, winamp.ini could either be in \Program Files\Winamp or %APPDATA%\Winamp (will always be the latter on Vista). Try both places.

abu, is it okay if I add a checkbox for this to the Advanced tab? Seems I'm not the only one who doesn't like the dialogs...
I've noticed that this setting only gets rid of the dialogs when connecting an ipod, not when ejecting.
xamphear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 20:42   #39
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Quote:
Originally posted by xamphear
I've noticed that this setting only gets rid of the dialogs when connecting an ipod, not when ejecting.
Thanks for reporting, will be fixed in 3.02

Old 3rd November 2007, 02:50   #40
Th0R

Hi Abu,

I am experiencing some problems with uploading files which have French Unicode characters in their names with Winamp ml_ipod.

Basically when I try to upload a file that is in French (has French characters that don't exist in English like è/é/etc), the file does not get uploaded.

Any advice you can give me?

My system details:

Windows Vista English version(from HK)
Winamp 5.5
I have all the latest patches from ml_ipod

Cheers,

Rohit

Last edited by Th0R; 3rd November 2007 at 04:11.
Th0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion