Old 25th December 2007, 20:01   #1
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Smile MERRY CHRISTMAS to all

... I just wanted to take the opportunity to wish all of you a wonderful Christmas, and all the best for the new year!

Thanks for all support and encouragement in developing and enhancing ml_iPod.

Special thanks goes to all those who got involved in the dev team:
  • koniyan, fatcerberus1, DrO, frnzy and frauhottelmann for coding
  • koniyan, vathek, Eric, Raniero, Ruben, Pierre and DimazzzZ for translations (we have English, German, Italian, French, Japanese and Chinese now, Spanish and Russian will be in the next release!)
  • stupifier, frauhottelmann, reaper and many others for maintaining the documentation wiki and the frequently asked questions
THANK YOU for all the time you spent for this OSS project.

Maintaining ml_iPod is getting more and more complex (which means time consuming) as new iPod model come up. Especially the iPhone and iTouch are still a challenge, but the first major steps are already taken. If you would like to join the dev team and know C++, you are very welcome. Help is always needed.

All this is only possible with an active and helpful community - your bug reports and tests are a major part in developing such a product.

Maybe we see an official pmp_ipod package in 2008 that has all the ml_ipod features, which would make ml_ipod obsolete. But I doubt it, too many things that are still not in sight in the Nullsoft roadmap for ml_pmp/pmp_ipod.

At the moment, pmp_ipod has the much nicer interface (album art views etc.), a better integration into Winamp and a wonderful transfer queue. But still no smart playlists and audiobook support, which were the main reasons for me to use ml_ipod. So I'm quite curious about what 2008 will bring.

All the best, and tell all your friends who got an iPod for Christmas about ml_ipod
abu

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 06:59   #2
SyntaxGS

Happy Holidays everyone

80GB iPod (5.5G) // Latest Winamp // Latest ml_iPod
SyntaxGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 16:54   #3
logaen

marry christmas guys and thanx for your nice job!

PS. Abu, if you need help with Italian, I'm here.
logaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 23:58   #4
SSR

Thanks abu (and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!), ml_iPod is a life saver and makes my iPod far more powerful than it would be with iTunes or Winamp alone. Much appreciated!
SSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion