Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00052b79
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 3081
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Only happens when I try to load a new preset and this is using 2.81B & 2.81D & 2.9x
    Wondering if there is any fix to this crashing and/or if a new avs is coming out to fix this
    My pc specs+OS are Windows 7 ultimate, 2.8ghz pentium D dual-core running 2gb of ram, and winamp 5.61 ....any fix available (apart from downgrading would be much appreciated..)
    As its 2am here I will going to bed now, easiest way to reach me would be on #avs and tyvm for any help
    i am not normal, no really.
  • DrO
    • Sep 2003

5.61 ships with 2.81d as everyone complained about v2.83 being shipped. guess you can't win when it comes to that plug-in so no there's no fix and i wouldn't expect anything any time soon other than using 2.83 (of justin's v2.9 thing from last year though i've not tried it) which didn't seem to crash on Vista / Win7 but broke some presets *shrugs*

-daz
    WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• Warrior of the Light
      Forum King
      • Aug 2002

Did you disable Aero? Look for Ted's latest posts in the AVS (sub)forums for how to.
      Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever

Comment

• Yathosho
        Forum King
        • Jan 2002

i'd rather downgrade than disable aero to be honest.. or use a different player
        NSIS IDE for Atom | NSIS for Visual Studio Code | NSIS for Sublime Text | NSIS.docset

Comment

• DrO
          • Sep 2003

it was downgraded due to the moaning you and others kept making about it, geez just can't please anyone. well i'm not going to bother looking at the vis forums anymore - only tried to as no one else vaguely cares about it.

-daz

Comment

• MaTTFURY
            Major Dude
            • Jun 2004

Nope disabling Windows Aero (glass effects) does nothing to help my situation :| (this was tested with 2.81b/d and "Cockos Happy AVS" 2.9...), maybe I'll switch to foobar2000 but this isnt helping if the general public were to use AVS to look at someone elses presets via the Winamp.com / dA site... :|

Comment

• Yathosho
              Forum King
              • Jan 2002

Originally Posted by DrO View Post
              it was downgraded due to the moaning you and others kept making about it, geez just can't please anyone.
              you did the all you could and sticking with 2.81 is certainly the best solution!

Originally Posted by MaTTFURY View Post
              Nope disabling Windows Aero (glass effects) does nothing to help my situation
              we gave you the options there are. another would be running an old version of winamp in windows xp mode (or vmware etc.), avs runs faster than you'd expect. the winamp devs, most notably DrO, tried to improve the situation after years of halted development. now all they get is complaints - not fair!

...but this isnt helping if the general public were to use AVS to look at someone elses presets via the Winamp.com / dA site... :|
              aaah, those 4 people will get over it!
              NSIS IDE for Atom | NSIS for Visual Studio Code | NSIS for Sublime Text | NSIS.docset

Comment

• MaTTFURY
                Major Dude
                • Jun 2004

Got it working by downgrading 5.56, maybe if i take the default version out of this and put it into 5.61 I might be able to get it working, otherwise will be working on MaTTFuRY v3

Comment

• Warrior of the Light
                  Forum King
                  • Aug 2002

matt: read this
                  Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever

Comment

• MaTTFURY
                    Major Dude
                    • Jun 2004

... i read it

Comment

• MaTTFURY
                      Major Dude
                      • Jun 2004

*Bump*
                      Still not working properly even on 5.621 (x86)
                      When will this be fixed?

Comment

• DrO
                        • Sep 2003

if you're using 2.81whatever then it will crash as that doesn't have the related fixes which 2.82 / 2.83 had which for most people resolves the crashes on Windows 7. however that still won't fix broken apes, other issues which have generally plagued AVS when trying to use it on newer OSes especially when UAC is involved. also you've only mentioned 2.81b/d & justin's custom 2.9 but never 2.82/3 so for whatever reason you've not tried all available versions.

people wanted 2.81d back, that was done and now that is fecking wrong. i am just so pissed off with the whole AVS scenario and it really should be removed from the distro and versions provided as standalone downloads from the site. and when i suggested that i got general 'meh' or 'no you cannot do that' responses though that is the only viable way to deal with a plug-in no one wants to work on / have the time to do so anymore.

AVS hasn't been the default plug-in for years, no one else has really attempted to do any work on it and i don't have the time to waste trying to fix it anymore as paid job and gf > AVS (or even my own plug-ins).

-daz

Comment

• MaTTFURY
                          Major Dude
                          • Jun 2004

I'm just wondering wtf broke AVS with 5.58 -> 5.61 conversion, also update your changelist to notify of the vis_avs.dll reversion?

Comment

• DrO
                            • Sep 2003

* Reverted: Milkdrop from v2.23 to v2.2 and AVS from v2.83 to v2.81d (for now)
                            which is in the 5.61 changelog. so that's what "broke" in reverting to the older version people wanted as has been mentioned multiple times in this thread!

-daz

Comment

• MaTTFURY
                              Major Dude
                              • Jun 2004

link to image:

Comment

Working...
                              X