Old 10th May 2009, 07:22   #1
rockouthippie
Banned

Obama at the White House Correspondents Dinner.

Obama yucks it up pretty good at the White House Correspondents dinner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0GwZFAV1Lw

Dick Cheney couldn't make the dinner, because he was writing his memoir, "How to shoot friends and interrogate people."
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 10:13   #3
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
How dare he eat dinner when the economy is still in ruins?! Where is his priorities! Such a huge mistake.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 04:25   #4
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Funny jokes

let's go to iowa and make it official

/edit
Wanda Sykes (sp) was funny. She ripped into limbaugh

Last edited by dlinkwit27; 11th May 2009 at 04:59.
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 14:58   #5
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

Quote:
Originally posted by dlinkwit27
Funny jokes

/edit
Wanda Sykes (sp) was funny. She ripped into limbaugh
"Limbaugh keeps saying he wants Obama to Fail, wants the country to fail. I hope his kidney's fail!"

har!

"Which is worse, ignorance or indifference?"

"I don't know, and I don't care."
watadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 15:56   #6
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to ryan
Jesus I should become a comedian. But then again nobody would laugh at my jokes because I'm white.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 16:47   #7
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

If that post is an example, I think you're right, but the fail has nothing to do with your skin pigmentation.

Old 11th May 2009, 18:38   #8
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Maybe I'll pull a reverse Michael Jackson and run for president.
Old 11th May 2009, 23:08   #9
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by watadoo
"Limbaugh keeps saying he wants Obama to Fail, wants the country to fail. I hope his kidney's fail!"
If Limbaugh made a comment like that about a liberal, it would call for a public lynching.
Old 11th May 2009, 23:20   #10
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

Let's not fight about this ROH. life is too short and it WAS a charity roast for christ's sake. But I gotta say, Rush has made a career about saying mean spirited quasi "humorous" things about anyone he doesn't like or agree with, starting with Chelsie clinton whom he called a dog (nice to attack a 14 year old girl) to Hillary and Bill to Janet Reno to john edwards, john kerry, Michael j. fox, and of course Barack himself (magic negro ring any funny bells? Obongo?) and any number of other left leaning politicians and public personalities that chaff his hide by their mere existence.

Let's just agree that anyone in public office is fair game for satire and jokes, no matter how lame. Maybe the exception should be 14 year old and younger girls, okay? The lameness of the joke you can opine about or hold up as a reflection of the joke thrower's lameness, but Rush doesn't get to play the victim card in this case.

Old 12th May 2009, 01:36   #11
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Rush has made a career about saying mean spirited quasi "humorous" things about anyone he doesn't like or agree with
I don't think Sykes was being funny unless wishing someone dead is funny.
Old 12th May 2009, 06:20   #12
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
I don't think Sykes was being funny unless wishing someone dead is funny.
I absolutely agree with you. Death is not funny or something to make jokes about.

I never once laughted at Ann Coulter joking about blowing up the NYTimes building and killing all the staff or Bill-O yukking it up about nuking San Francisco or Cheney tittering while saying the quickest route to rid the world of nuclear weapons is to use them on Iran and if Sykes had of made a joke about killing Rush I wouldn't have thought that funny either. She only mentioned kidney failure -- with his $200+ million a year income he can certainly afford to buy more or at least afford dialysis and a private nurse should his kidney's fail from all the hillbilly heroin he does.

Old 12th May 2009, 06:26   #13
rockouthippie
Banned

I'll agree and put Coulter and Sykes on the same level.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 12th May 2009 at 06:48.
Old 12th May 2009, 06:34   #14
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

dang that was fast. 6 minutes! She's a comedian for christ sakes. Give her a break. Rush and billo and Ann and Dick are partisan politicians and Fox news pundit hacks. They always get off after making outrageous statements by claiming, "Hey i was only joking about _____" and you hold an actual actress/comedienne speaking as an MC at a roast to a higher standard? I call unfair. And I don't grant you the right of psychic knowledge or anyone's true intent. I think they are all entertainers trying to rile up their audiences. I don't think anyone of them really supports killing. Except Cheny maybe. He's a real Dr. strangelove piece of work.

Old 12th May 2009, 06:57   #15
rockouthippie
Banned

We are talking about Limbaugh, not Coulter. I've never heard Limbaugh say anything like that. His wish that the political ambitions of Marxists will fail isn't personal.

I'm not familiar with your Cheney quote, but Coulter was pointing out that if the liberal press got blown up, they'd have a different slant on terrorism. Of course, it could never happen because terrorists never found a better ally than the liberal press.

That's not personal either.
Old 12th May 2009, 15:34   #16
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
if it makes anyone feel better, I wish rush would die. and that's not a joke, so it doesn't have to be funny.
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 16:09   #17
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
We are talking about Limbaugh, not Coulter. I've never heard Limbaugh say anything like that. His wish that the political ambitions of Marxists will fail isn't personal.
Fortunately, Rush being a popular media figure his words are easily found. Here's a warm little quote adequately describing his views on one facet of the wiping out (not on purpose, but still an historical fact of the demise of millions of people) of the native Americans via being a catalyst for diseases that the Indians didn't have immunity against:

"I don't give a hoot that [Columbus] gave some Indians a
disease that they didn't have immunity against
hrmmm. Doesn't give a hot about millions of folks dying. What a card, what an entertainer!

http://home.att.net/~jrhsc/rush.html It's down the page a bit, you have to scroll past the racist jokes section.

Old 12th May 2009, 18:45   #18
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Michael Savage owns Rush any day, although his website is fugly.
Old 12th May 2009, 19:06   #19
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
(Columbus) a catalyst for diseases that the Indians didn't have immunity against
It was 500 years ago. I don't care much either. Even if I did care, what do I owe the great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandchildren of these guys for it?

Evidently they didn't die because they had great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandchildren.

My family were all peasants in Europe until the 19th century, so how many generations of restitution does that get me out of? I'm sure my American ancestors would have chipped right in to oppress somebody, if they ever met anyone to oppress, farming the middle of nowhere.

Maybe I owe Italians because it's likely some of my German ancestors pillaged Rome 1700 years ago. Maybe liberals should set up a new program for restitution to indigent Italians affected by the fall of Rome.

I think women should send me checks, because Eve got Adam to bite the apple. Maybe Adam owes Eve though.... nah she was just too freakin hot.... he couldn't help himself...

Watadoo, I think since you do care so much about the plight of native Americans that we should start with a small measure of restitution. I think we should give them your house.

You wouldn't mind. You care so much

Last edited by rockouthippie; 12th May 2009 at 20:14.
Old 12th May 2009, 20:42   #20
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

you're conflating restitution, something I'm not for, with compassion, something I AM for -- we all have kin in our history who got the shaft. I'm 50% irish and 50% Scot so by those metrics I should be angry at the Brits. But I'm not and not demanding anything more than that they keep making good beer, which I'm willing to pay for.

It's not about restitution from the Italians, or Spaniards, or the US govt for the native americans because of stupid blunders (the tribes are doing quite well with their ******s, getting buck's back from the white man), it's basic compassion and not cracking wise about a few million deaths. Ever here about smallpox blankets, the trail of tears in your history classes? Those weren't funny either.

If you're gonna get your panties in a twist over poor widdle drug addict Rush haveing a joke about kidney failure made at his expense, perhaps you can fairly bunch your panties over other folks having death jokes made about them. that's all. Fair and balanced is all I ask.

Old 12th May 2009, 21:07   #21
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Quote:
Fair and balanced is all I ask.
Sounds like fox news.
Old 12th May 2009, 21:28   #22
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
with compassion
My sopping over with empathy for long dead people, suffering long over oppression wouldn't help the living. Yes. All our ancestors got the shaft, but in a politically correct world, only certain ordained liberal victims can be truly oppressed.

You don't qualify for liberal pity in your ancestors struggles against Brits, even though your ancestors got shafted almost, if not as hard, as African Americans and other ordained liberal victims.

My Polish ancestors from Chicago were standing right next to the African American guy working themselves to death in the same sweat shop factories. Pollacks aren't on the ordained liberal victims list though. That's even though the reason they came to the United States was to avoid getting slaughtered "en masse" by the Russians. What the Russians didn't kill, the Germans finished off.
Old 13th May 2009, 01:34   #23
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

yeah, read The Jungle by Upton Sinclair to learn more about the poles and Estonians and other eastern European refugees being exploited in the stockyards.

I don't ask for pity. I just root for William Wallace every time i watch Braveheart! heh.

Old 15th May 2009, 08:05   #24
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Quote:
Originally posted by ryan
Sounds like fox news.
Then it should be surrounded by giant quotation.
Omega X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2009, 06:15   #25
hgnis
Hobbit Humper
Forum King

Nice to see the elite kicking back and laughing at nothing. I seem to recall the same thing happened in Paris a few hundred years ago.

I am so important I feel the need to let it be known like a liberal discovering the internets for the first time. Uh hur hur hur. I also wash myself with a rag on a stick.
Realitybites
<3
hgnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News