Old 2nd August 2004, 15:25   #1
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Multipass

Got a new skin for you guys!

Download and details at DA, hope you enjoy it!
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/9420043/
rpeterclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 16:07   #2
leechbite
Major Dude

Send a message via Yahoo to leechbite
very cool rpc! another job well done!
leechbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 16:08   #3
inthegray
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to inthegray
as usual rpc, great work. i really like how the volume/other buttons come out on mouseover.

(still waiting for avitronic tho)
inthegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 16:22   #4
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

The volume bar fill lags something awful for me, seems you move the slider and then the fill catches up with it a second or so later, the eq bars do it as well, not as noticeable as they are smaller.

Might just be this pc, been dog slow all day,but I that had been restricted to network operations only after our lame network rebuild at the weekend.

I'll try again when I get home and let you know....
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 16:26   #5
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Thanks for the good words guys! Mr. J, yeah if I yank the slider around fast the fill does a little lagging, but I have to try pretty hard to for it to be noticable (and my computer isn't hot stuff by any means). Hopefully it'll be better on your regular sytstem. If not let me know and maybe I can come up with a better way for those.
Old 2nd August 2004, 16:59   #6
Death Reaper
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Death Reaper Send a message via Yahoo to Death Reaper
Another amazing piece of work.

Just a little thing: I was checking wincustomize and saw this skin by you..I am like "Hmm, didn't see it before" so I checked your site and I don't see it there. Now I know where it came from Good work!

Now you must finish avitronic!

Regards,

Death Reaper
Death Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 18:44   #7
razmansix

Send a message via AIM to razmansix
Damn nice skin pete! slick and stylish!
But I can't find the hidden Mila Jojovic easter egg!?!
razmansix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 19:17   #8
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Quote:
Originally posted by razmansix
Damn nice skin pete! slick and stylish!
But I can't find the hidden Mila Jojovic easter egg!?!
Now why'd you have to go and tell everyone about that!?

Thanks raz!
Old 2nd August 2004, 19:35   #9
chronic.skins

Nice skin man
I love that blue
chronic.skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 19:49   #10
Death Reaper
Major Dude

Damn...peter...you make it so hard. I can't choose. I don't want to have to make the decision between Invicta and Multipass! But, since Multipass more fits my current XP Theme's colors, I think I'll try it

Regards,

Death Reaper
Old 2nd August 2004, 20:10   #11
ziege

Really nice lil' skin Only thing I don't like is I can't snap it to either corner of the screen because of those hover-drawers. Other than that it's great.

WIP: NSX-999
ziege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 20:59   #12
SLoB
Major Dude

very nice, compact & clean as usual rpc!
SLoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 22:15   #13
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
its not avitronic, but it'll do
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2004, 00:44   #14
OzObdrOl

Very nice skin from RPC as usual. I just have one or two minor issues with it... The snappoints to the main window. I like my playlist to snap directly beneath the main window. With Multipass, it either snaps a bit into the main window, or it snaps way below it. Second issue: The font is slightly unreadable. A bit too "blurry", maybe its only because I just woke up... I'll look at it a bit later and see if it still appears blurry...

Once again, nice skin RPC. Not being released on Winamp.com? And what's this about Milla Jovovich?
Can't wait for Resident Evil: Apocolypse to start in the movies here...

Chuz
Oz
OzObdrOl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2004, 07:18   #15
matt_69
Sunshine
(Major Dude)

i don't want to be a party pooper or n e thing but whats so special about it that everyone likes it so much? the graphics are very generic from u rpc and its basically just buttons and hover drawers. its good and all yes, but very ordinary if u ask me.

-matt

matt_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2004, 09:48   #16
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by matt_69
i don't want to be a party pooper or n e thing but whats so special about it that everyone likes it so much? the graphics are very generic from u rpc and its basically just buttons and hover drawers. its good and all yes, but very ordinary if u ask me.

-matt
If it was me, I'd say the following..

It may not be the most eye pleasing design in the world, actually, that's a little harsh, let me rephrase that, it's not an eye candy skin full of wild and wonderful sweeping designs, what it is is very functional, while at the same time looking elegant and well designed, and maybe that's why people like it so.

It's neat and compact, even in it's main mode guise, has all the main functions of the player easily to hand and is fairly extendable with it's use of skin options, the interface is uncluttered and easy to navigate even for someone not over familiar with Winamp and it's gui options, the look of the interface is also very clean and again flexiable with the use of colour themes..

I for one congratulate rpc for two things here...

1) Realising that a skin really dosn't have to occupy half the screen, be full of animations, soak up the CPU and make your toast for you on a morning

2) Presenting a fully finished skin to the forums, a rare thing indeed, a skin straight off the page, full of his own ideas and not everyone elses, big up respect

So there you have it, it's functional, it's neat, it's well designed, what more you could you want in a skin?, I'd certainly choose this over some of the behemoths that pass off as media player skins that I see, and that's something people seem to forget when designing, it's player skin and it needs a little ease of use combined with a neat and friendly interface.

Anyhow, that's what I'd say, now fix that fucking volume slider , still laggy even on my super quick laptop
Old 3rd August 2004, 13:42   #17
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Quote:

-matt
Jones hit a lot of the points I would make. I wanted a skin that was compact even in it's main mode but still offered as much of the modern functionality we've come to expect. So for the graphics I focused on placement, labeling and smart behaviors and then only simple styling.

You can tell from the work I've done in the past that I also like the big eye-candy skins, but this time I wanted something I could very easily use every day. There are good ones from other people out there in that class and I wanted to give it a shot myself.

I know it's not for everyone, but you can't please them all!

BTW, if any of you are motivated, feel free to post or send me color themes. There will be updates I'm sure and I'll include any good themes I get from you guys.

Now off to tweak that volume slider before I get a big red boot where the sun don't shine...
Old 3rd August 2004, 14:00   #18
Montoumes

Nice ? No ! Really really good ! Congratulations :-D
Montoumes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2004, 14:29   #19
dude883
Major Dude

2 color themes are in your inbox
dude883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2004, 22:42   #20
matt_69
Sunshine
(Major Dude)

i don't want to complain at all, i still like it and all. but think of it this way. if someone else came and made a skin like that, but only the graphic of it, what do u think the comments would be? my view is that people are just going, oh its by rpc, and they automatically like it. where if it was an unknown person, they would prolly shrug it off.

-matt

Old 3rd August 2004, 23:25   #21
Death Reaper
Major Dude

I like it...graphics too. The graphics don't have to be amazing and intricate, its because this is a nice clean graphical design and the functionality is great too (Mind you I mainly use only the stick mode...) But it goes with my windows theme

Regards,

Death Reaper
Old 4th August 2004, 04:26   #22
Raiden1803

Send a message via AIM to Raiden1803
Multipass Skin Help

How do you turn off that little Notification feature it has when your switching songs
Raiden1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2004, 04:34   #23
Bizzeh
Forum Pirate
Beta Team

what was wrong with posting this question in the multipass thread? at the moment, it is the 3rd thread on this page.. so its not like it was hard to see
Bizzeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2004, 04:41   #24
Death Reaper
Major Dude

Umm....maybe you should post this in winamp help, because this is NOT a skin only feature. Right CLick>Options> notifications. There you go.

Regards,

Death Reaper
Old 4th August 2004, 08:21   #25
matt_69
Sunshine
(Major Dude)

actually it is a skin only feature. u have to code it in to make it work.

-matt

Old 4th August 2004, 08:23   #26
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Threads merged.
Old 4th August 2004, 15:29   #27
OzObdrOl

Matt, I am going to be a total dick and say this: What you said was total bullshit. Its not because the skin is by rpc. Its because it is a simple skin. Some people get irritated by too many moving objects and intricate details on a skin. I personally like a really plain skin. Also, Multipass offers something VERY VERY few skins offer: A good timer. I stream audio or video quite often and timers go nuts once you hit 99 minutes. This one doesnt.
Just had to speak my mind on that one...

Chuz
Oz
OzObdrOl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2004, 15:51   #28
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Quote:
i don't want to complain at all, i still like it and all. but think of it this way. if someone else came and made a skin like that, but only the graphic of it, what do u think the comments would be? my view is that people are just going, oh its by rpc, and they automatically like it. where if it was an unknown person, they would prolly shrug it off.

-matt
To each his own. To me I think the main feature of this skin is the programming side. I spent a lot of time on small details for example the multi-state repeat buttons, keyboard shortcut accesable EQ, docked toolbar mode, collapsable shade mode, skin option buttons, extended custom timer, slider feedback, etc. If some newbie was to come out with a skin that had these kinds of details, I'm sure they would get a great response as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by Raiden1803
How do you turn off that little Notification feature it has when your switching songs
Death Reaper got it, right-click > Options > Multipass > Notifications. Also, on both modes there is an "OPT" button which gives you more direct access to those same options. Additionally, on the main mode you can slide down the bottom drawer and click the "Options" button which will provide you with a screen to navigate and adjust all those same options. Whichever is easiest for you.
Old 4th August 2004, 18:05   #29
Death Reaper
Major Dude

Quote:
actually it is a skin only feature. u have to code it in to make it work.

-matt
Well, what I meant is that it is not only this skin's feature, it is many more than just one skin..

Regards,

Death Reaper
Old 5th August 2004, 07:46   #30
Velvet Sledge

hey... didn't lelou (milla jovovich) say "movie pass" in the movie fifth element? just when she held up what looked like a movie pass?? i pointed this out to someone else, but they seemed to think she said "multipass" what do you guys think (RPC excluded )?

WHAAAATTTT???? no tooltips?? is this some kind of sick joke?!?! oh mah gad!!
but seriously, nice skin, didn't realise the hover drawers would open when you hovered on the window, i reckon hover over button, or region on either side of the main window would be better. display is nice and clean. although i can't help but agree with matt and say that it's just begging for a more appealing overall image, it looks more like a default skin...

love the beat bars... nice touch,

those hover drawers are starting to get on my nerve... they're not even symmetrical! argh... okay how about this.. can you make an option to turn off hover, and throw in a button instead?

all in all, about a 452/883rds out of 1000000 for this skin... not bad...

"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares... you a mile away, and you've got his shoes." - Billy Connelly

"And the lord said unto john, come forth and recieve eternal life, but john came fifth and won a toaster" - Someone else in the winamp forums

"There's nothing wrong with the voices in my head... except when they start singing "this is the song that doesn't end.... "" - Me
Velvet Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2004, 10:18   #31
ziege

Quote:
those hover drawers are starting to get on my nerve... they're not even symmetrical! argh... okay how about this.. can you make an option to turn off hover, and throw in a button instead?
Definitely needed. The drawers went from 'cool and original' at first to 'argh kill them now'. Would be fine with a button to open and close them, but I'd really like to be able to move it about or move my mouse past it without them opening everytime. Also when adjusting the volume, the drawer closes while I'm still moving the slider. I'm afraid as neat as the whole skin is, I'm too irritated by the drawers popping in and out constantly.

WIP: NSX-999
Old 5th August 2004, 10:26   #32
Velvet Sledge

Quote:
Originally posted by ziege
The drawers went from 'cool and original' at first to 'argh kill them now'
couldn't have said it better my self...

RPC: not that it's a good idea, just need some option to kill it... it's not for everyone

"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares... you a mile away, and you've got his shoes." - Billy Connelly

"And the lord said unto john, come forth and recieve eternal life, but john came fifth and won a toaster" - Someone else in the winamp forums

"There's nothing wrong with the voices in my head... except when they start singing "this is the song that doesn't end.... "" - Me
Old 5th August 2004, 12:42   #33
matt_69
Sunshine
(Major Dude)

when i mean generic to rpc, i meant that these graphics look much like some of his other skins, not that they needed more eye candy. I DON'T WANT EYE CANDY! hehehe...well maybe i do, but only occationally..usually eye candy = high cpu usage.

that may sound like im bitching on but that is just my view on the situation.

-matt

Old 5th August 2004, 13:33   #34
Velvet Sledge

well it's needs a bit of an eye candy treatment... prehaps not so much that your computer freezes... but just a spruce up...

Old 5th August 2004, 13:49   #35
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Quote:
Originally posted by Velvet Sledge
hey... didn't lelou (milla jovovich) say "movie pass" in the movie fifth element? just when she held up what looked like a movie pass?? i pointed this out to someone else, but they seemed to think she said "multipass" what do you guys think (RPC excluded )?
It was "Multipass" of course, like a passport of the future, why would she bring a movie pass to an airport?

Quote:
those hover drawers are starting to get on my nerve... they're not even symmetrical!
Symmetry is over-rated in my opinion.

Quote:
Also when adjusting the volume, the drawer closes while I'm still moving the slider. I'm afraid as neat as the whole skin is, I'm too irritated by the drawers popping in and out constantly.
Even if the drawer does close when you are using the volume slider, dragging will continue to adjust the volume. I'm not going to be adding any more buttons to the closed interface, if the drawers bother you maybe this skin just isn't for you.
Old 5th August 2004, 13:55   #36
Velvet Sledge

she had a movie pass at the "air port" because they just won tickets to that thinga-ma-whatcha-call-it

Old 5th August 2004, 14:04   #37
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Quote:
Originally posted by Velvet Sledge
she had a movie pass at the "air port" because they just won tickets to that thinga-ma-whatcha-call-it
http://www.sciflicks.com/the_fifth_element/quotes.html
Old 5th August 2004, 14:09   #38
Velvet Sledge

what makes you think their right??? :P

infact....
Police: Are you classified as human?
Korben Dallas: No, I am a meat popsicle.

he acctually said "Negative, i am a meat popsicle"

Old 5th August 2004, 15:10   #39
ziege

Quote:
Originally posted by rpeterclark
I'm not going to be adding any more buttons to the closed interface, if the drawers bother you maybe this skin just isn't for you.
The skin is for me, just those drawers aren't, I've disabled them
Old 5th August 2004, 19:19   #40
leechbite
Major Dude

Send a message via Yahoo to leechbite
a suggestion rpc: make the drawers hide only when mouse hovers out and the WA is not on focus. let the drawers stay open while WA still on focus even when mouse hovers out.
leechbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins