Old 13th November 2005, 16:41   #1
Pagan1530

Some mp3's play, and some do not....

Im fairly new to the winamp scene, but just last week, I had a few albums on my computer that would play, and now the song title name is shown, but with no play time. I thought maybe the path changed of the DIR, but no. So I tried opening them in Windows Media Player, and it does not recognize the file. The files are in the directory, and they are mp3's. All of my other Mp3's play fine in Winamp, and WMP. Any help would be great, if you need more info, let me know.

**update**
I just found out the Mp3's that wont play have no ID3v1tag, and no MPEG info, they must have a few weeks ago, because like I said I could play these songs before. How do I update them and give them info?
Pagan1530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2005, 17:13   #2
Nightsilhouette

Send a message via ICQ to Nightsilhouette Send a message via AIM to Nightsilhouette Send a message via Yahoo to Nightsilhouette
Editing the Tags

i use Winamp 5.11 im not sure on your version but in mine. the MP3 tags can be edited through Winamp

first Method: Right Click on the file, look for "View File Info" on drop down menu

Second Method: click on the file, hit "Alt+3" (which is "view File Info")

on the earlier version im not sure if this works

however, the tags are not "Required" there more of "optional" ive played MP3's without tags, the tags are only for the library (if you use it) and winamp will read the tags and display them on the playlist instead of the filename

if they played before, and arnt playing now, even through windows media player, the problem sounds more like the file is either corrupted, or maybe the ".mp3" extention is messed up, if its not the extention, the only way i know to fix it, is to re-encode the song, or download it somewhere.

sorry if this isnt any help, if you want some help with changing/editing the file extension, drop me a message or e-mail me.
Nightsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support