Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News

Old 12th April 2009, 18:26   #1
rockouthippie
Banned

April 12 (Bloomberg) -- A tentative deal to free the American container-ship captain

April 12 (Bloomberg) -- A tentative deal to free the American container-ship captain who is being held captive by Somali pirates has been put off by a day, one of the pirates said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...7u0&refer=home

WTF? No one is ever going to get rid of these damn pirates by playing "patty cake" with them. Let em go? Give em a ransom? How about "You have 5 seconds or we'll blow you to hell?"

I feel bad about Captain Phillips, but the only thing paying these pirates off does is make more pirates. The reason Captain Phillips is a hostage right now is because these guys have been getting paid off by the Europeans.

This is the first time an American flagged ship has been jacked for decades. It ought to be the last. That safety came from our usual unwillingness to pay ransom.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 00:48   #2
fc*uk

I believe they up and rescued him a few hours ago. Killed 2-3 pirates and took one into custody. Saw it on the news ... found this article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7996213.stm

No worries about America paying off bullies.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 01:53   #3
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Yep, for once I think Obama made an intelligent move and ordered military action against the pirate standoff; Snipers from the US Navy SEALs managed to kill all three pirates that were holding the captain hostage and rescue the captain...

When this all went down, I thought the US Navy should've set up snipers in place to take the pirates down, but I didn't think they would actually do it, and I didn't expect SEALs to be used either...

That'll teach the Somalian Pirates not to fuck with us...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 05:16   #4
Rellik
Major Dude

Obama's orders were to take action if the captains life was in imminent danger.

Well all it took was a pirate to point an AK at the captain's back...

...Boom! Headshot! Double kill! Multikill!

Last edited by Rellik; 13th April 2009 at 07:29.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 06:24   #5
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
Snipers from the US Navy SEALs managed to kill all three pirates
From what I read:

killed three pirates in three shots, all direct hits to the head.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...rican-hostage/

Now that's some diplomacy!
Old 14th April 2009, 17:05   #6
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
How many SEALs will it take to take the other two boats that pirates took? Don't worry, they only took 2 of the 4 they attacked.

Story

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30204891/

/edit

why is "dot"cn blocked?

cnn ****n.com cnn.com
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 19:15   #7
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by dlinkwit27
How many SEALs will it take to take the other two boats that pirates took? Don't worry, they only took 2 of the 4 they attacked.
This would not be a United States responsibility since the rest of the hijacked ships are not US flagged.

I think it's preposterous to consider the taking of more cargo ships by the pirates as a response to the killing of their comrades.

They are pirates. That's what they do. "Leave us alone or we'll pirate some more ships!" ..... Hmmm.... wasn't that what you were doing before? "Well kill crew unless you pay us!" ... Hmmm... heard that before too...

I think if I was a pirate, I'd be trying to find another line of work. Maybe these guys don't read the paper. If they did, they'd notice that the UN is getting really serious. That's even going as far as to authorize air strikes on pirate bases inside Somalia. The pirates may go out in a blaze of glory. The operative words here are "go out". Game over.

I was looking at the terms for use of CNN material a while ago. Stupidly, and probably not legally in terms of "Fair Use", CNN claims rights even to it's headlines.

No problem. Just use another news service that isn't being incredibly short sighted.

Related:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=305140

Last edited by rockouthippie; 14th April 2009 at 19:54.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News