Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News

Old 14th May 2009, 04:55   #1
rockouthippie
Banned

Omission Watch: ABC, CBS and NBC Ignore Pelosi’s Torture Hypocrisy

For the past three weeks, controversy has swirled around Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who has called for a “truth commission” to expose the supposed war crimes of the Bush administration but who herself was briefed years ago on the use of waterboarding and the other enhanced interrogation techniques that are now drawing howls of outrage.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/rich-no...ture-hypocrisy

You should read the Washington Post article that claims that Pelosi and other Democrats in oversight positions were well aware of the torture and offered offered “mostly quiet acquiescence, if not outright support”.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...120801664.html

Watch Nancy's Nose Grow

Sputter, Sputter..... BUSTED!

Last edited by rockouthippie; 14th May 2009 at 05:28.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 12:05   #2
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to ryan
Nancy Pelosi and truth don't belong within the same paragraph. She's like the little kid that broke the vase while playing with their sibling and then lets them take the blame.

Waterboarding isn't torture, not saying that it is pleasant, but torture is a stretch. There are far more painful ways to torture someone. Have you ever got water up your nose while swimming? Then you've been waterboarded (to an extent).

Now it's time for the liberals to rip me a new one. GO!

edit: Torture is hurting someone for pleasure, what they did was to get information. Would you rather a terrorist blow up another major US landmark rather than feel 30 seconds of discomfort?

Last edited by ryan; 14th May 2009 at 12:25.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 15:27   #3
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Weren't the torture memos classified?
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 03:35   #4
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

For all of you experienced heroes who keep saying waterboarding is NOT torture check out what Jessie Ventura, an actual Seal who went through SERE training and has experiened water boarding, friendly waterboarding has to say.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...ter-board-dick

Dick and Hannity and rush and bill-o and the other torture enablers wouldn't last 90 seconds and neither would you or I. there was a reason Japaense officers were prosecuted for war crimes because of water boarding american, British and Aussie troops.

"Which is worse, ignorance or indifference?"

"I don't know, and I don't care."
watadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 03:59   #5
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

I never claimed to be an experienced hero\war veteran or anything of the kind.

Quote:
Dick and Hannity and rush and bill-o and the other torture enablers wouldn't last 90 seconds and neither would you or I.
That's exactly the point. The point of waterboarding is not to hurt people but to get information. I'd be glad if they only lasted 10 seconds. The quicker they start talking the better. You're willing to risk the security of an entire country over some people being waterboarded? It's not like they've killed anyone performing this.

Wait until someone flies a plane into one of your landmarks and kills 2000+ people. You'll quickly change your tune.

edit: Actually, three that I can find.

edit2:
Quote:
6. Water Boarding: The prisoner is bound to an inclined board, feet raised and head slightly below the feet. Cellophane is wrapped over the prisoner's face and water is poured over him. Unavoidably, the gag reflex kicks in and a terrifying fear of drowning leads to almost instant pleas to bring the treatment to a halt.
Of course there are always going to be false confessions. It doesn't matter how you interrogate someone they can tell you whatever they want.
Old 15th May 2009, 04:23   #6
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
It's funny how torture is perfectly alright when your political party supports it. Now say this happened in the Clinton white house and Bush released the memos, I am 100% sure Bill and Hanity and the Fox News cronies would be calling for a war crime trial.

I think the saddest thing ever is when someone lets their morals be guided by their political affiliation. everything is about the D or the R after the name. Morals have nothing to do with it, torture has nothing to do with it. It is just a way for the parties to bicker and fight. Is it humanly possible to ever have a rational debate in this country if water boarding is torture, and is it justified regardless. or is it just my party says it is alright so I have to agree. Nope it is I am right because I am a Republican and others say I am right and "Now it's time for the liberals to rip me a new one. GO!" ahh... Strong Republicans and Strong Democrats some of the most pathetic people on the planet.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 17:12   #7
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

I really don't have a certain political affiliation. I'm far from a republican, and certainly not a democrat. D or R has nothing to do with it. Like I said in my previous post it's about the security of MY COUNTRY. Bush didn't do much of anything I did like aside from the fact that he did the right thing when it came to national security. I will say I'm more conservative than liberal, but I'm not a die hard conservative either. I'm an AMERICAN, which is something a lot of people don't get these days.
Old 15th May 2009, 18:38   #8
rockouthippie
Banned

I think waterboarding is torture and it's an activity that we shouldn't be engaged in. That isn't the point. The point is that liberals have been engaged in a propaganda war, the real point of which has nothing to do with issues about the war at all.

We have "Bush's War" that Democrats voted for. We have "Bush's torture", which at least Pelosi tacitly supported. We have "Bush's wiretapping", which is continued under the current administration. We have "Bush's Concentration Camps", which Obama continued at Abu Graid. We have an economic recovery plan that is almost identical to Bush. We have a withdrawal from Iraq which is identical to Bush plans. Everyone is talking about the "last 8 years" when the problem in the economy probably started with Reagan.

Change? Maybe that will be the realization of the hypocritical propaganda that made you think that liberals were any better than conservatives.

It was effective too. I meet ordinarily intelligent people who spout liberal slogan goop. It also led us to elect a President who is totally unqualified. Obama is doing everything almost exactly like Bush did, and enjoying twice the approval rating.

I just wish the alternative to the liberal slant on everything wasn't Fox News and Rush Limbaugh

Our choice in government seems to be a choice between kooks!

In conversations with people around world affairs, I find that most Americans, in between chanting slogans, are slightly right of center. I think it's a slightly conservative country, even in people who claim to be liberals.

Our choices in government don't reflect our personality at all. Maybe Obama does, but he's as stonewalled by his own Congress as Bush was. He'll have a lot of luck getting "Change!" when the powerful in this country like things just the way they are. Especially with the trillions in bailouts to cover their misdeeds.

When all this pans out, we won't find the love of Europe, we won't find the love of Arabs, we won't get universal medical care, we won't find the end of war, we won't find the end of economic strife.....

... but we will be able to go to Iowa and make it official...

Last edited by rockouthippie; 15th May 2009 at 19:04.
Old 15th May 2009, 19:47   #9
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

I'm not saying it's right, but sometimes the end justifies the means.
Old 15th May 2009, 21:12   #10
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ryan
I'm not saying it's right, but sometimes the end justifies the means.
Sometimes, but I think we were pretty much pushing the envelope. On the other hand, comparing our "enhanced interrogation techniques" to war crimes committed by the Axis in WWII is completely idiotic.

The outrage by liberals is only propaganda to reinforce the "Republicans are evil" sentiment, not out of any concern at all for the poor terrorists who had a bad day with the CIA.

You'll notice that there was not even a squeak of dissent about any of this, including the Iraq War, until the Democrats could find some political advantage in it.
Old 15th May 2009, 22:21   #11
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

You can't play by the rules with an enemy who doesn't play by the rules.
Old 16th May 2009, 00:49   #12
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

That's what makes us as Americans better then them. At least it used to until we decided to become just as evil. Are you aware that the precedent of NOT torturing prisoners of war started with George Washington during the Revolutionary way. That was a time when pretty much every army tortured and killed their captured enemies -- the Brits certainly did. General Washington put out a general order that we would treat the captured Brits well and not torture them as he didn't want America to go down the same path as the rest of the world. Washington did not subscribe to "the end justifies the means," not even a little bit.

thought you might like the perspective on what being an American used to mean. That was way before liberal and conservative were slurs or even terms of general use. heh.

Old 16th May 2009, 00:53   #13
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

You'll notice that there was not even a squeak of dissent about any of this, including the Iraq War, until the Democrats could find some political advantage in it.

i think people in general were pretty freaking outraged back in 2004 or 2005 when these photos of abuse and torture and murder at abu Graeb[sic] first surfaced. And what about the millions of people who took to the streets in every major city of the world to protest the ramp up to the war. Did you forget that? really?

Old 16th May 2009, 01:22   #14
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by watadoo
people who took to the streets in every major city of the world to protest the ramp up to the war. Did you forget that? really?
People who didn't have a job, people who had time in between cashing their welfare checks, yuppies trying to appear cool or ex-hippies that fell off the microbus and bounced on their head too many times. Yeah, I saw em'

[img]http://retrovision*****wp-content/uploads/la-riots-300x198.jpg[/img]

Like this leading citizen, who took time from his busy day of shopping to protest the LAPD. You can tell he is a man of deep seated convictions. Many convictions I'll bet.

All that protesting is thirsty work, I just hope they can save up enough spit for the veterans when they come home. You know.... those soldiers they're so concerned about .....

Last edited by rockouthippie; 16th May 2009 at 02:24.
Old 16th May 2009, 03:55   #15
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

If you don't mind me asking, amigo, how old are you? I ask because you sound like some geezer from back in the late sixties Nixon Administration shouting, "Get a job, you DFH welfare scum." I mean, really now. Millions of people taking to the streets of every major city in the world; million of people gathering to protest the obvious lies the bush regime was ginning up to start their illegal war on brown people can't be swept away with a breezy, "they're a bunch of unemployed smelly hippies on welfare." I know you're smarter than that. And posting a picture of a black man rioting about Rodney king or wherever you got that image doesn't make your case. The millions of people who protested the rush to an illegal war of aggression in Iraq did not riot and burn their neighborhoods. I know you know that.

I'm not on welfare, have not been unemployed for longer than 3 weeks in the last two decades, am too young to be a hippie and am anything bur a yuppie ( I live in a rural area of dirt roads and pickup trucks, likely very much like you) but I took a couple of days off work and marched in SF along with 250,000 other concerned people. I know you think I'm a liberal scum. I think I'm a patriot for standing up to my government when it's so obviously running off the tracks. Oh and for the record, I'm very disappointed in Obama, too for continuing the Hell that was w. I still am glad McCain/Palin aren't in power, but I'm already looking elsewhere for 2012.

Old 16th May 2009, 04:41   #16
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by watadoo
[B]If you don't mind me asking, amigo, how old are you?
I'm 46, too young to have been in the protests of the 60's, but old enough to understand the thinking of the people that were. People only a few years older than me. They were not the champions of virtue they'd have you believe in.

Quote:
I ask because you sound like some geezer from back in the late sixties Nixon Administration shouting, "Get a job, you DFH welfare scum."
No. More like burn your Cat Stevens albums and not hash and your college; get that college education daddy paid for; you spoiled little bastards.

Quote:
Millions of people taking to the streets of every major city in the world; million of people gathering to protest the obvious lies the bush regime was ginning up to start their illegal war on brown people can't be swept away with a breezy, "they're a bunch of unemployed smelly hippies on welfare."
Yes it can, and it can also be explained by their ring leaders, the same spoiled little bastards and bastardettes that burned down their colleges.... now in Congress... and spouting the same Marxist bullshit they did back then. Rousing the rabble.

You'll notice when Obama continues and extends into Afghanistan the "illegal war on brown people" no one protests.

Quote:
I think I'm a patriot for standing up to my government when it's so obviously running off the tracks.
Did you notice it didn't make any difference? You WILL notice that the return of the Democrats to power will give you nothing you thought was important.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 16th May 2009 at 05:56.
Old 23rd May 2009, 06:09   #17
hgnis
Hobbit Humper
Forum King

Political omission is not new for politicians. Stupocrat, Bumblican, Labor, Comrade - they all bleed puss when the rubber meet the road.

I am so important I feel the need to let it be known like a liberal discovering the internets for the first time. Uh hur hur hur. I also wash myself with a rag on a stick.
Realitybites
<3
hgnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News