Old 18th December 2009, 19:39   #1
mr1134

library import from xp to windows7

howdy dudes and dudettes,
i switched from xp to windows 7 and wanted to migrate my library. therefore i made a backup of my ml and also exported it with the itunes-import-export plugin.

after installing winamp on windows 7, i installed the import-export plugin and tried to reimport my library. however, winamp freezes when trying to import. btw: except of the playcounts, it seems to import fine to itunes. however, the playcounts are pretty crucial for me.

the second thing i tried was to copy the medialib into the plugins folder. i have done this several times on xp and therefore i'm pretty sure, i backupped all the files i need. however, winamp doesn't recognize my medialib.

than i deceided to upgrade winamp to 5.57 as winamp by now seems to offer itunes medialib support. however, the button is grayed out and i got no clue why.

any ideas on this?

thx for any support.
mr1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 14:39   #2
mr1134

i just solved this by myself. i thought it might be helpful to share my solution.

if you want to migrate your lib from xp to windows 7 you need to go into the winamp plugin folder and backup the folder 'ml' and the file 'gen_ml.ini'.

after installing winamp on windows 7 you have to copy the backupped files to your computer. however, the file destination has changed. you have to copy those files to:
"C:\Users\$USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\Plugins"

Needless to say, if you didn't install on C: you have to change the driver letter.

PS: In order to make this work, you need to make sure, that the path to your music didn't change.

That's it! Sit back and relax!
mr1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support