Old 16th February 2014, 05:10   #1
ElectricFox

Unwanted French plugin in my Winamp

Hi there !

I live in Belgium, which means near France ! A French company, Todae.fr, has placed in my Winamp a plugin which allows me to listen to non-internet French radios. All the FM channels I used to listen to before I had a compter. It is "Radios françaises" (French radios)
I searched Todae.fr on Google, they mention that plugin, but it has to be downloaded. I didn't download it !! There's also "Traductions par Todae.fr", which means translation by Todae.fr. I needno translations, and I do't want to listen to French radios on my computer, I listen only to British radios & internet radios.
Could I get rid of this plugin?? The "official" language of my laptop is French. I have another laptop whose official language is English, I didn't get this plugin on that one.
It's a little bit like a malware, they installed it without my knowing and there's no explanations about how to uninstall it !
I just don't want to listen to French radios or to see this, it's a little bit enraging. I don't like France !
Attached is a screen capture of my desktop with a winamp skin (Art Of War) & what I see when I right click the main window. You will see "Radios Françaises" & "Traductions par Todar.fr"

Please help, this is getting on my nerves !

Thanks in advance.

Stephen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture plein écran 16022014 052824.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	51013  
ElectricFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2014, 06:14   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Hi

The French Radio Plugin is included with the official French installer for Winamp.
Both the plugin and French Winamp translation are by todae.fr

There should be an option in the installer to not install the plugin (on the Choose Components page).

To remove the plugin, delete %ProgramFiles%\Winamp\Plugins\gen_LMPwa.dll

As for the Traduction par todae.fr (Translation by todae.fr) menu item....
This is added by the French language pack.
You would need to extract & edit winamp.lng from Winamp\Lang\Winamp-fr-fr.wlz
by removing these lines from Menu > 101

MENUITEM SEPARATOR
MENUITEM "Traduction par Todae.fr", -25534

Then save winamp.lng and re-add it to the wlz

You can use 7Zip to extract from & recompress the .wlz ,
and any Resource Editor (ResHack, Restorator, VisualStudio, etc) to edit winamp.lng

Or just switch to the default English translation instead (via Winamp > Prefs > Localization)
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
french, plugin, removal, winamp