Old 20th May 2005, 16:41   #81
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
If you uncheck the eMusic button on the Full + eMusic installer, you have the full install right there.

Same goes for eMusic and Hawthorne on that bundle.

More info here: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....d=199851#guide

For the more visually-oriented: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....22#post1661322
Old 20th May 2005, 16:42   #82
wanderer

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....25#post1674725 should answer that. if you want a full version then just uncheck the emusic bundle option.

the emusic bundle is some sort of free mp3 download thing or something, i always uncheck it so i don't know exactly what it is, someone else may be able to give you more information

Old 20th May 2005, 16:45   #83
Mooselips87

cheers, done and dusted
Old 20th May 2005, 16:53   #84
Mooselips87

just hope i dont get anymore of the same problems as with 5.09
_ _
\\//
,, \\ ,,
.\_/||\_/.
//\\@@//\\
|/ /|~~|\ \|
## \____/ ##
'' / || \ ''
\-||-/
.##||##.
Old 20th May 2005, 20:26   #85
Wooden

Quote:
Originally posted by Wooden
What is Ctrl-B supposed to do exactly?
Isn't it just end of list?
With winamp 5.091,
when repeating is Off
when i press Ctrl-B, it changes the song but then when i hit B or the next song button, it just doesn't work.
Is it what Ctrl-B is supposed to do? lock the song in repeating off mode, because when repeating is 'all' or 'track', hitting ctrl-B just change the song and the next (>) button and B still work
If it's not a feature and that no one can reproduces, i'll try a clean install

edit: also, when after pressing Ctrl-B in repeating off mode (when it's locked) at the end of the song it stops playing and doesn't plays an other song, it's not the end of the playlist song tho.
Well, no one replied yet, and i just tested with the official 5.091 build and it just does the same.
Feature or not?
Old 20th May 2005, 21:59   #86
reidy

all very well but as soon as i d/l the newest version I lost my left speaker and bass box and no one has contacted me for info or advice since placing a problem post 6 hours ago....................................
Old 21st May 2005, 01:59   #87
Viper6

Anyone else experiencing a really slow load time when winamp is first opened?

It takes about 6 seconds to open, and I have a FAST processor (FX-55).

I just downloaded the latest version (5.091) and even unchecked "AOL Videos" option but it's really slow to load...
Old 21st May 2005, 02:02   #88
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
@Viper6

Are you using any third-party plugins?

Would you please post a HijackThis log?
Old 21st May 2005, 06:28   #89
Viper6

Nope no plugins default modern skin no modifications at all...

And my PC is free from Spyware :O
Old 21st May 2005, 10:52   #90
Viper6

Seems i'm not the only one with the problem...

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...336375&p=5#r87
Old 21st May 2005, 14:50   #91
STanger

Send a message via AIM to STanger Send a message via Yahoo to STanger
are you running 5.091 using Windows XP Professional X64 Edition by chance? That might account for your slow startup problem. You need to make sure that the winamp program folder in C:\Program Files isn't read-only .. it may not be the cause in this instance but ya never know.
Old 21st May 2005, 18:05   #92
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Anybody experiencing slow load time should read this recent post, as well as mrps2man's response and my subsequent reply. You may find it helpful.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Old 21st May 2005, 21:48   #93
dwarfy

Hi (and sorry for my english),

I've never had any problem with any winamp except this release.

I've tried the three (I think they were three no ? First build, second after the retirement and now the one we could direct download from the homepage) builds.

Everytime the same: I could seek forward, but could'nt go backward.

Sometime player become crazy (and no sound) with the seek slider moving alone. Nothing is possible except kill the task.

Sometime Winamp simply crash (the "topbar" take my xp skin) and I must kill the task.

On my two other computer, I don't have this problem.

I've a completly clean computer (and as I said never had any problem with previous builds, actualy 5.09), if any details are needed, please ask.

EDIT: oups, sorry, i'll post that into bug report section.

Edit --> DJ Egg]
No, you won't, heh. I've split your (cross)post from the Bug Reports sticky, and moved it to Tech Support here
Old 22nd May 2005, 16:50   #94
cyu
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to cyu Send a message via Yahoo to cyu
Fileforum also has downloads now.
Winamp 5.091 Full Final
Winamp Lite 5.091
Old 22nd May 2005, 17:23   #95
Kado

Winamp 5.x is bloated?!

Sincerely I still don't get it... Where is the part that those guys at fileforum don't get in the installer that allows you to select only the things that you want to install? Just un-check what you don't want or install the lite version of Winamp v5.x.

Old 22nd May 2005, 17:48   #96
cyu
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to cyu Send a message via Yahoo to cyu
A lot of open-ended users use winamp, and they skim right past the installation without touching anything.
Old 22nd May 2005, 23:46   #97
STanger

well instead of complaining about fileforum's incessant whining and misinformation why don't we go over there and inform the masses
Old 23rd May 2005, 02:49   #98
amano
Major Dude

Nice.

Thanks to all those responsible (after all my complaining with 5.090). 5.091 kicks the llama's ass. Great work, guys

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
Old 23rd May 2005, 14:34   #99
onestar

What I'd like to know is why Winamp is "phoning home" whenever I exit the program?

I've set the player up so that it's not connected to the Internet, not to look for updates, and not to report statistics back, but ever since I've upgraded to 5.091, whenever I close Winamp, my firewall pops up and says that Winamp is trying to connect to 205.188.244.138 on port 80.

What the hell, guys? What gives? Got some secret little "phone home" dll running in the background?

I don't like this. I'm very concerned about privacy...I've used Winamp for years, and have never seen this.

Unless this is addresses, I'm gonna have to look for a different music player...
Old 23rd May 2005, 15:24   #100
Kieran Walker

Onestar, did you even bother reading this thread, or any of the threads on Winamp 5.09 at all?

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
- Update: Online Media tree is now dynamic (Checking can now be disabled)

And just a reminder... if you DO uncheck that option, then you will be stuck with the same 5 Online Media views forever... ie. no live feeds etc for you.

Also note that the check is now done on Winamp exit, and not at startup like it was in 5.09 :-)
Honestly, I really don't understand you "ZOMG COMPLET & UDER PRIVAYC" types. One program has to access the internet for ANYTHING and you totally flip out.
Old 23rd May 2005, 15:37   #101
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

I'm sure this has already been mentioned a few times, but here it is again :/

Winamp > Prefs (Ctrl+P) > Media Library > Online Media tab:
Modify Preferences button > Uncheck "Look for new Online Media Channels on exit"

Note, unchecking that option will mean that only the current 5 Online Media views are always displayed, and you'll NEVER receive any updated channels (no live feeds etc for you).

[Edit]

Grr, damn crosspost
Old 23rd May 2005, 15:40   #102
bemymonkey

aaaah...

I'm experiencing crashes every now and then when selecting a new internet radio stream from within the media library. Doubleclicking on a stream results in Winamp just disappearing... Never seen it happen before.

anyone else having problems with internet radio?

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 23rd May 2005, 15:47   #103
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

No such problems here dude.
Maybe try Tech Support instead?
(including all relevant sys specs, HJT log & list of ANY extra 3rd-party plugins).

Note, that if your previous build was 5.09, then we recommend a clean install, as opposed to upgrading (due to potential .ini file conflicts).
Old 23rd May 2005, 15:49   #104
bemymonkey

hmmm... that's a good idea. Actually, this install was 5.08e... then came 5.09 over the top... then 5.08e back over the top again. Will try a clean install.

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 23rd May 2005, 15:51   #105
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

By the way, has anyone noticed that the Online Media views now load a lot faster in 5.091?
Old 23rd May 2005, 16:02   #106
bemymonkey

okies, reinstalled. still got the same problem... ^o)

pretty weird... but not a big problem.

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 23rd May 2005, 19:21   #107
STanger

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
By the way, has anyone noticed that the Online Media views now load a lot faster in 5.091?

sure do .. everytime I blink I miss it ..it's that quick for me at least
Old 24th May 2005, 04:52   #108
babaoriley83

Quote:
Originally posted by Nunzio390
Anybody experiencing slow load time should read this recent post, as well as mrps2man's response and my subsequent reply. You may find it helpful.
I've had problems with load times of over 30 seconds with winamp 5.09. After disabling the media library loading at startup, this 30 delay happened only when opening the library for the first time. I still had the same problem with 5.091. I searched around online (sorry forget where i found it) and found it was related to PXSDKPLS.dll (primosdk.DLL in 5.09). If i remeber, the file is related to burning cd's and accesses gen_ml.dll improperly. I deleted this dll because i don't use winamp for burning cd's and now the loading time is practically nothing.

Motherboard: Abit KR7A
CPU: Athlon XP 2000
CD-RW: SONY CD-RW CRX175E2
DVD-ROM: LITEON DVD-ROM LTD163D
Old 24th May 2005, 05:15   #109
STanger

should I consider myself lucky not to have any startup problems?
Old 24th May 2005, 06:36   #110
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

@ STanger...

Maybe you are lucky. Maybe you're not. I dunno. But I certainly don't have any startup problems.

@ babaoriley83...

When you quoted me above, you evidently did not also continue on to read my subsequent reply in that thread to mrps2man, where I indicated that I also uncheck Sonic Ripping/Burning support in the Winamp installer options. And if you followed the other link I provided in step #3 in my initial post, you would have read the recommendations by both me and DJ Egg in the other thread I linked to, and have also seen that the Sonic CD Burning/Ripping Engine was one of the optional components that we both recommended not to install.

Screenshot...

PXSDKPLS.dll is included with Sonic Ripping/Burning support, and I and others always UNcheck that option when installing. It can indeed slow things down. Unchecking it is fine because you can STILL use Winamp's CD Ripper if you uncheck that feature and use wnaspi32.dll instead.

[Off Topic]
btw... with a name like babaoriley83, am I to assume that you are a Who fan?
[/Off Topic]
Old 24th May 2005, 07:25   #111
STanger

so PXSDKPLS.dll is an aspi layer then? well what about ripping and burning performance using PXSDKPLS.dll rather then using wnaspi.dll?
Old 24th May 2005, 09:33   #112
foxyshadis

Send a message via AIM to foxyshadis Send a message via Yahoo to foxyshadis
Quote:
Originally posted by Nunzio390
Nothing's changed there either. Same as it's always been in the ML. Double-clicking on "Playlists" will expand/collapse it. Double-clicking other "roots" in the left panel will do the same. Then as long as you properly shut down Winamp (Winamp retains settings upon a proper shutdown), the next time you start Winamp and open the ML your preferences will have been saved.
I'm not seeing this behavior. 5.091 clean, XP SP2. I can open winamp, double click the local media or devices root to close it, and close winamp; then upon next open everything's expanded again. The gen_ml.ini's being updated on close, and new playlists are being saved, but not expanded/contracted state.

Also column sizes occasionally reset, but I can't repro it now, so it's not important.
Old 24th May 2005, 11:57   #113
STanger

are any of the people having startup problems on dialup?

I'm thinking that since it's updating channels on exit it would be doing so regardless if you're actually using shoutcast or not .. which is rather pointless on dialup to begin with

but anyway ... if 5.091 is actually fetching channel info on exit it would prolly take longer and the OS could possibly auto end it as a hung program if the channel info request takes too long ..which it might

but after that point I'm not sure of what winamp would be doing to cause the startup slowness .. does it retry to fetch channel info if the exit fetch was unsuccessful?
Old 24th May 2005, 11:59   #114
gaekwad2
Foorum King

You could test that by disabling the "Look for new media" option and see if it makes any difference.
Old 24th May 2005, 15:46   #115
STanger

one problem .. I"M NOT ON DIALUP :P

that's the reason I was asking.....
Old 24th May 2005, 16:05   #116
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by STanger
but after that point I'm not sure of what winamp would be doing to cause the startup slowness .. does it retry to fetch channel info if the exit fetch was unsuccessful?
No, if enabled, the Online Media check occurs on Winamp exit only.

Some users have been reporting slow startup issues ever since v5.0 release, so I don't think it's anything 5.091-specific to blame. Alas, no-one has ever been able to reproduce them though.

If affected, refer to the FAQ

Slow startup issues:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=160147
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=160920
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=169085
http://www.winampunlimited.com/like_the_wind/
Old 24th May 2005, 17:21   #117
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Quote:
I'm not seeing this behavior. 5.091 clean, XP SP2. I can open winamp, double click the local media or devices root to close it, and close winamp; then upon next open everything's expanded again. The gen_ml.ini's being updated on close, and new playlists are being saved, but not expanded/contracted state.
I am the one the originally posted about this issue and I agree that it has not been "addressed". However, I did not want to complain too much because I am sure that there are much more serious issues to focus on. But having the playlist stay collapsed in the left pane would be a nice feature. When you have 300 playlists like I do and it opens expanded everytime, it is a minor inconvenience.

Thanks for all of your hard work Winamp Team. There is no better player anywhere.
Old 24th May 2005, 17:37   #118
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

A foxyshadis & Juanus...

I take back what I said here initially, because I do now see with the latest 5.091 build that in fact I am no longer observing that behavior either. The ML is not saving that state. :/
Old 24th May 2005, 17:47   #119
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Quote:
A foxyshadis & Juanus...

I take back what I said here initially, because I do now see with the latest 5.091 build that in fact I am no longer observing that behavior either. The ML is not saving that state. :/
Thanks for replying. I actually don't think that it has ever saved that state. I posted this same problem in the wishlist back in october here with no response.

I am sorry to be a pain. :/

Great work guys!
Old 25th May 2005, 17:24   #120
DarkBeer

Quote:
Originally posted by biggman15
I don't see it in there... Is there an option to stop winamp from Calling home everytime you turn it on?????
Thanks!
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion