Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14th October 2010, 17:25   #10
DigiBC

I'm very happy to hear that someone is taking care of this outdated but hugely useful plugin finally!

And I'm glad that senior Winamp developers have offered their support so that we can expect a new plugin that really utilizes Winamp's recent capabilities (e.g. localisation). Also it would make up ground on its competitor "Edcast" (previously known as "oddcast") which suffers from similar problems and hasn't been updated for quite a while.
So I hope that there's a chance even to get AAC encoding working again (like it's working very well with "ml_transcode.dll").

So far I've been using version 1.9.1 with AAC+ encoding since AAC encoding is only working coincidentally. (Somehow AAC encoding seems to work just once after a new installation.)

Regarding version 1.9.2 beta build 001:

The plugin's basic functionality appears very stable, but I would like to support all previous suggestions made here.

There's only one bug I've found so far (but maybe it's meant to be a feature):
Other Winamp DSP plugins I know and also version 1.9.1 minimize to system tray after clicking on the "exit" button; the only way to really close the plugin is to select "(none)" in Winamp Preferences - DSP/Effect plug-in.
After clicking on the "exit" button of version 1.9.2 the plugin window is closed, but it's still active somehow - also in Winamp Preferences.
Closing the plugin should also cut off the connection to the DNAS. Otherwise a new connection won't be possible until timeout of the DNAS.

I'm very much looking forward to the next version of that plugin (and I'm sure the "silent majority" will agree)...
So please keep up your good work!

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions